Dermawand

3.6

on 1/7/2013 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got Derma wand for Christmas and I used it three times now. The last time I used it was on Christmas Eve, I was too busy to use it again after that. On New Years Eve I came down with Shingles! On my face! The stinging pain from the Shingles feels a lot like the shocking feeling from the Derma wand. I can't help but worry that I brought on the Shingles by using this thing. I am not done with my 30 day warranty but reading about shingles, you can have lasting stinging sensations for about 3 months after having shingles. I don't think I want to keep this product, I'm a bit freaked out by it now. If anyone else has had this kind of reaction, please don't be shy and let us all know.

on 12/16/2012 9:50:00 AM

First a little bit about myself...I am just turning 52 this year, and have very fair, somewhat sun-damaged skin. I am prone to crows feet and have nasal labial folds forming...a few laugh lines...and probably, my skin is somewhat worse looking for it's age than my friends' skin - though I don't use Botox or fillers and I'm pretty sure nearly all of my girlfriends do. Anyway, I have used this product for 60 days. I use it morning and night, after washing my face and using Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester and DMAE cream. Have I noticed a reduction in wrinkles? No, not really. HOWEVER, I do like the fact that using this morning and night forces me to massage my face and make sure the cream gets nicely rubbed in. I also have found that my skin is very even - no acne whatsoever (not that I get much more than the occasional pimple) and it really takes care of those! Blackheads gone! My complexion does look fabulous. I also know that I tend to wear my stress in my forehead, and this product really does smooth that out! I noticed after a few weeks of using it that it was hard to even frown! I think it just relaxes my face and it's calming my frown muscles...I do like that about it. I use it every morning and night for about 5 min. on the highest setting - and it doesn't hurt at all. I use it on my lips (right on them - tingles but not in a bad way), face, neck and tops of hand. Even if it doesn't erase all the damage of time, it does invigorate my face and my complexion looks bright and healthy. If you find that your facial skin has lost some of it's youthful glow, and you want to make sure you are providing daily massage (which can't hurt) and a way to encourage your moisturizer to get down into your skin, then I do recommend this product. I bought mine directly, and they even let me have an extra 30 days (2 months) of free trial - all I had to do was ask. They do stand behind the product - even though I don't think the products in the skin care line are of any value. I mean, where else can you try out a product for 2 months for free? It's a great facial massage tool, and will make you feel youthful just because it wakes up your facial skin! Also, if it can help my neck out at all, then I'm willing to commit! It works great with the aforementioned Reviva Labs cream (also not expensive) because that is supposed to help with tone and lifting too! Good luck with this...for me, I'm keeping it because it does no harm and I like the way it wakes up my face, adds a glow and my skin quite honestly is nicer overall than when I started using it - no less wrinkles, but certainly no additional ones, and since my skin is looking so nice, who cares about a few signs of age... I say yes.

on 11/14/2012 11:57:00 AM

I purchased this product about 2-3 months ago and I am still unsure. I do not use it on a real regular basis. The first 2 weeks I used it once a day mostly. 3 or 4 days I did use it twice a day though. I had wrinkles between my brows and those parenthesis wrinkles beside my mouth.
The wrinkles between brows are almost gone. The wrinkles by my mouth are getting better and I had wrinkles around my lips that are almost gone too. But I seem to notice my skin in my cheek area seems to have a couple of little areas like fat pockets.
I'm wondering if derma wand helps produce more collagen and if so can it produce uneven skin either by uneven use of wand or I'm just seeing new aging issues.
I'll keep trying to research this for some kind of answers. Any help would be appreciated!

on 9/14/2012 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wish I had done more research before ordering this product. I ordered it over 2 weeks ago and it finally arrived yesterday. I figured they give you 30 days to try it and don't charge your credit card until then so you can return it if you like. WE SHALL SEE! I tried it this morning and was completely unimpressed. I know they say it may take weeks to see results but I already think it is a load of crap and certainly not worth the price. It is a ploy to get you to order more of their lotions that, let's face it, if you are just applying lotions as they instruct faithfully every day and night, you will get results. This regimen has more to do with washing and moisturizing than anything this device is doing. The booklet and DVD (which is some lame format that can't be read by lots of computers and very poor quality!) actually give contradictory information and directions! The infomercial said you could use this all over, even on legs and hands but no mention of that in any of the literature that came with it. The first page of the pamphlet says "The glass bulb is not covered by the DermaWand product warranty. ...To repair a broken bulb, return unit in original packaging to the address below with a payment by check or money order for $25.00 US to cover shipping and repairs." I want to know how long a bulb will last! Can I expect to be returning this thing at $25 a pop once a year or more? Already the $$$ is adding up in my head. The kit was supposed to come with the Derma Vital Pre-Face, Hydra Infusion, Hydra Support Moisturizer and Skin Mist ($120 value my TUCKUS!). Mine came with the first two and Eye Recovery (instead of Hydra Support moisturizer) and no mist. (Big deal - the mist is just purefied water as I understand it!) The pre-face gel is absorbed so fast you have to reapply over and over before even completing one treatment! I live in a tropical environment (Houston, TX) and do NOT have dry skin! Can't imagine how fast this stuff disappears on someone with dry skin. The Hydra Infusion is so think you can barely spread it around. No wonder you need to follow up with a spritz of water! As to their marketing, shame on me, I fell for it! After getting my hands on this kit I am convinced that #1 the women in the infomercial are naturally beautiful and have great skin and makeup, #2 are probably very young looking for their age anyway OR lied about their age so we'd be fooled, #3 have the ability to cock one eyebrow to give the appearance of it being "lifted" by the device in front of our very eyes. I am about to see what it takes to get an RO number and pack this think back up. Even if it worked as they say it will after daily used for weeks, it takes much more that a couple of minutes and I am not likely to keep up with it. This just looks like one money pit after the other and their constant hounding to get you to commit to a club to keep giving them money for sub-par products. The website asked at least 3 times if I wanted to add a subscription to other items before I could complete my order...should have known then this was a scam! Wish me luck - I am off to see how to return this and not have my card charged!

