September 19, 2014 | 1832 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by cellocontour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am Asian, shade NC20 or 25-ish, and I have this in Nude. I love this foundation because it is the yellowest high-quality drugstore foundation I can find. Coverage is medium-heavy. Oil control is average on my oily skin since I still need to blot every 4 hours. It looks cakey in the summer though, so for now I am switching over to BB creams until the weather cools down. The glass bottle looks nice, but you waste product when you're near the end and can't get the last of it out. Already on my second bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by julieejuicee

I love this foundation! I got it in the shade almond. I'm Asian and on the medium-dark side. The foundation is a tad light for my skin tone, but it blends so well it's not really noticeable. It has nice yellow undertones. It has such a nice finish! It's satin like and just looks so natural on my skin. I have combo skin, although lately my t-zone hasn't been as oily as usual. I use a mattifying gel underneath my foundation, and I find that I don't even have to use powder on top and I loveee how it looks without any powder. It gives me a nice glow. I only need one pump for my entire face, so I could see it lasting a long time for me. The coverage is medium I would say...I don't use concealer with this just because I like the way it looks on it's own. I like this foundation a lot more than any others i've tried recently!

EDIT: I've been using this for awhile and it still hasn't broken me out. But since it's summer, I have to mix the shades walnut and almond together to get my tan shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Sasy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For years I used Revlon Colorstay and loved it. I get somewhat bored from time to time and feel the need to switch it up. I bought some of the E.L.F. flawless finish foundation. Surprisingly I liked it. Always on the search for something better I came across the reviews for this foundation. Despite some of the negative reviews overall it seems to be a hit so I bought a bottle. I can not believe how much this foundation is perfect. Yes, as a lot of people have said - it has a yellow undertone. I have never used anything with a yellow undertone and as it turns out this is just what I needed. One pump is all I need. I apply it over a primer and sometimes I mix a lavendar shimmer with it. I use the E.L.F. high definition powder with a bare escentuals glow mixed in and it's perfection. Smooth, flawless finish with enough coverage to hide my not so perfect skin but not so much it looks like a thick mask. The nude color is an exact match to my NC 15 skin that has a little color to it since it is summer. I will buy this again. I gave it 4's because nothing ever deserves a 5 in my eyes because there is always room for improvement. Give this a whirl, if you don't like it you can always swap it or return it. You'll never know until you try. :) I'm certainly glad I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was very disappointed with this foundation. I loved the shade "nude" on me (very yellow-based). The packaging is really lovely. I also loved the way it applied and looked at first, but unfortunately it just did not last like that. After 2-3 hours it was breaking up around my nose and mouth and just not looking good. I thought I had found my perfect foundation! Oh well, the search continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mml09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi makeupalley this is my first review. I am an nc25 all year round, unless ofcorse if i get some sun i can probably get to nc30. I have a light-medium complexion with very strong yellow undertones and i found that this foundation in Nude was a very close match for my nc25 skintone it has the perfect yellow undertones for my skin. I have been through so many drugstore foundations and ALL of them have been PINK! i have never tried any department store foundations yet but i am thinking about trying clinique because this foundation by boots lifting and firming is just okay in my opinion. Im young 20 years old i dont have wrinkles lol but I do have dry skin so i figured this lifting and firming foundation would be more moisturizing and it is but i dont know why this foundation makes dry patches more noticable but without this foundation on my face i have NO dry patches. Weird. Maybe i just havent found the perfect moisturizer to apply on my face before i apply this foundation. If anyone knows of any face moisturizer that is great for dry patches please share with me. I also apply this foundation with my clean hands because i felt that with a damp sponge the finish was powdery and i also used the e.l.f. powder brush but the finish was also powdery and i dont like using foundation brushes. So for me the best way was with my hands and i get a natural finish. This is why i think this foundation is just okay. I am going to continue using this foundation for now. My face is clear almost always, this foundation gives light to medium coverage. This foundation has no scent to it, ive been using it for about three weeks maybe 3x's a week and my face has had no breakouts. I dont really wear makeup often just when im going out to dinner, or when i have some redness and when i wear it its only on my face for about 6hours tops. I felt it looks the exact same throughout the whole day from when i first apply it. The only thing about this foundation that i love is that its the only foundation i have been able to find at a drugstore (Target) with yellow tones in it. The foundation is not bad, so i would try it if you have yellow undertones. Everyones skin is different. If anyone has this problem with dry patches and have founda a solution that helps TELL ME. Thanks<3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This foundation wears pretty well, feels much more expensive than it is. It is medium coverage and can be built up. I have combo skin and find that when my skin is on the dry side, it clings a little but its not too bad. If you have normal/oily skin this would probably wear beautifully on you. It doesn't feel too heavy but it did break me out so I had to stop using it. I was using shade Nude for my NC25 skin, which was one shade two light but I like to contour a lot so it evened it out overall and matches.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a decent foundation but nothing special. Its not very heavy coverage (light-medium) which is what I was looking for! I also cant wear it because the lightest shade is still too dark for me (im nc5-nc15) : ( Oh well! The hunt continues......

