August 22, 2014 | 1106 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Black

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jamezbreh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Packaging: The MUFE Aqua Black comes in a small plastic container with a thin plastic lid beneath the screw top. It's small enough to travel with.

Pigmentation: The pigmentation of this product is absolutely brilliant. The pigmentation on this is way better than MAC Blacktrack Fluidline. It is an extremely dark black. It works as both a cream eyeshadow (which it was designed for) and an eyeliner. I'd recommend a brush for either use. I would recommend setting this if you use it as a cream eyeshadow. It should be noted that this product dries matte.

Longevity: As an eyeliner, this lasts on my waterline without smudging or transferring for about 8-10 hours, which is extremely impressive, considering I have watery eyes. As a cream eyeshadow, this product also has amazing longevity. It also lasts around 8-10 hours without any noticeable creasing. I wouldn't say that this product is crease-proof but it is incredibly crease resistant! The product moves only a little on me after this amount of time, especially in the outer corners of my waterline.

Price: I've been using this product for 4 years and I keep coming back to it. Sephora is the only place that sells it in the US (unless you're lucky enough to live next to a MUFE boutique). The retail price is $23, which isn't too bad. It lasts me around six months, without any drying out. Just make sure you don't toss that thin plastic piece that goes under the cover.

Overall: This is by far the best cream/gel eyeliner that I have ever used. I would recommend this to anyone that wants a quality eyeliner and doesn't mind using a brush.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by beautyarte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using a sephora basic liquid liner (nothing special in fact that one smudged almost instantly) I decided it was time to give creamliners another try. (I have used elf professional cream liners, not so great ) I was not disappointed at all with this product, although application is not the easiest because it takes some getting used to. This product is mostly for people that are used to using these cream liners or somewhat decent at creating lines on the top liner. If you use it on the waterline then it shouldn't be difficult. Here is a trick to this one do not use an angled brush for lining the top lid, you can use it to draw in the wing but the lining on the lid itself I recommend just a regular eyeliner brush like mac's 209 or 210 eyeliner brushes. The product is highly pigmented and dries really fast so these tools make it easier to create a quick straight line on the top. Also like any other cream product please cover it up as soon as your done using it, these dry up fast, I have used cheap products that dry up if you leave it open that is just how these products work. Overall this is a great product for professional use as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was obsessed with this product for a while and when I finally purchased it I was a little disappointed. While I understand it's an eyeshadow, I wanted to use it as an eyeliner (which a lot of people do), and I find it much more difficult to use in that respect. The product is TOO thick and clumps on my brush, misshaping it and often taking too much/too little product. It's quite dry from the get go.

Granted, it does last well and is waterproof, but it's just not as enjoyable to apply as the other creamier, softer cream and gel liners such as MAC, BB and Clinique.

EDIT: Also, I didn't find the pigmentation all that wonderful. It was standard - good but nothing to write home about! All these good reviews are making me wonder if I got a bad batch.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by vidz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

After extensively trolling MUA and comparing products; Bobbi Brown, MACBlacktrack etc... I finally settled on this. Boy, was I wrong. The MUA at the counter swatched it on my hand and it was a deep, velvety, inky black. Gorgeous right?

But when I brought it home, it was a totally different story. Man, was this hard to draw to raw a smooth line with. Maybe it's great as an eye shadow base? I dunno. It came with a nifty sealer and although I always made sure to close it up tightly and I live in a very warm and humid tropical climate, the eye-liner still dried out in less than 2 weeks! Needless to say I was disappointed. I paid SGD42 for this!

I tried using this many ways, using different brushes etc. Nothing worked. Then I finally added a big dollop of eye moisturiser into it and mixed furiously. Finally, the product was useable.

I will say one thing though, this eye liner is bulletproof, I'm ashamed to say I've even slept in it a couple of times and it looks the same as if I had just put it on! And miraculously, it's not that hard to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is truly waterproof. HG eyeliner for tightlining/ lining the waterline. It will NOT budge, smudge or fade/migrate until you remove it. All you need is a small amount of waterproof makeup remover to do the trick. It is very flattering deep black. I like to apply it with a thin angle brush (I use the one from Inglot- the best one I have come across by miles). The product applies smoothly and does not tug. Small pot but will last you a long time as you only need a small amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by loiseva1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! I use the aqua black as a "gel/cream" liner and this works great for that purpose, I have also used it as an eyeshadow base for a dark smoky eye and as an eyeshadow on its own ... WOW! it works so well as all of these, it really is an "all in one" type of product. It doesn't budge at all! and is also super pigmented and really smooth, glides on like a dream. I have been a long time user and lover of Bobbi Brown gel liner in Black ink but I think this has definitely become my new must have gel liner!.. I have only been using this for 3 weeks so may edit my review based on how long it lasts in the pot before it starts to dry up.. lets see! but I say go and pick it up you won't be disappointed :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product, but for some reason I find it to be a very dry formula. While it is very black and it stays well on my lash and waterline I don't find that it is that easy to create a fluid line. I much prefer a creamier gel liner. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jaann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was quite rubbish on me. I always wear an eye primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance) and although I've always had trouble with gel/cream liners giving me raccoon eyes, this one was the worst.

Last time I used it, I got raccoon eyes in less than an hour, before I even left the house. This was really disappointing because I quite liked their Aqua Liners, so I thought this would be good for me too. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by dpmsll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is best use for dark black liner for your waterline. Does not smudge or fade. A Sephora associate recommended this product to me. It is kind of pricey for my taste. Around $22, I think.. But well worth it! It stays on pretty long. I even took a nap with it on, even though I probably shouldnt have.. But it still looked like I just applied it on. It didn't even fade away! I absolutely love this product!! It's nice and creamy and very dark black. Will repurchase this again...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by paulabearb

OMG! Isn't this the best product? I can't get over the Make Up For Ever range especially since it hit my favourite store Fresh! :-D

So I went and got heaps and probably too much but my goodness this is probably the best product with exception of the HD Foundation (another review coming there!).

It stays on beautifully, looks great and doesn't smudge, budge or move anywhere.

I have received so many compliments about this product its crazy!

I'd definitely recommend this product and most of my friends are already busily ordering one for themselves ;-)