July 25, 2014 | 1946 users online

Foundations - Perricone - No Foundation Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by annalynn77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After seeing very mixed reviews about this product I took the plunge and I'm so glad I did.. Been using LM oil free tinted moisturizer for many years I love it but no matter how much powder I put on, my skin shines and looks oily after a few hours. This however wore very well after I applied powder only once wore for 8 hrs with very little shine, coverage was very natural my skin but better.. Color match was perfect( i wear caramel in LM) I am very happy with this product.. Will def repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Amistarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been looking for (am still looking for) a really good tinted moisturiser/BB cream that can give me some coverage but look natural and won't clog my pores. I thought I would try this after seeing all the great reviews. It is a good product, but not ideal for my skin type.

First - I am Indian and have a darker skin tone in the Summer or after I have been on holiday. I bought this after coming home from a holiday and it is currently too light for my skin tone. I do think it would be a better match in the winter though so will try again when my tan disappears!

Secondly - I have combination/oily skin and I did feel as though this foundation was too shiny/oily for my skin. It is ok once I apply a powder over it but it does seem to make my face shiny.

I do see the benefits of it - it does look REALLY natural and the coverage is surprisingly good (I have acne scars and only needed to use a dab of concealer over a few of the scars). Might try it again next winter and see if its better - for now I will be looking for another light foundation/tinted moisturiser!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

This was available only via Air Canada Duty Free onboard. I was feeling itchy, and when I read the product description, I couldn't help but try it.

Even though I was told there is only one universal colour (I'm a lighter Asian, but not a super light Asian), but I opted to buy anyway.

Yes, the colour is quite orange and dark, even after I apply it to the face. I'm not sure if it eventually "blends" with my skin tone, or whether my powder neutralizes the dark colour, but after I apply my powder, it does become a natural colour on my face.

PROs:
- Easy, on the go squirt bottle, allowing me to bring it with me on holiday, in my purse, or during activity
- Provides SPF
- Really does give you that dewy look

CONs:
- It is quite thick and thus makes it hard to apply
- I feel that it is a very thick something on my face, even after I apply powder. I guess the only way to describe it is that I don't like that I can feel it even after hours after application

Unfortunately, without feeling the benefits of it (no visual results of pore minimizing), and for the price, I would not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by rg2324

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this foundation. It is light, yet has coverage. Doesn't feel oily or heavy and I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bizworth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff!

First, let me say that I do not like to wear a lot of make-up. I prefer a very sheer, natural look. I just need a product that helps to even out my skin tone and fade a few blemishes.

I got a sample of this at Sephora about a week ago. It was enough for me to try it for 4 days. The first night when I removed my make-up, I noticed my skin underneath looked healthier than it had in the morning. I continued to notice an improvement every evening after wearing this foundation. My skin felt smoother, the texture looked better, and some blemishes/acne scars faded.

I also have dry, sensitive skin - I tried Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, which I loved, but then it made me break out. The No Foundation Foundation has actually warded off a breakout. I get hormonal acne around my jaw line and would normally have a few zits around now and I don't have any new ones sprouting up.

As far as coverage, it is very sheer. If you are looking for something to provide heavy coverage, this product is not for you. It does, however, even out the redness in my face and blur my small blemishes. So say I have a small red blotchy acne scar - when I put this on it looks much more faded, like it's almost healed. I also noticed while using this that immediately after application it doesn't look like I put anything on, but once it dries for a minute or two my skin does look much better and smoother. I also brushed a little layer of Bare Minerals matte finish powder foundation over this on a couple of the days when I needed a bit more coverage, and it looked great. I like to finish off the look with a light dusting of Josie Maran Luminous Hydrating Powder.

As far as anti-aging, I have not noticed a significant difference. I am 27 and just have fine lines in my eye area. I do not think they look any better or worse so far, but I'll see over the next few weeks.

The only drawback for me is the price - It's $55 for just an ounce of product. But given the benefits to my skin thus far, I think it's worth it so I splurged on a bottle today. It's like a skincare product + make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product , it is the only foundation -( well it's not a foundation but you know what I mean .) I have purchased many times . In fact I am on my 6 th bottle . I use it for my days off work when I want to look like me but better , no make up look . It makes my skin look fresher and nicer and a little bit glowy and younger ! .I woulnt use this for a big night out or for work, I like more coverage base for that , but for a quick every day look I really love this . I am very pale and although this is a universal no colour , it does give me a hint of colour on but when smoothed on its very subtle and natural .

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I returned this after using it for a week or so.

My skin tone is medium-light (MAC NC30). I usually wear the second- or third- lightest shade in most foundation lines.

This product is supposedly a universal shade, but it looked dark and blotchy on me. I didn't like the texture, either-- it felt similar to a heavy mineral sunscreen, which is basically what it is-- a tinted sunscreen.

It's a shame that they don't offer more shades, because one thing I did notice is that my bare skin looked amazing after using this for a few days. I think the "treatment" ingredients in this product must be really effective. My skin looked brighter and felt softer and just healthier in general. As a result, I've decided to try some of the Perricone skin care line. I just wish this No Foundation product had worked better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was at Sephora and a mua gave me a sample and was demoing this at the store. I am very fair and I thought it was light enough to blend well. It is kind of smelly. I think for the price there are others that are better. I did really like that it was UVA/UVB with no chemical sunscreens. I would not purchase, kind of greasy & not really worth the high price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

Grooooosssssss! I have been on the hunt for the perfect tinted moisturizer and was dead set on loving this product. I am so glad I got a sample first.
~ I could not get over the fishy smell. It lingers. If you like your face to smell like the wharf, this one is for you!
~ the texture is sticky and heavy
~ smells strange
~ left my face greasy and shiny
~ I'm baffled as to how the color of this product can be considered " universal "

There was nothing redeeming about this product. I'm so sad. The hunt continues.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

No matter how much or little of this I used, it made my face look orange. I have fair skin, but I had read that this would work for all skin colors. Not so! This is going back. What a shame, because I liked it otherwise. They really need an "Fair" shade in this foundation - then it would have been really good.