April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Dermawand

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by keitgra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had read the glory of the dermawand equipment, and I bought one in May 2012. I could use it only for 3 months and for some obvious reason it stopped working. The local dealers, when contacted, said they could not find out what the trouble is and hence will replace it.
So I have lost faith in the durability of this equipment now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by msimplicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom was the one who discovered and bought this beauty product more than 5 years ago. I'm actually a little taken back from the amount of low ratings. When I first used this, it was for my pimples. I wanted to tame them at their first stages before things get worst where the pore enlarges. It worked really well. I remember my first impression is being afraid to use it. It was foreign to me and I didn't know what kinds of side effect there were. But honestly, there isn't. Also, I remember and I still do hate that iron smell (due to the blood being surface to the skin) while using it. It sends mini electric waves through your skin to stimulate/increases blood circulation. Hence why they claim it oxygenates your skin - blood carries that oxygen to your skin's surface. As a beginner, you're suppose to start using the Dermawand at a low setting and gradually increase it until your skin is at a higher setting. During the use of Dermawand, I use my own serums / face masks / moisturizers. The Dermawand makes the absorption of skincare products better, easier and faster.

I think the price of a Dermawand is decent. I mean my Clarisonic Classic costs more than this.

Packaging wise, my mom broke the 1st Dermawand we had because the tip of it is made of glass. She dropped it and it didn't work so we bought another one. I guess I wish the glass was/is more durable.

Is it effective? Yes. Obviously results take longer to see compared to getting a procedure done by a cosmetics doctor. And if you don't regularly take good care of your skin, but expect a beauty instrument to miraculously fix everything for you, that just won't work.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by terterbear

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Do not trust this company. they charged my credit card. I returned the product. They then turned me over to a collection agency for non-payment. I called the company and asked what my balance was and they said zero. They did not rectify the problem. They were rude and condescending. I am going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Beware!!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by kittyville

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the product and got used to the shocking it does like one of those shocking lighter gag gifts. I never saw any results of younger looking skin but i developed a bad rash all over my face that I can't get rid of I have now quit using the product and I still can't get rid of the bumps on my face from it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by shashivadanareddy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought mine yesterday after reading the reviews in makeupalley. I loved the results even on day one. I have great skin anyway. Even at my age of 38 I look 28. Except that I had a little problem with dark circles under my eyes. This wand seems to be working fantastically and has reduced my dark circles by about 20%. But it is still too early to tell.
I should wait and watch how it goes from here.

Now it is around a month since I have had the DW and i feel except for the first few days, it does not deliver results on a long term...not much difference now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Kikuchijones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had my original Dermawand about 10 years and when the new one was on ShopNBC earlier this month (May 2011) I decided to purchase it. The new version is hot pink so it's very girly.

This little gadget really does help increase circulation, which in turn nourishes the skin cells and muscles for firmer skin with healthy color and tone. Like anything, success relies on consistent practice so I do my best to use it every morning and night for 3-5 minutes....if I miss a morning, I do a little longer session in the evening.

Below are the benefits of the newest model.

BENEFITS:

•DermaWand RHF (Radio High Frequency) works by stimulating and messaging the skin as well as producing enriched oxygen for better tone and texture and to help smooth, lift and refresh your skin in the comfort of your own home.
•For use on the face to help in the reduction of the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
•This machine is new and improved. DermaWand RHF now features a professional strength with 168,000 cycles per second, more powerful than previous versions.
•Radio High Frequency skincare is an emerging trend in the beauty industry.
•Non-invasive - no medial risk associated with surgery and no painful recovery time.
•Equipped with a power cord so there's no need to replace batteries.
•Very portable so you can take it with you everywhere.
•Includes an instructional DVD and easy to read full color instructions to help you use the product.
•One year limited vendor warranty.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Sally254

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had a DermaWand for 5 years, I truly see the difference!
I find the more I use it the better I look, Its much like exercising the face!
Try it on a pimple too & see what happens

Thanks Sally 254

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Shirinie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought mine about 12 years ago in Canada. This was back when they were advertising it as a great treatment for acne and wrinkles. I have always suffered from acne and this has been a god send for me. I use it on pimples and it always shrinks them and clears them up much faster than anything I have ever tried, and I have tried everything. I can't say that it works on wrinkles etc. I don't use it on a daily basis all over the face. But, I KNOW it does clear the skin. That's how they should advertise this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by toconnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Man, when it comes to these type of miracle devices… thank goodness it's a lot easier to find out the science behind these things than it used to be. I bought mine about 8 years ago, convinced by the excitement and reviews. Turns out, this device has actually been around whole lot longer than that, and hasn't even changed or improved much to this day. Researching its features now, I'm relieved that I didn’t use mine for very long.

What effect does ozone have on the skin, and is it good? As other reviewers have mentioned, it’s actually pretty bad, and destructive to living tissue. No need to take anyone’s word, though. Please just look it up. Ozone air cleaners have also been loudly pulled off the market (RIP sharper image ionic breeze) in the last decade for the same reason.

Does patiently massaging a treatment into the skin, methodically every night, work? hell yes, it does. Lots of evidence to support that, too. You don’t need a special wand to do that, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by CatharineA

It's okay. It does get rid of small lines, but if you use it too much, it can make your pores larger
I wouldnt suggest too much use of this on the face..but its great for the hands and feet

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No