Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder SPF 16 - Translucent

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 6.0% (AVE.), ZINC OXIDE 4.2%. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: MICA, SQUALANE, SILICA, BORON NITRIDE, LAUROYL LYSINE, KAOLIN, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, ULTRAMARINES

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Translucent, the lightest shade they had at Target, as I'm very pale. I wanted a powder to set my makeup but give some coverage as well. And let me tell you, this powder did exactly that and more.
It kept my makeup in place for hours, giving plenty of coverage so I didn't have to spot conceal after foundation. But what really impressed me was how smooth it looked on; not powdery or cakey, just very nice and smooth.
So why didn't I give it a 5, bump it to HG status and sing it's praises? Well, whislt waiting in the hallyways during a competition at school, my friend remarked that my face looked orange. I looked in the mirror, and Snooki stared back. Yikes! I looked at the brush I used to apply the powder when I got home, it too had gone orange. So I washed it clean, then swirled it into the powder, and sure enough, orange it turned. What a shame, I really liked this powder. Can't blame it entitrely on the brand, as almost everything oxidizes on my pale combination skin. Still, I would advise pale girls to look elsewhere. Those with tanner complexions could maybe get away with this product.

on 1/30/2013 10:11:00 PM

this is my fav of all favs, i just LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!:) been using for over 5 years now. best powder you could ever buy, great for sensitve/break out prone skin. covers everthing, dewy, airbrushed perfection what more can i say A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

on 7/31/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this powder. My first gripe is that this powder is an extremely soft consistency. No matter how lightly I press my brush into it, the powder just lifts out of the pan and goes everywhere. No matter how soft or loosely packed or fluffy the brush I am using is, it's very hard for this ultra soft powder to not just fly away out of the pan for me once my brush touches it. Because it comes off so easily due to its softness, it's really difficult to not pick up too much product on a brush or powder puff. I have very oily skin and I tend to use a puff to powder my foundation and I have to be so careful with this to not go overboard and create an overly matte, dead, powdery looking face. Because I'm so oily, it isn't as big of a deal if it becomes too powdery because in the course of 30 mins, it will calm down.

The soft texture aside, the color for me is a bit too pale for anything except the winter and maybe spring. This powder provides great coverage and is by no means "translucent." It has some serious coverage, especially if packed onto the face with a powder puff (which, despite its heaviness, I can do). I have used this alone as a powder foundation and have found it provides one of the best coverages of any powder I own so if you need the coverage from it, go for this definitely! You don't be disappointed.

Once you wear down the top layer of it that appears like a spackle of two different colors, the shades are less spackled and look more like a mosaic with predominantly the darker shade so that is something to keep in mind. The lighter bits in the powder I can actually use as a brow bone highlight no problem because it is so extremely light (I'd say I'm an NC20).

Really if you don't mind the powder's softness, its pale color (at least the translucent one I believe is the really pale one), and need its great coverage, this is definitely for you! I think it comes in two colors and unless you are extremely pale (NC/NW 15), I'd say skip the translucent unless you plan to use it very sparingly. I can make it work for me but it is too light for summer. It can look cakey because of its softness which is another down side but on oily skin, that tends to go away after about 30 mins to an hour. I am not certain if I will repurchase this--I think I prefer the Rimmel Stay Matte powder over this simply because its packaging is less obnoxious and it's not as soft of a powder so it doesn't fly everywhere while still providing coverage and it comes in more shades to choose from.

These are my two cents! Hope it helped someone out. It's a good quality product but it's definitely not as easy to just slap on for me as Rimmel Stay Matte.

on 7/6/2012 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a HG product for me.

I use this to "set" my foundation and I use it without foundation sometimes, just to even out my face. Doesn't break me out or bother me, and because it seems to just set right in to my skin, it doesn't look like powder at all. Even, dewy, airbrushed perfection. What's really interesting to me is that the more I blend, the better this powder looks - it's very finely milled and doesn't sit on top of your face like so many do.

I do think the fact that I use this with Lancome Teint Miracle has something to do with it - it truly does look like my skin, only better.

The only tiny gripe I have regarding this powder is that if I drop it, it is a such a mess and a waste. I also this PF's brushes are total crap, wish they would stop putting them in there -

on 5/3/2012 1:36:00 PM

I use this everyday over foundation because it evens my skin so wonderfully and gets rid of shine. Good to use throughout the day. I apply it with a different brush because the one they give is too small and kind of pokes your face. The packaging is okay but I wish the mirror was on the top lid so I didn't have to mess about with keeping the powder from spilling out every time I need the mirror. NONETHELESS- this is the greatest powder. Definitely recommend. And it's cool that it's made from minerals and talc-free.

on 12/19/2011 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I saw Jen at frmheadtotoe (my favorite makeup guru) talk about this product in a very positive way and I had to try it. I LOVE it. It is very soft so be careful when rubbing your face brush around in it but it keeps my makeup on sooo well all day and really finishes my face with a nice glow and softness. Definitely a keeper

on 11/9/2011 11:27:00 PM

I have been using this powder forever but only because you get a lot of product for a fair price. Its a very silky mineral powder and easy to apply. I just hate the packaging because its very bulky and the clear lid always gets scratched up really bad and it becomes cloudy looking which I hate. I use translucent because Im very pale (nc5-nc15) although it still has light coverage. I also would prefer it if they could make better skin tones for these powders (and everything else pretty much) I find that physicians formula tends to run way too dark and orange colored. This powder does fine though.

on 8/28/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I hate this product. It makes my sensitive skin break out and it doesn't last very long, plus you need to apply a LOT to see any results. Cough up the money for Bare Escentuals instead.

on 4/13/2011 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was once a BE fan but went through the stuff quickly so looked for a ds alternative. I used this as a foundation, buffed into skin like mineral makeup foundation. It gave me decent coverage and all was well but my dry skin didn't love it. Something around the same time made me break out horribly, dry scaly patches, though I don't think it was this, it only highlighted that. This is probably fine just as a powder, but if you have only some redness to cover its pigmented enough provided your skin isnt too dry like mine.

on 4/13/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this for years as my only fondation. I can wear any cream or lotion under it and it still lookes good. My skin is oil and with in a hour the powder has turned in to a nice looking makeup. The covereg is light thats it's only drawbake.