July 24, 2014 | 2140 users online

Cleansers - Clarisonic - Gentle Hydro Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ginadestra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a great product compared to what is currently out on the market now, (I'm in love with LUSH- it truly cured my adult acne, along with using my Mia) Trying it on and off now for a year its pretty "blah." Doesn't help exfoliate my skin at all even with using my Mia or give my skin a fresh and clean feel. Right now 'm using LUSH's Herbalism with my Mia which is awesome and LUSH's Fresh Farmacy which is another kick ass product. I think Clarisonic's Gentle Hydro Cleanser is to help the Mia glide gently over your skin- nothing more nothing less.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Despite that you get a ton of product and it has a lot of natural ingredients it just burns, itches and irritates my skin and does not feel good in combination with the clarisonic.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

good stuff:

convenient, sanitary flip-top
quite a bit of product, which does go far on oily skin
bad stuff:

horrible, chemical smell

semen-like consistency (fine if you like the feel of Cetaphil)

overpriced

not as gentle as you would be led to believe (my skin's rarely sensitive, but this stuff was harsh and drying on my oily skin).
would not repurchase. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by turuleka

I used the sample I received with my clarisonic brush, both the Refreshing Gel Cleanser and the Gentle Hydro Cleanser made me break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by kimannj

OUCH!!! My face is bright red, really hot and tingling from using this cleanser. I purchased the Clarisonic Mia recently which came with a small tube of this. I used this product with the Mia on the two occasions I've used it so far, and both times my skin came up red and hot (I tried it a second time to see if it would continue as my skin is randomly reactive at times). I tried the cleanser on it's own tonight to check whether it was actually the Clarisonic being too harsh on my skin, but no it's definitely this cleanser. Marketed for sensitive skin types, I am surprised by this reaction since it's meant to be developed by a doctor. I'd say be very careful and proceed with caution. If you have sensitive skin then avoid, despite the label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I like this stuff so much I'm considering buying it separately now that I'm running low. It came with my Clarisonic that I got for Christmas last year and I am almost running out. I actually don't use it with my Clarisonic at all; I use as a cream cleanser in the morning to get rid of the night guk that accumulates on my acne-prone, oily skin at night. It smells like cucumber - not cucumber perfume but actual cucumber (I'm not in love with the smell). Most cream cleansers seem to kind of move the oiliness around on my face and then is rinsed off. But something about the product gives it an astringent quality, almost. It makes me feel like it's really cutting *through* the oil and getting my face clean, more like a foaming cleanser than cream cleanser. And unlike other cream cleansers, this rinses off completely. It really works while being gentle!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleanser
My skin type is normal, if I don't take care of it can feel dry.
Truthfully I wasn't looking for a cleanser as I love my Image Ormedic cleanser, but this came with my Clarisonic Mia so I tried it out.
Here's my review:
Texture: Creamy and thin in consistency and runny, like thinned yogurt. White is color.
Finish/Performance: Does not foam up, nor does it promise too either. I do prefer a foaming cleanser. My skin did feel cleansed, but then again anything does using the Clarisonic!
Application: I rubbed on palms and over applied with fingers. Also used with Clarisonic Mia.
Packaging: A small plastic tube.
Odor: It does have a scent difficult to describe... egg whites? Milk? I know the scent but can't remember what it reminds me of. While the scent isn't offensive, it isn't one I enjoy smelling.
Cost: Middle to high end.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: FAIR.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by nattomame

I used the trial cleanser with my Mia for about two weeks and I broke out. This is after I used the Mia for a month with my old cleanser, so I'm pretty sure it isn't just my skin purging. I went back to my old cleanser (Ceptaphil) and my skin stopped breaking out. I do have acne-prone skin though, but products rarely make me breakout.

I also didn't like the smell. It definitely has a old cucumber smell that while isn't overpowering, isn't very pleasant. Overall, not a great cleanser for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recieved both a full size and a travel size of this cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia (which I am totally in love with). I think this is a good cleanser. I like the fresh cucumber scent and I also like how gentle this cleanser is. At first I thought it was wierd that it did not foam up, even with the sonic action of the Clarisonic. I have used this for about 2 weeks and so far no outbreaks and my skin looks beautiful. I use 2 pea size amounts, one on my face and the other on the brush itself. I also noticed that this cleanser does not dry out my skin like the cleansers I have used in the past. I think the price is pretty reasonable also, so I will be repurchasing when I deplete this huge 6oz tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a tube of this free with my Clarisonic purchase. It cleans my face okay, sure. It's fairly drying on my combination skin and I dislike it for that reason. However the thing that I absolutely can't get past is the smell!
It smells like cucumbers and tea at first, which is pleasant enough. Except behind that scent, there is a scent that can only be described as akin to stomach bile. It's disgusting and I can't even breathe while I'm using it. I don't think I'll be able to use this anymore, so I'm tossing it. I wouldn't give this stuff away even, the recipient would think I hate them.