April 19, 2014 | 1811 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Amazing Base Loose Finishing Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by buffykaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a fan. I had a make up session done at a day spa and they used this product on me. It looked great and matched my skin tone really well so I bought some. Unfortunately after using it a couple of times I realised it was reacting with my skin. I had itcy red patches across my cheeks and temples. I know it was this products because it goes away when I stop using it. Very dissapointing for such and expensive product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mineral foundation so much, but honestly, I don't see much difference between this for $40 and L'oreal's $13 version. The wear is much longer than Bare Minerals and I love that this doesn't get oily as does the former. Looks very natural on and you can go lighter or heavier for evening. I do like this a lot, just wish they'd make a mineral foundation that would withstand water, oh well, won't hold my breadth.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think it's finally happened. I have actually found a mineral base I can love. I've been through all of them, and thought I was more or less resigned to PurMinerals, which is a great product, but I can't find a good shade for my skin. Enter Jane Iredale, and my search is likely over. BE makes my skin look like an oil slick, no matter which formula I use; Aromaleigh is too damn confusing and, again, the shades are not good to my skin. PurMinerals is probably the kindest to both skin and wallet, but Iredale's formula is the best. It has none of the astringent or chalky sensations I've experienced with the others, and it doesn't melt into a shiny, slick, muddy mess. It has the best shades, the best feel on my skin, and the lowest shine factor of any I've tried. I'm not in love with the price tag, and it doesn't seem to have the coverage I need sometimes, but it takes down my ruddiness fairly well. If I pair it with my tinted sunscreen, I'm in great shape for the day. It's got a lightweight feel to it, so I don't feel like I've trowelled on my makeup, and I feel less guilty about not taking it off at night. After the bajillions I've likely spent on my mineral quest, though, I don't feel so bad about buying a jar of this. It works the way I want it to, and that's good enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by rory13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate that I used BE for so long before finding this! Either BE changed their formula between my last two jars, or my skin just gave up on it. I was itching like mad and the pores by my nose looked like craters. My aesthetician recommended I try the Jane Iredale, and the color (light beige) matches me so perfectly it's like I'm not wearing makeup at all. It's incredible. I love the silky smoothness of the powder. It's much less "creamy" than BE, and because of this I find I need about half as much to look flawless. Seriously, it covers my redness AND makes my pores invisible (over my Mally primer). Yes, it's about $20 more than BE but I'm guessing it will last me twice as long.

If you have Irish skin (you know who you are), this is a no-brainer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Daffodil23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Golden Glow. In terms of texture and coverage what I like is that it provides a even, natural looking coverage. I have acne scar and this does a decent job of covering them up. I dont expect this to make my scars dissapear especially with the kind of red acne scars I have, but it makes them much less visible without giving the appearence that I have applied makeup to hide them. It blends well in the skin. My complain is that this is a tad bit darker for my skin tone (I am Indian) but a shade lighter which is warm sienna is too light for my skin. Also, because of the dark color it makes my skin appear a little dull. So I have to mix this with Bare Minerals - Golden Medium which is a little bit lighter for my skin and combine them to make a shade that is closer to my skin tone. But the problem is Bare Minerals coverage is pretty cakey but till I dont find a mineral foundation that match and works better for my skin I will keep using this. I also wished that the jar had a click closure like the latest bare mineral jar cause it's not all travel friendly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by BayJeanette

I have quite a few of the Jane Iredale products but this is my favorite out of all of them and I only gave it 3 lippies. This stuff is great for sensitive skin. It gives a sheer to med finish depending on how you work it or what's work underneath. It's awful for coverage as I feel most of their products are. If you want full coverage, choose a different brand. Even with their Dissapear Concealer underneath, great coverage is next to impossible to get. It does feel light on the face and bc of that and how great it is for your skin, I use it over my liquid foundation. I love the idea behind the company and that the products are good for your skin, I just wish they had more coverage options. For the price, will definitely not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ikakilberth

After searching for a good make up base for my oily acne face, and reading all review available on internet, finally I tried to order JI Amazing base online in Caramel. after waiting for a more than a week (yes, where I live they dont have JI product available) the product came. I tried it on with the Handi brush I bought along,dang... I was very dissappointed, the colour applied evenly but was too dark for me (bad thing to buy something online without trying).. Because I am a curious person, I ordered another one, colour Radiant, I planned to mix these 2 colour, when it came I put it in a larger container, mixed them and tried it on.. Ta-da.... perfect colour matching.. pfiuhhh. Now I have been using it for a months and so far I love it:
- easy to apply
- doesnt cake
-blendable
- look good on photo

I notice my skin appearance improved since am using this, less clogged pore, feel smoother.I use it toegther with Clinique DDM Gel, perfecto, though it felt a bit drying after application, I dont mind cause I am tired of having oily face.
Will purchase again when this finish, I hope in a long time since it is expensive :-(
But LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by km03

I read good things about this product for my skin type. This brand was also highly recommended by my dermatologist. I have acne prone, oily skin. This product made my skin UNBELIEVABLY oily and greasy. It was seriously disgusting, the worst my face has ever looked. Accentuated lines in my face as well. Such a waste for how expensive it is. I notice that in general with mineral powders like this my face gets oily but none moreso than with this product. Its such a shame too because they have some good products in their line (namely their mineral SPF). I wish I could get my money back. I would not recommend this at all to anyone with acne or combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by lele118

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A SA steered me away from this product and directed me to the pressed powder. Mistake! I just could not get excited about the pressed powder which I compared it to others. I'm an NC20ish and purchased Bisque along with Absence and Circle Delete #1. The SA also steered me away from those products, another mistake. Right now I could not be happier with the product line. For the first time in my life I look and feel natural. No adverse affects from the products either. I mist with distilled water and it looks great all day.Some mineral makeup feels itchy and a bit like a mask, not this one. I use the press powder for touch ups if needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by DeniseLSmith09

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using the product for about 15 years now and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. Wouldn't want to be without it! Coverage light, airy and just enough to reduce the redness from my Rosacea. PLUS with a nice added benefit of Sunscreen.