L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara Blackest Black

3.3

on 5/24/2012 2:12:00 AM

I needed new mascara so I decided to try L'Oreal since I usually buy Maybelline. Choosing the mascara, I wanted to one that would add volume to my already thick lashes and make them pop with rich color. I ended up choosing this one base on the price and the bottle. It really it a beautiful bottle...as far as the actually product goes, I love it!!! My eyelashes pop and my eyes look bigger. I don't have a problem with flaking, but I wear contacts and don't touch my eyes very much.

on 5/18/2012 11:24:00 PM

This is an alright mascara that I can stick with. It's really volumizing with the help of an eyelash curler. It only stays lengthy for a short time period though. Until I find a better mascara, this is my main one.

on 4/16/2012 9:51:00 PM

This product was just okay! It did make my lashed look longer but i wouldnt say it gave me any volume what so ever...it also flaked HORRIBLY through out the day..
My suggestion?
Dont buy thiis. If your going to go with a Loreal product I would stick withthe original Voluminous formula for lenth and volume.

on 4/13/2012 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is awful mascara. I wish I'd read reviews before wasting money. The product was very dry,and I could see the bits of mascara all clumped up on the brush. This was on my first time opening it. I wiped the brush to remove the excess product since it looked like it would clump up-it went on dry and flaky. My lashes looked like dried-out dead twigs. The packaging is not ideal, big and bulky and cheap looking. This mascara sucked so much I threw it away after one single use.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My lashes are naturally a decent length, but lacking when it comes to volume. This mascara gives me the volume that I need and makes my lashes look nice and full/thick. The only complaints I have are slight flaking sometimes, and the fact that it makes me lose a couple of lashes here and there. Still, I plan to purchase another one when this tube is out.

EDIT: I'm on my second tube of this mascara and I LOVE it!!! I think I'll be sticking to this one for a while because of the volume it provides. Haven't had any problems with flaking or lashes falling out this time. LOVE THIS MASCARA!!

on 3/7/2012 5:16:00 PM

i think the mascara itself is great.as for the brush i think its horrible.if u use a nice fuller brush for it, it works well.but yeah the mascara is nice.its a dryer formula so its great for thickening your lashes.very happy with it.

on 1/11/2012 5:26:00 PM

Sculpturally gorgeous container housing clumpy, 99-cent store quality mascara.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the best mascara I have ever used. I buy it again and again. I like to try other mascaras just to give them a chance, but I always go back to this. It gives volume and it layers/builds quickly. I hate how when you buy a new mascara, it's really wet and you have to use it several times before you get to the true nature of it, but this stays pretty true to what it is throughout the whole tube. I also love the huge brush. I swear by this mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This gives me the most unbelievably sexy bombshell lashes! I have tried so many but this is the best. I am torn between this and L'Oreal's Voluminous False Fiber Lashes in the triangular golden tube. They're both fantastic!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

L'Oreal, I love you, but this is a bad mascara. Admittedly, I was drawn by the packaging, because I just LOVE the tube. It's so chic being all black, and nothing but the word "L'Oreal" written on it. That's about where it stops though, since everything else about it sub-par for me. This mascara is nothing but clumps. The minute I put it on, I instantly have bumpy tarantula eyelashes, and within and hour it's flaking off and leaving black dots all around my eyes. But despite its constant fall-out, it's also near impossible to remove in the shower. Seems like some people love this product, so maybe I just got a bad tube, but it definitely is a NO for me.