April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Foundations - Perricone - No Foundation Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by rg2324

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this foundation. It is light, yet has coverage. Doesn't feel oily or heavy and I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bizworth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff!

First, let me say that I do not like to wear a lot of make-up. I prefer a very sheer, natural look. I just need a product that helps to even out my skin tone and fade a few blemishes.

I got a sample of this at Sephora about a week ago. It was enough for me to try it for 4 days. The first night when I removed my make-up, I noticed my skin underneath looked healthier than it had in the morning. I continued to notice an improvement every evening after wearing this foundation. My skin felt smoother, the texture looked better, and some blemishes/acne scars faded.

I also have dry, sensitive skin - I tried Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, which I loved, but then it made me break out. The No Foundation Foundation has actually warded off a breakout. I get hormonal acne around my jaw line and would normally have a few zits around now and I don't have any new ones sprouting up.

As far as coverage, it is very sheer. If you are looking for something to provide heavy coverage, this product is not for you. It does, however, even out the redness in my face and blur my small blemishes. So say I have a small red blotchy acne scar - when I put this on it looks much more faded, like it's almost healed. I also noticed while using this that immediately after application it doesn't look like I put anything on, but once it dries for a minute or two my skin does look much better and smoother. I also brushed a little layer of Bare Minerals matte finish powder foundation over this on a couple of the days when I needed a bit more coverage, and it looked great. I like to finish off the look with a light dusting of Josie Maran Luminous Hydrating Powder.

As far as anti-aging, I have not noticed a significant difference. I am 27 and just have fine lines in my eye area. I do not think they look any better or worse so far, but I'll see over the next few weeks.

The only drawback for me is the price - It's $55 for just an ounce of product. But given the benefits to my skin thus far, I think it's worth it so I splurged on a bottle today. It's like a skincare product + make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product , it is the only foundation -( well it's not a foundation but you know what I mean .) I have purchased many times . In fact I am on my 6 th bottle . I use it for my days off work when I want to look like me but better , no make up look . It makes my skin look fresher and nicer and a little bit glowy and younger ! .I woulnt use this for a big night out or for work, I like more coverage base for that , but for a quick every day look I really love this . I am very pale and although this is a universal no colour , it does give me a hint of colour on but when smoothed on its very subtle and natural .

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I returned this after using it for a week or so.

My skin tone is medium-light (MAC NC30). I usually wear the second- or third- lightest shade in most foundation lines.

This product is supposedly a universal shade, but it looked dark and blotchy on me. I didn't like the texture, either-- it felt similar to a heavy mineral sunscreen, which is basically what it is-- a tinted sunscreen.

It's a shame that they don't offer more shades, because one thing I did notice is that my bare skin looked amazing after using this for a few days. I think the "treatment" ingredients in this product must be really effective. My skin looked brighter and felt softer and just healthier in general. As a result, I've decided to try some of the Perricone skin care line. I just wish this No Foundation product had worked better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was at Sephora and a mua gave me a sample and was demoing this at the store. I am very fair and I thought it was light enough to blend well. It is kind of smelly. I think for the price there are others that are better. I did really like that it was UVA/UVB with no chemical sunscreens. I would not purchase, kind of greasy & not really worth the high price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

Grooooosssssss! I have been on the hunt for the perfect tinted moisturizer and was dead set on loving this product. I am so glad I got a sample first.
~ I could not get over the fishy smell. It lingers. If you like your face to smell like the wharf, this one is for you!
~ the texture is sticky and heavy
~ smells strange
~ left my face greasy and shiny
~ I'm baffled as to how the color of this product can be considered " universal "

There was nothing redeeming about this product. I'm so sad. The hunt continues.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

No matter how much or little of this I used, it made my face look orange. I have fair skin, but I had read that this would work for all skin colors. Not so! This is going back. What a shame, because I liked it otherwise. They really need an "Fair" shade in this foundation - then it would have been really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by MsDeLarge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I placed my order i expected this to be more of a transcluent foundation or a pigmented primer. I was quite suprised that this foundation is tinted and after reading that Eva Mendes swears by this product i had some doubts that one color fits all. I tried it last weekend after moisturizing and i really love it! It makes my skin look radiant and gives me a nice color and enough coverage. The only downside is the price. Considering the size of the bottle, it's ridiculously expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I believe this is a product for someone who's skin is so flawless that it doesn't really need any improvement but wants a luxurious feel which this highly hyped about and very expensive product delivers. Myself, I have to admit I've never tried a worse foundation. It doesn't go on smoothly, it doesn't give any coverage at all except it makes my face look darker and sort of burned (it comes in only one shade which is ridiculous), it exagerates pores and smells sick. It is just what the name says - a no foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by perrier

I'm a NC 25, and find that this gives a natural glow - not too orange, not too pale. I've been on the hunt for a BB cream - something that makes my skin look better, evens out tone, has SPF and doesn't break me out. And I've tried loads - Hanskin, Missha, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Dior, Garnier and Ive been trying out foundations too - NARS, Estee Lauder, Benefit, etc etc...All the BB creams I've tried either accentuate the dry patches in my combo skin or look too grey/pale - even the ones with yellow undertones like Bobbi Brown. The only one I've found that works is the Garnier one - but the SPF in this isn't great.

All the foundations I've tried end up looking patchy and accentuating the pores on my nose.

Perricone's No Foundation, Foundation melts into my skin, doesn't highlight dry spots, moisturizes where I need it, leaves my skin looking glowy and fresh, and has SPF. HG material in my book.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No