Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleanser

3.0

Water (Aqua), PEG–7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Cocoate, Gluconolactone, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Skeletonema Costatum Extract, Acetyl Citrull Amino Arginine, Silanetriol Trehalose Ether, Arginine PCA, Plankton Extract, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Soluble Collagen, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide

on 9/17/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had read in so many places that this cleanser was awful that I was about ready to throw it away. I have been using my Clarisonic Mia for a few months with Burt's Bees cleanser and/or Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo, both worked well. I was going on a trip and couldn't find my tiny travel bottle of baby shampoo, so I grabbed the 1 oz sample that came with my brush expecting to break out and have a rash. To my surprise my skin was incredibly silky soft and the right amount of clean vs. moisturized. No very tight areas, no greasy areas. I have dry skin that is moderately sensitive and this is great. Outperforms my burt's bees one by a lot! If I break out it's probably going to be from touching my face so much since it's so incredibly soft, but so far I've experienced way fewer breakouts than normal.

Also this does smell bad. Kind of like a mildewed towel. However, it works so well that I don't care.

Update: I've been using this for two months now and the results are AMAZING. I have had little bumps on my forehead that won't clear up, ever. I started using a retinal cream and it helped a little, but it was always bumpy. However, since using this cleanser my forehead is completely smooth. It hasn't been bump-free since middle school, and now it is. This cleanser is HG for me. My skin is so smooth and soft, I cannot believe it. I know it's the cleanser's "fault" because nothing else in my routine has changed. Same brush, same moisturizers, same sunscreen, same foundation. I am so glad I tried it!

I'm wondering if part of the reason it has such horrible reviews is that people generally use it rig when they first start the brush? There is a purging period at the very beginning and it might seem like the cleanser's fault. If you are wanting to try this, wait until you've been using the brush for a few months to give it a fair chance.

on 8/18/2012 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This came free when I purchased the Clarisonic MIA, so I decided to try it as my morning cleanser. It smells weird / bad, and doesn't seem to do anything but leave a film of residue on your face. It doesn't emulsify at all, and leaves my skin feeling just about as dirty/oily as it did before cleansing with this. Glad I didn't waste my money on this.

on 8/5/2012 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily, acne-prone skin, but my skin is not sensitive. This is the first cleanser I have ever used that actually caused my skin to break out, and I mean really break out--serious, cystic acne. The acne started to clear up as soon as I stopped using the product. I also found the smell rather unpleasant--it has a chemical odor. I will never buy this again!

on 5/8/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a great product compared to what is currently out on the market now, (I'm in love with LUSH- it truly cured my adult acne, along with using my Mia) Trying it on and off now for a year its pretty "blah." Doesn't help exfoliate my skin at all even with using my Mia or give my skin a fresh and clean feel. Right now 'm using LUSH's Herbalism with my Mia which is awesome and LUSH's Fresh Farmacy which is another kick ass product. I think Clarisonic's Gentle Hydro Cleanser is to help the Mia glide gently over your skin- nothing more nothing less.

on 4/1/2012 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Despite that you get a ton of product and it has a lot of natural ingredients it just burns, itches and irritates my skin and does not feel good in combination with the clarisonic.

on 1/3/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

good stuff:

convenient, sanitary flip-top
quite a bit of product, which does go far on oily skin
bad stuff:

horrible, chemical smell

semen-like consistency (fine if you like the feel of Cetaphil)

overpriced

not as gentle as you would be led to believe (my skin's rarely sensitive, but this stuff was harsh and drying on my oily skin).
would not repurchase. continued >>

on 12/6/2011 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used the sample I received with my clarisonic brush, both the Refreshing Gel Cleanser and the Gentle Hydro Cleanser made me break out.

on 11/22/2011 4:50:00 PM

OUCH!!! My face is bright red, really hot and tingling from using this cleanser. I purchased the Clarisonic Mia recently which came with a small tube of this. I used this product with the Mia on the two occasions I've used it so far, and both times my skin came up red and hot (I tried it a second time to see if it would continue as my skin is randomly reactive at times). I tried the cleanser on it's own tonight to check whether it was actually the Clarisonic being too harsh on my skin, but no it's definitely this cleanser. Marketed for sensitive skin types, I am surprised by this reaction since it's meant to be developed by a doctor. I'd say be very careful and proceed with caution. If you have sensitive skin then avoid, despite the label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this stuff so much I'm considering buying it separately now that I'm running low. It came with my Clarisonic that I got for Christmas last year and I am almost running out. I actually don't use it with my Clarisonic at all; I use as a cream cleanser in the morning to get rid of the night guk that accumulates on my acne-prone, oily skin at night. It smells like cucumber - not cucumber perfume but actual cucumber (I'm not in love with the smell). Most cream cleansers seem to kind of move the oiliness around on my face and then is rinsed off. But something about the product gives it an astringent quality, almost. It makes me feel like it's really cutting *through* the oil and getting my face clean, more like a foaming cleanser than cream cleanser. And unlike other cream cleansers, this rinses off completely. It really works while being gentle!

on 8/3/2011 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleanser
My skin type is normal, if I don't take care of it can feel dry.
Truthfully I wasn't looking for a cleanser as I love my Image Ormedic cleanser, but this came with my Clarisonic Mia so I tried it out.
Here's my review:
Texture: Creamy and thin in consistency and runny, like thinned yogurt. White is color.
Finish/Performance: Does not foam up, nor does it promise too either. I do prefer a foaming cleanser. My skin did feel cleansed, but then again anything does using the Clarisonic!
Application: I rubbed on palms and over applied with fingers. Also used with Clarisonic Mia.
Packaging: A small plastic tube.
Odor: It does have a scent difficult to describe... egg whites? Milk? I know the scent but can't remember what it reminds me of. While the scent isn't offensive, it isn't one I enjoy smelling.
Cost: Middle to high end.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: FAIR.