July 22, 2014 | 1631 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - La Petite Robe Noire

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've worn La Petite Robe Noire several times and i keep thinking of things to write a helpful review. After several wearings i think i can finally offer a good review. Since i first started wearing this the very first thing it reminds me of is tobacco leaves or just downright cigarette smoke. During this phase of the scent it is very masculine smelling. After a while, though, the smokey scent disappears and is replaced by fruits. Cherries and pomegranites to be exact and that is the color of the bottle too. A nice shade of red/pink with a pretty black dress. It lasts a decent amount of time on the skin too which i really like. All in all a wonderful scent. Also, La Petite Robe Noire is just ever-so-slightly masculine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I very nearly passed this one by due to my fruity florals prejudice. I like fruit but in a bowl with ice cream, not behind my ears. Still I got a sample and although I dislike the black cherry topnote, I love the drydown which is spicy and warm. It has a lovely anise note combined with almond. The black tea note prevents it from venturing into sickly territory. All in all, very well worked out and balanced as I would expect from the house of Guerlain. One lippie off for staying power though. I have the edp and sp is only a couple of hours. Notes from Fragrantica are:

black cherry, bergamot, red berries and almond. Bulgarian and Turkish roses rule the heart, further developing with notes of licorice and smoked black tea. Aniseed, tonka bean, vanilla, iris and patchouli form the base.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by DaeguChingu

Many scents are "fun and fruity," but can come off as smelling cheap. I think this scent succeeds in being fruity and youthful while still maintaining some sophistication. I think the tea note achieves this. I have the eau de toilette, so it might smell different to others, but while I'm wearing it during the day, I definitely get a strong black cherries note, but also alternating whiffs of tea, pine, and wood. Somehow it does smell very piney to me, but luckily I love that scent. If you like the smell of black cherries, tea, and pine, this scent is for you! I sometimes get scared of perfumes claiming to have base notes of patchoulli or musk, but I didn't really notice these scents. Perhaps in the parfum it is more noticeable. I think black cherries is a unique scent and it's perfect for springtime!

Plus, the bottle is adorable if you are into that. It's beautiful to have on my vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ivana89

I'm in love with this perfume. It is the mature kind of sweet/fruity/amber-y, so it remains sophisticated. For the record, I am usually never into the nauseating sugary, fruity, synthetic smelling fragrances. This one is an unusual scent, it really smells frisky and sweet but in a refined, mature way. My long, exhausting hunt for my next signature perfume stops here.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Wow. This is a huge mess on my skin. Some cherry coke and lemon opening soon to be mixed with Greek ouzo or Turkish raki -basically anise overdose and connotations of a sad hangover. All in a bakery setting. Congrats Guerlain.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can see why some have compared this one to Lolita Lempicka. Both have that fruity sweetness with a deeper amber type drydown. This Guerlain however replaces the anise note of Lolita for a cherry note that is fruity while not being overly sugary. I love the tea note in this, it is evident from beginning to end. This scent lasted over eight hours on me, so for lasting power and how smoothly the notes went from top to drydown, this fragrance is very well done. However, this fragrance is not for me anymore. I have worn fragrances like Lolita and others similar for over a decade and I guess I'm over that style now. Its a nice fragrance if you're looking for a warm fruity floral with an ambery drydown though....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was shocked by this perfume...in a bad way. I have loved most of Guelain's perfumes. Sure I may not choose to wear some of them but I can appreciate them. This...nope no sell.
It felt I had strayed into the "celebrity fragrance" section of the fragrance department. Sweet, fruity, blackcurrant...just no from me on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by leafy123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow very unusual ! Smells like sweet incense...just beautiful. I had a tiny sample of this and the first time I wore it my boyfriend said he loved it and it made him think of a 'Maiden'. It's heady, sweet, musky and very sensual. Similar to Lolita.
This makes me feel very sexy and is an evening perfume and prob most suited to winter months as it's so warm and cocooning.
The only down point is the price which is about 42 for 30ml but it's worth it as a little goes a long way :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying this in the store (stored right under bright fluorescent lighting, tester who knows how old) I still LOVED the fragrance.
Once I received a fresh sealed, properly stored bottle as a gift from my boyfriend, I have my "signature" scent.
I run very hot and usually can not be bothered with wearing perfume as they do not last long.
La Petite Robe Noir lasts all day and night for me with a light application and I can still enjoy it!
The black cherry and smoky tea stands out most for me, and it is refreshing to have a gourmet scent which is not vanilla or musk based, nor overly sweet. All the right notes for me. I prefer to buy the $10 "sample" jars to ensure a fresh bottle as opposed to having a full sized bottle sit on my vanity for a long time.
EDIT: I should also mention that I am a big tea drinker-and I dont mean the floor sweepings one expects to find at the grocery store. The scent was on par with estate teas I have drunk from India.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I felt compelled to write a review because I want people to know that yes, some people have fallen in love with this perfume and you might too! I spent 2 hours with an SA in Sephora trying out different perfumes. I finally gave up and she told me to try this one. I immediately was intrigued. I had never smelled anything like it before. It vaguely reminded me of LL but I really dislike LL. I can smell the licorice and black cherry (I'm not great at describing fragrances so please excuse me) It's such a unique intriguing scent that is warm and envelopes me. I love it for the winter. It sticks to my skin which NO perfumes do. I had to stop wearing all the perfumes I own because of that problem, but this one lasts. I really hope you test it out for yourself : )

EDIT: after almost finishing the bottle, I realized this fragrance really isn't all that special. Considering its guerlain and so expensive, I expect more. I tired of this quickly. Won't repurchase.