November 28, 2014 | 1851 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - foundation in fairly light

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by pliegl

I've used this for several years now - it lasts FOREVER, works with my oily skin well, and works in a variety of ways. If you have slight skin discoloration you can use a smaller brush and cover it a little heavier and then go over it with the main face brush...you can put some in the inside corner of your eye to help lighten...sometimes I even put it under my eyes. It's even coverage is great...

I just purchased a new packaged one, so I am looking to see how it works. The biggest problem with the packaging in the past is that if it turns over or you travel with it, TONS of powder comes out and makes it difficult to apply in small amounts (which is all you need). The new packaging is said to help with this..will report back!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

It is okay. But it makes my face look really shiny after a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

the color matched me perfectly, this felt great on ( I HATE foundation in general), but it didnt seem to last the entire day, even with the primer and mineral veil. something in this or the primer caused me to break out horrendously on my nose and cheeks... i stopped wearing it after a few weeks because my skin was startning to get dry from the winter and even with moisturizing this looked cakey on me. i MIGHT try the matte version in the summer only because it did not feel gross on my skin. best mineral foundation i have tried though so far..drugstore versions are nothing compared to this. i do wish they had this pressed so i didnt have to always do my makeup at home. i am always in a rush in the AM and i dont have a lot of counter space :( it did cover my acne scars pretty well, but it also accentuated my fine lines, and i felt like it sometimes looked fake on me with the warmth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by megelizabethmax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Over the past year I have been using mostly Bare Minerals foundation in Fairly light and have tried other foundations as well. But nothing covers my acne scars and hides my discoloration quite as well. I use Smashbox photo finish primer underneath and the combination is perfect for me. Every other foundation I used throughout the year caused breakouts within a couple days and I RARELY get a blemish when I'm using this. I don't need to use much either and one container lasts at least 3 months. I've tried the matte version too, but only liked it during the summer months. It stays all day and makes my skin look flawless. Fairly light is also the ONLY foundation I've found that matches my fair skin PERFECTLY. (In the matte version, however I am a fair...tends to be a bit more "yellow") Liquid foundations just look awful on me so I am so glad I have found this. HG status for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Prznbreeze

I've used many different types of foundation and nothing looks as good on my skin as Bare Minerals foundation. It looks very natural on the skin and the shade matches my skin color perfectly. I recently tested the Jane Iredale mineral foundations (because thre were brochures about the makeup in my dermatologists office), however it didn't sit on the skin as naturally as Bare Minerals and the price is about $42 for a foundation, when Bare Minerals is only $25. The foundation lasts me a few months as well. I don't think I'll ever try any other foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by olivehuile

I really like this product and have been using it for 2 years now. I started using mineralmakeup to avoid my pores getting clogged, and my skin is so much nicer now. The coverage is good, but not as good as other liquid foundations I have used in the past. So sometimes I use a liquid foundation for special occasions. But I love the fact that it feels light on my skin and never cause me to break out.

I use a small brush to cover blemishes and dark circles under my eyes as well and that works fine. I am going to continue using this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation in light along with the primer. The coverage was ok and the finish was alright at first.

However, after about 30 min. my nose was extremely shiny. Also, my skin just kept on getting more and more itchy. It felt like things were brushing up/crawling on my face....unpleasant to say the least.

I would suggest you try this product out before you by it because some people (such as myself) have an allergic reaction to the bismuth oxychloride.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by JM234

I have this foundation in both Fairly Light and Light. Currently I'm using Light. I bought as part of a starter kit TSV from QVC and it came with the flawless face brush - I wasn't a fan. I couldn't get the coverage right - it wouldn't cover my ruddy cheeks, but clumped on my nose.

So I bought a second kit from QVC (no, I don't know why either - I'm a marketer's dream my boyf tells me). This kit came with the Handy Buki kit - OMG. It was a revelation - the coverage on the brush is medium to full (the bristles being more tightly packed).

The foundation goes on like a dream - I'm using the same primer and I'm not exfoliating any more than I would have been previously. I love it - my skin looks beautiful (if I do say so myself - lol) and I have had loads of compliments about my 'perfect' skin tone. Of course, the truth is that it is anything but perfect - however the BE gives the most natural finish, with no flaws, good coverage (with my new brush) and no redness.

Also when I get off the Tube I feel really hot and like I have a lot of shine - yet when I check myself in the ladies, nada - perfect finish still.

I am fully a BE convert - and will be spreading the word! One word though - on the BE presentations on QVC they always say 'less is more'. That's true to a certain extent - and maybe it's because I do like FULL coverage - but I do find I load my brush 3 - 4 times per application. Still, if it gives the finish I want who cares?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by BasiaMik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'd give this 4 1/2 lippies, almost 5. I've had this makeup for a few months now and I keep using it, a definite plus! It lasts and lasts. The packaging sucks but I use so little it's not too bad to handle. What I like about this mineral makeup is how it blends so easily into my skin color. I'm Eastern European, with some slight acne and a little redness. Even my dark circles go away beautifully with this foundation. I use only a little daily (if I need it) and it stays on all day. I probably won't use it up for another couple of months. The only con is that it takes a while to apply, and it takes a while to *learn* how to use it. It's very easy to overdo. I've seen plenty of women with caked on Bare Escentuals, haha. Like wallpaper caked on! Also, it's hard to avoid using a setting powder right after, especially if you have an oily T-zone. I wouldn't recommend the "mineral veil," I'd go for a regular drugstore powder since it does the same thing. So where this may not be a miracle product, it definitely does not provoke acne, it's better than liquid foundation, and lasts a very long time. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by MissMishka21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a starter packet originally, and it came with Fairly Light, Light, Warmth, eyeshadows and brushes. I used up all my Fairly Light AND all my eyeshadows last winter.

I tried using the Light as my foundation since it came with the packet but it was too dark for me in the winter. I wanted to try something different so I picked up Tru Blend, Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturizer and Revlon Colorstay. None of these were really working for me, and I was about to go out and pick up something else when I decided to give my Light a shot. I'm so happy I did! Revlon Colorstay was breaking me out really badly, but this powder foundation never has. For now, Light will be good for summer but as soon as fall rolls around I'm picking up some Fairly Light because a) the color matches my skintone perfectly b) covers my acne scars c) covers any acne I have and d) doesn't break me out and e) I have dry skin and this doesn't cake or look powdery at all!

I will, however, say that this isn't my HG foundation because it doesn't make me look as flawless as I would like, but I'm really quite fond of it and think it's great for everyday use. Basically, it doesn't make me look flawless, but it does give me a natural finish that I like. Even though I'm a makeup junkie I don't always want to look like I have loads of makeup on. So I think this is good to have as an option for those chill low key days when you want to look nice but not all dolled up. Like Anna Paquin as Sookie Stackhouse on True Blood. I don't know if anyone here follows the show, but I've often noticed that Anna doesn't have a flawless look on the show.

I'm giving it 4 lippies because I'm not so crazy about the packaging. I always have to clean up my desk after applying it. I know they say to poke little holes instead of peeling the covering off but even when I do this I still get powder everywhere.