Dior Mascara Parfait

on 10/4/2003 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm beginning to think that this is about as close to a Holy Grail as I'll ever find. It thickens without clumps and comes off very easily (I loathe using a separate eye makeup-remover.) Its also very natural looking. I'm giving it a 4 because of the hefty price, so I only buy it when I have that extra $$ or when I just get too frustrated with the drugstore stuff.

on 6/8/2003 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really do NOT like the smell, but otherwise this mascara is luxurious. It feels smooth-- I can tell why it's marketed with "cashmere." Thickens well, but does not lengthen too much. Did not hold my curl when I curled before application. When I curled after application, the curl stayed fairly well. Overall, I like it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I could buy five tubes of an inferior product that would frustrate me, or I could drop the $22USD and be perfectly happy with one tube of Dior's Mascara Parfait. This is the product against which every mascara should be measured, and found wanting. Mascara Parfait is big-girl stuff -- baby femmes need not apply. Mascara Parfait truly is my weapon of choice.

on 4/12/2003 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

At first I thought this mascara was a waste of money. It was very clumpy but I did notice that it made my lashes longer and fuller. After 3 or 4 uses I realized I was not applying it properly. I need to make very long sweeping motions with the wand. Now that I have done that, I really like this product - except for the price.

on 3/26/2003 2:14:00 PM

$25 for a mascara? I expect something fantastic, a genie to come out of the tube when I open it, something!!!....

It is simply 'OK.' It doesn't clump or make your eyelashes stiff. The brown color works well for my light eyes. But my trusty old Maybelline works exactly the same way, for $3.99.
************DISCLAIMER*************

I have very thick and long eyelashes that have a lot of 'curl' to them naturally. Perhaps this mascara works wonders for girls short or sparse lashes, but it does nothing special.

I did try this mascara and find it a little clumpy. Its ok, but I wouldnt run out and buy it.

on 2/17/2003 1:35:00 PM

I am really disapointed with this mascara. I use and love many CD products and I found this mascara was not only very expensive for a teeny bottle, it was not thickening and it flaked off like crazy. I bought it hoping to achieve the same results as their limited edition 'Catwalk' mascara they had out last summer (which was so amazing-why don't they bring that back????) but to no avail. Save your money.

on 12/30/2002 2:21:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I think this may be a new favorite of mine. I bought this in "Black Iris" which looks black in normal lighting, but when the light hits it, it looks violet. My lashes were darker, thicker, longer, and clump-free! Also, it didn't flake off onto my cheeks like many mascaras tend to do. The only downsides are the price (although I'm willing to pay it for this mascara) and the perfumey smell that virtually all Christian Dior cosmetics possess.

on 10/31/2002 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Since Lancome discontinued my beloved Intencils mascara in brown, I've been on the hunt for a replacement. I don't need length, but thickening and definition without clumping. This mascara does just that. It adds lots of thickness and makes my lashes defined and a hint longer. But it looks natural, leaves my lashes soft, and doesn't clump unless I add tons of coats. Great stuff.

on 9/22/2002 2:51:00 AM

I am in love! I have finally a holy grail product of my very own! It lengthens and thickens to really incredible dimentions. I will always use this, which for a person who returns nearly everything is saying alot!