on 8/23/2012 1:07:00 PM

I had read the glory of the dermawand equipment, and I bought one in May 2012. I could use it only for 3 months and for some obvious reason it stopped working. The local dealers, when contacted, said they could not find out what the trouble is and hence will replace it.
So I have lost faith in the durability of this equipment now.

on 5/5/2012 4:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My mom was the one who discovered and bought this beauty product more than 5 years ago. I'm actually a little taken back from the amount of low ratings. When I first used this, it was for my pimples. I wanted to tame them at their first stages before things get worst where the pore enlarges. It worked really well. I remember my first impression is being afraid to use it. It was foreign to me and I didn't know what kinds of side effect there were. But honestly, there isn't. Also, I remember and I still do hate that iron smell (due to the blood being surface to the skin) while using it. It sends mini electric waves through your skin to stimulate/increases blood circulation. Hence why they claim it oxygenates your skin - blood carries that oxygen to your skin's surface. As a beginner, you're suppose to start using the Dermawand at a low setting and gradually increase it until your skin is at a higher setting. During the use of Dermawand, I use my own serums / face masks / moisturizers. The Dermawand makes the absorption of skincare products better, easier and faster.

I think the price of a Dermawand is decent. I mean my Clarisonic Classic costs more than this.

Packaging wise, my mom broke the 1st Dermawand we had because the tip of it is made of glass. She dropped it and it didn't work so we bought another one. I guess I wish the glass was/is more durable.

Is it effective? Yes. Obviously results take longer to see compared to getting a procedure done by a cosmetics doctor. And if you don't regularly take good care of your skin, but expect a beauty instrument to miraculously fix everything for you, that just won't work.

on 4/23/2012 11:17:00 PM

Do not trust this company. they charged my credit card. I returned the product. They then turned me over to a collection agency for non-payment. I called the company and asked what my balance was and they said zero. They did not rectify the problem. They were rude and condescending. I am going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Beware!!!

on 4/18/2012 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the product and got used to the shocking it does like one of those shocking lighter gag gifts. I never saw any results of younger looking skin but i developed a bad rash all over my face that I can't get rid of I have now quit using the product and I still can't get rid of the bumps on my face from it.

I bought mine yesterday after reading the reviews in makeupalley. I loved the results even on day one. I have great skin anyway. Even at my age of 38 I look 28. Except that I had a little problem with dark circles under my eyes. This wand seems to be working fantastically and has reduced my dark circles by about 20%. But it is still too early to tell.
I should wait and watch how it goes from here.

Now it is around a month since I have had the DW and i feel except for the first few days, it does not deliver results on a long term...not much difference now.

on 5/24/2011 6:55:00 PM

I've had my original Dermawand about 10 years and when the new one was on ShopNBC earlier this month (May 2011) I decided to purchase it. The new version is hot pink so it's very girly.

This little gadget really does help increase circulation, which in turn nourishes the skin cells and muscles for firmer skin with healthy color and tone. Like anything, success relies on consistent practice so I do my best to use it every morning and night for 3-5 minutes....if I miss a morning, I do a little longer session in the evening.

Below are the benefits of the newest model.

BENEFITS:

•DermaWand RHF (Radio High Frequency) works by stimulating and messaging the skin as well as producing enriched oxygen for better tone and texture and to help smooth, lift and refresh your skin in the comfort of your own home.
•For use on the face to help in the reduction of the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
•This machine is new and improved. DermaWand RHF now features a professional strength with 168,000 cycles per second, more powerful than previous versions.
•Radio High Frequency skincare is an emerging trend in the beauty industry.
•Non-invasive - no medial risk associated with surgery and no painful recovery time.
•Equipped with a power cord so there's no need to replace batteries.
•Very portable so you can take it with you everywhere.
•Includes an instructional DVD and easy to read full color instructions to help you use the product.
•One year limited vendor warranty.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools