October 25, 2014 | 1226 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - illuminating bronzing powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got two of these-Antigua (pink) and Aruba (light golden bronze). I wasn't impressed with Antigua as a bronzer (nice as a blush) but i liked it in Aruba. It gave a pretty subtle sunkissed glow to my fair skin without looking muddy, orange or too dark. Although its an illuminating bronzer, it is not ott with the shimmer-it just deposits a glow. As much as i like it, i doubt i would buy it again. Nice product esp for the summer-if im nit picking i would have to say the Bobbi Brown compacts drive me mad-the clasp to open them always breaks, its happened on nearly all my BB compacts!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by deewei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this in 'MAUI' and i use this as blush (i'm nc20) since i never use bronzer and honestly i dont like bronzer. very pigmented, so a little will do. i use my 187 to apply the product and it went smoothly <3
pricey but worth the money since the size is 9g (very HUGE)
the only thing that i dont really like is that the lid, idk why the small black 'click click' stucked, so i put tape to get the lid closed =(
i use this baby almost 7 mth everyday but still looks like a brand new.
since its huge, i would probably not buying this product, it will last me FOREVER

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by mad0317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic bronzer. I have medium-tan skin and I got it in barbados tan and it is the same color that I naturally tan. It looks quite shimmery in the pan but when you brush it on it imparts a very slight glow and a perfect bronze. I am going to go get the bronzer brush too because it still looked better when the MA at the counter put it on me than it does when I do it myself with my cheap brush. But even still, I feel like I look perfectly sunkissed as soon as I put this on!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I got this in Maui, but reluctantly returned it. The compact was beautiful, the texture soft and smooth, and it blended beautifully. I've been using Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer with BB's Coral blush daily and thought this might be a 'one-stop' bronzer/blush I could sub instead. It just didn't give my skin the radiance and depth the other combo does. On my medium beige skin, the color was just a tad off somehow...a bit too cool without the brightening effect of the other two. I just couldn't pull it off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by RHanson

I like this for going out, but other wise, it is just too shimmery. In the mirror, I looked, as the name says, illuminated. However, once I went out, all my friends asked why I had glitter all over my face. In pictures, I looked pretty good, which is why I was hesitant to give this less than 3 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by NARSaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh, Bobbi. How much do I love thee? Please allow me to count the ways...Bar none, hands down, this has got to be the absolute BEST bronzer I've ever laid my cosmetically-obsessed hands on. You'll glimmer, you'll glow, you'll look like a beautiful bronzed goddess who just happens to be lit from within. Honestly, my stomach did back flips when I let the girl at the counter put this on me. Truly, it's amazing. I have this in Aruba and it makes me feel...smashing. And what's also so awesome about it is that it's PERFECT for those "no make-up days" or when you really don't have the time to sit there and do the whooooole process. Nope, just a touch of this on the cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose, and at the temples (oh! Quick tip: Pretend that you're drawing the number 3 down each side of your face, starting at the temples and all the way down to your chin. THEN, dust a little below your jaw line...ta da! Facial sculpting 101). ANYWAYS, this bronzer is amazing. I'd bet that it's the best on the market. As a side note, I'd definitely recommend taking the plunge and handing over $50 for the bronzer brush.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Maui. I originally swatched it in-store and fell in love with the peachy glow and bought it thinking it would be a good NARS Orgasm dupe (which doesn't show up on my NC37 skintone). However when I tried it on, I was initially disappointed because it was sheer and too shimmery. Since then, I have worn it more and have grown to like it as it gives a natural healthy flush. It isn't very pigmented with one swipe, but can be built up for more colour. With one swipe with a fluffy big brush it gives a healthy sheen which is good for when you want something subtle to pair with a stronger eye or lip. My main gripe with this product is the shimmer. It's not a subtle shimmer quite chunky, quite noticeable. I will enjoy it for now but will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by cetati

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Maui and Antigua and I love them both. I couldn't decide between them so I got both. They're both lovely pinks, but Maui is a little bronzier and more coral. This, applied on my cheeks with a bronzer brush (also by BB), imparts an amazing, sun-kissed pink-bronze glow on my cheeks. With the product left over on my brush, I go all over with it, chin, forehead, nose.. and it imparts a lovely glow to my usually dead and sun-damaged skin. A++. I cannot live without this product to brighten my dull olive complexion up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ural0000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

With my fairly pale skin (NC20/Porcelain) I so far gave bronzers a wide berth sincetheytend to make me look either orange or as if I hadn't washed my face for weeks - therefore I was intrigued when BB advertised their range of illuminating bronzers, promising to offer a colour for every skin tone.

The MA at my local counter recommended Antigua and Aruba to me- and lo and behold! With Antigua (a pinkish bronze) alone I look awake and well rested, Aruba dusted over that with a light hand maked me look like I've had a short beach holiday - slightly bronzed, but not screamig fake at anyone.

I also bought their bronzer brush - large and flat topped it managed to distribute the bronzer evenly with out making it look splodgy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best makeup products I've ever had the pleasure of buying. I got mine in Antigua.

I've never been into bronzers because they always make me look too dark, or fake. This does the opposite. It's so natural. This gives a beautiful natural glow, with a hint of pink. It does make you look a bit darker. But it doesn't look like you put bronzer on. It looks like you just came back from the beach, with a slight sunkissed tan. I've never even heard of a pink bronzer before. It looks beautiful as a blush too. This is something every woman needs in her makeup bag. And the price was pretty good too. With tax it's $34. Not bad for something this good! and for something from Bobbi Brown!