John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Matricaria), Citrus Medica Limonium Peel Extract (Lemon), Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract (Sunflower), Vitis Vinifera Juice Extract (Grape), Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Dimethiconol, PEG 14M, Amodimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tocopherol, Trideceth 12, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Alcohol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance, Yellow 5

on 2/6/2013 10:20:00 PM

I really enjoy this line. I have noticed a small difference when it had come to my highlights and it conditioned my hair nicely. I also enjoy the scent of the shampoo and conditioner. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. It doesn't dry my hair out, at all.

I've been slowly trying to process my hair to a pale blonde, and after one more session I will be the blonde I desire (ahem it's taken two highlight sessions to get to a golden tone and multiple foils) but this truly does help in making that process easier and maintaining the lightness since i'm naturally a brunette with some copper undertone.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am a brunette, and soon going to Florida for vacation, and I wanted to get the "sun-kissed" look before my vacation. I looked at some reviews and people stated that it doesn't do much for brown hair, but it does give it a brassy colour. I've been wanting the lightning spray but the drugstore was out of both shampoo and the lightning spray so I picked up the conditioner. The first time I used the product I saw a massive difference. My hair got a lot lighter, I don't know if it's just me or if it because I believe that the product will do what it says it's supposed to do, but I have super dark brown hair and after using this product for 3 weeks, my hair has been getting to a light brown with hazel low lights ! It's crazy! The scent of the conditioner is okay and it leaves my hair silky smoothe ! I don't use it on my scalp so I'm not sure about irritation as some people said they get. I use my normal conditioner on top of my head and use the go blonder conditioner on the bottom of my hair. I used to have really bad split ends and after using this product my split ends have been decreasing ! I really love this product and it's a great way to lightn hair without the harsh chemicals in dyes ! Really recommend ! It's not only for blonde hair !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I liked the conditioner better than the shampoo, but not by much. Despite using the conditioner, my hair was still frizzy following use. The conditioner is harder to rinse out (not annoyingly slow, but for someone who is a speed bather/in a rush this product probably could cause build up and I'm sure some scalp irritation). I used the conditioner, like the shampoo, for three to four weeks (with the shampoo) and did not see my hair getting any blonder. I did see it getting dryer and frizzier, which I was not a fan of (obviously). I do not blow dry, straighten, or dye my hair, and, at most this conditioner is average to me. Smell was not impressive, but better than the shampoo scent. I would not buy this product again, and, like the shampoo, I felt the packaging to be sub par as water collects in the lid (though product does not leak out, which is a plus).

on 10/20/2012 12:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love this conditioner - and the go blonder shampoo - and i'd be happy to use them regularly even without the lightening effect.

my hair is a natural light golden brown (no dye, no highlights) and after three months use, it is subtly but noticeably lighter and brighter and a prettier colour so i'm delighted. no salon required ;-)

as i've only used this conditioner with the shampoo i don't know how they stack up individually, but as i'm happy to keep using both, that's not a problem

on 7/2/2012 6:31:00 PM

I've been using this shampoo combined with the conditioner off and on for a couple months and I really liked it! I have blonde hair ranging in colors because in the summer it gets a lot lighter from the sun and occasional sun in use :) but during the fall and winter I get dirty blonde roots and this lightened them to a point where they blended in nicely. This works over time so it's subtle and won't do anything crazy but it's great for blending in dark blonde roots. The conditioner is very thick and does a great job at adding shine and moisturizing. Even this though can't fix the damage of the go blonder lightening spray its awful and turns your hair to straw and I don't mean in color. Use sun in instead if you need a more dramatic change if you have blonde/ light brown hair it doesn't damage for me at all.

on 6/3/2012 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you have light to medium brown hair that lightens naturally in the sun and you want to speed up the process this product is for you.

Let me start by saying i have long light brown hair (to the middle of my back), and except for the use of this product it is "virgin" except for the last four or so inches which i had dyed blonde and then coloured brown.

The good: This product works on my hair to bring out my natural highlights without adding any extra brassiness. It is thick so it doesnt run all over my clothes and it stays where i apply it. It wont drastically lighten your hair if you are a brunette but it will enhance any natural highlights you would get in the sun.

The bad: This product can be quite drying. If you look at the ingredients it does have citrine in it which is acidic at does dry out your hair a bit. It is also on the expensive side for a drug store brand. (I live in an expensive city: Toronto, Canada so about 14$ per tube, seems cheaper in the U.S)

For best results: If you have light brown hair do not follow the directions, instead leave it on for an hour or so and sit out in the sun or wrap your hair in tinfoil. I also apply a deep conditioner over top of it to help balance out some of the drying effects.

on 5/14/2012 6:12:00 PM

My hair are very long, I spend 6 hours only to do ombre in salon and it cost FORTUNE. So I want to maintain my blonde and I thought this one gonna make it even more bright.

The truth is I didnt notice any lightening effect- maybe Im blind? But I want to believe it helps to maintain the colour.
What I do notice is that it smells good, applies nicely and leaves my hair smooth and shiny and helps with detangling.

Overall I like it but in my opinion- it doesnt make my hair brighter.

on 4/15/2012 8:29:00 PM

I have dyed ash blonde hair and used this product with the Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo. However, it didn't lighten, just made it brassy. While I loved the smell and consistency I just felt like it never smoothed my hair or really moisturized.

on 4/2/2012 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have only used this product twice but so far I definitely love it! I was impressed with the conditioner overall but was surprised by the silky, shiny texture it left. Especially because I am in desperate need of a haircut, my hair has been looking dull and flat. I noticed a significant difference in the feeling of my hair after only 1 use. I am using it with the JF blond shampoo (not the lightening one) because I want a gradual natural progressing to lighter hair. I had used the JF Beach Blonde gel a few years ago (discontinued) and it turned my entire head platinum blonde which was not at all what I was going for.
After 2 uses, I can definitely tell a difference in the color. No one else has made a comment yet regarding the color but I did get compliments at a family dinner the first night I used it regarding the texture and even my mom, who is my hair dresser, asked if I was cheating on her because of the healthy look my hair had. Right now, I wouldn't say it is lighter yet, but definitely brighter (not brassy or platinum-y) and shinier.
I am going to take it easy using this product as I do have very sensitive skin and I read in another user's review that she had issues with her scalp. I plan on carefully monitoring my hair and skin while using this product to make sure that I am giving it a fair go without putting my health at risk.

So far, I am loving it! I will keep you posted :) good luck ladies and Happy Spring!!

on 3/31/2012 6:26:00 PM

A great conditioner, it doesn't weigh my flat, fine hair down. This leaves me with soft, healthy hair and I find it does lighten my blonde hair slightly, not a huge difference in color but a nice subtle lightening.