Wet 'n' Wild Mega Protein

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/19/2014 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Horrible. It's cheap and certainly shows on your lashes, but it's cheap. I never understood spider lashes until I used this alone. I often mix mascaras so it's not too big of a deal, but I certainly wouldn't recommend if you are only wearing this and want to apply more than one coat. It also flakes and falls throughout the course of the day.

on 5/15/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I got this on sale for only a dollar so I can't complain that much. It's not the worst mascara I've ever used, but it is flawed. First, it's too wet and goopy, and despite my care, it got all over my eye shadow and I had to get a Qtip out and clean up. Ugh. It also didn't provide any noticeable volume or length. Just color, really. Four hours later it was mostly gone. I only used one coat BTW.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have a Wet 'n' Wild Mega Protein Mascara in shade C641A Very Black & it's just one of those drugstore mascaras that I like to have on hand. I like to wear it on days I want a natural look or don't want to put on a full face, but don't want to look bare. If I'm going for a "no makeup" makeup look or am in a rush & don't have time to do anything too special, this is what I'll grab. It's not the greatest & it's not the best, but it's good for the less than $2 it costs. This is good enough a mascara I can wear alone & that matters to me. Mascaras that only look good if they're on top of a separate one annoy me. This one can lengthen my eyelashes subtly, which I appreciate. I have do really sensitive eyes & wear prescription contact lenses, but I didn't have an issue with flaking & I didn't have any sort of reactions.

I bought it for 50 from a local store that sells discounted & hard-to-find makeup. Its packaging is this pearlescent white tube with matching green details. Even though this isn't bad mascara, I would not go out of my way to buy it again unless I came across it for 50. I only recommend buying Mega Protein if you're looking for a mascara that'll do the basic necessities, but not if you're a diva in everyday life. Like I said, if I found it for the same price, I would probably buy another tube just to have it.

on 4/10/2014 1:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This was an all right mascara. For the price, I think it was worth it - there wasn't any major cons for me. It definitely wasn't a miracle product by any means though either. I always like to try different mascara's, so I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/20/2014 10:03:00 AM

This is only one step above wearing no mascara at all.

on 3/5/2014 5:34:00 PM

I used to love it at first but after some weeks i jst hated it. It is so clumpy .

on 3/2/2014 10:08:00 AM

I LOVE this mascara. This is definitely a daytime mascara. As previous reviewers have stated, it's not going to give you a false lash look, but I don't want that during the day (or ever really). It really is your lashes but a better, just slightly darker, fuller, longer version. It is wet, but I don't have any issues with getting it everywhere. It goes on so smooth and will not clump. I have tried to make it clump (just to see if it would), and it won't. It doesn't flake during the day (which is an issue I have with a lot of mascaras), and it doesn't smudge. It washes off easily. Your lashes still feel and look soft (not stiff or rigid) when you're wearing this. I absolutely love this. I have a $1 off coupon, so it was only .97, but I would buy it again even if it cost more. For most people this would not be enough at night, but it is perfect, perfect, PERFECT for daytime.

on 2/23/2014 2:28:00 PM

I may buy this product again bc the price is nice. I jumped in a Dollar General late on night when I had an event to go to early the next morning and of course was away from home and my makeup bag. This was cheap and I was worried about smudging or flaking but the formula is actually really nice. This is NOT a bold, false eyelash kind of mascara. This is a highlight your eyelashes, make you look awake but more natural looking mascara. It takes a little longer to dry but I usually wear voluminous millions waterproof which dries really fast. Most importantly it does work well, no clumps, no irritation and my lashes are not dry or crunchy looking. Well worth the $2 price tag. Nice for a minimal makeup day. Also I usually wear it with WnW megalast eyeliner.

on 2/21/2014 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is deff a wet formula but it makes my lashes look nice and pretty looking and black . The wet the better for me , I hate dry looking lashes

on 2/14/2014 11:36:00 AM

I really like this mascara. I bought it realizing it's not billed as a lengthening or volumizing product so I wasn't expecting to look like I'm wearing false eyelashes after applying it. I wanted a lighter mascara to add definition and this is doing a great job. My lashes are an OK length, kind of blonde, so mainly I want this to make it look like I do have eyelashes and for a more natural look -- that said, I probably wouldn't use it on occasions where I want a really "done" look. It applies well (I like the brush, too, as it's easy to use), it dries a bit slower than other mascaras I have (maybe due to the conditioning properties) and does add some length and definition plus a bit of volume. It doesn't flake like some other mascaras I've tried. I picked this up for $1.19 at a 40 percent off sale at Rite Aid, so I'm even happier to have found a good mascara at a very good price.