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by DaniBuzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have eczema and for the past month I have had the worst break out on my face... ever. I was constantly peeling and looking red... so red, that my NC45 Mac Studio Fix which is extremely yellow wasn't hiding my imperfections.
    After seeing this foundation on ebay for a under £4 (yes, including postage) i thought I'd give it a try. I was torn between the Boots No.7 Stay Perfect and this but due to having dry skin I chose this... and I have never looked back.....

So because I was buying onlne, I didn't know what colour would suit me. I am a weird colour being half Filippino and half Ghanaian so I'm on the lighter side of dark. I went to my local Boots only to find that they only went up to shade 35 Almond which was too light. Finding one review online, an NC44 girl chose shade 45 Walnut so i went for it.

Comparing this to my NC45 they are very alike except this is LESS yellow which is fine as sometimes I looked very orange while wearing it. This foundation has a runnier consistency so I see how people from NC42 to NC45 can use it as its less thick and will show more skin.
    Using this covered up the weird discolouration from my eczema, the reddish tones from rashes and they grey dullness from around my eyes. I did add some concealer but I always do, as I always look tired without it. The colour match for me is very good, in any light my skin looks lke skin, just better and without an odd cast of orange or looking like a mask. Due to this foundation being thinner it means you have to apply a whole lot before it looks cakey. It does come with a pump and 1 pump is usually enough, 1.5 if your going out and want more coverage.

The finish on this is a DREAM for my skin. Not once did my skin feel dry or tight, only supple and satin smooth - velvety almost. This is the HG foundation for winter in terms of skin dryness, I do not have to worry. Hasn't given me any spot or worse rashes so is great for sensitive skin.
    For some reason (maybe due to eczema) my face is sightly lighter than my neck so I also bought this in shade 50 Truffle (comparable to an NW45) and mix in a tiny amount to try and balance out myy colours and it works great.

I suggest everyone at least TRY out this foundation, go to a Boots (a larger one to see the full range of shades) and buy online just to try it out, that way if you hate it, you wouldn't have wasted £15.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Vanilla. This isn't that great for dry skin. Probably best for oily skin. Its finish on me is the same as L'Oreal True Match in W3, which I found as blendable, long-wearing, good color match but it makes my tiny bumps and dry bits more pronounced. Semi-matte finish I think. I have used this over different silicone based primers, some different moisturizers, applied with different brushes and my hands and I'm not wowed by any result. I don't know, I was hoping for a lot based on reviews but my Revlon Colorstay, Neutrogena HealthySkin, Covergirl Natureluxe, and Wet N Wild Tinted Moisturizer look so much more flawless than Boots Lifting and Firming. WIth those it doesn't even look like I'm wearing foundation but with Boots it looks like I've caked a bunch on even if I haven't. I do however really love the pump. I wish all foundations had a clear pump bottle but sadly a lot don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by shortyy

I have been using this product for a week now, and I absolutely adore it. I am shade 45 (walnut); for reference, I am NC42 in Mac, yellow undertones, combination oily and visible acne scars on my cheeks. I don't have perfect skin by any means but I also don't want to cake on foundation. This product gives amazing buildable coverage. I can go into many different lighting and my face remains constant. When fellow male friends comment on how my skin "radiates" (yes, that was his terminology), I would take that as a good sign. I would highly recommend this foundation to everyone!