August 1, 2014 | 1435 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Nose Secret

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like a few others, this made my nose look huge, like a pigs nose. I though it was halloween. This would be great for FX makeup, but not for taking photos, which is what I was hoping for. With a softer nose, good angles are to get without a lot of light, so I was hoping a slimmed, more angled nose would work. Alas, it was a waste of $14.99. I think this might be good for someone who already has a well defined bridge, but this doesn't work on a bulbous tip. Not in the least. Unless you want to look like a pig or Michael Jackson or a monkey.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by bkierse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is AWESOME! It saved me thousands of dollars AND pain cos I don't need to go through with the surgery I've been planning. I'm happy with my nose besides the fact that the end is crooked and is a little wide, but this lifts the nose tip up and slims down my nose! I've been wearing this for a month and it does hurt at first to wear it and feels a little weird, but it goes away as soon your nose becomes adjusted, which only takes a couple of days. I was gifted the M, L, XL pack by my best friend and the L fits just fine. Now I don't have to constantly worry about my nose when having a photo taken and it's boosted my confidence my heaps.
I would strongly recommend this to anyone who wants to experience the effects of having a perfect nose job without the $$ and pain!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by iceskat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First few time may hurt, or you may try this

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by linna0306

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is great great great great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This saved my thousands of dollars going under the knife!! I have a droopy nose tip, and I've always been very insecure about it, but this lifts the nose tip up and slims down my nose. it does hurt at first to wear it, but after I have filed the knobs they became smoother and doesn't hurt much at all.

I would recommend this to everyone who wishes to lift their nose tip or slim down their nose.

I am asian but I have a high nose bridge and I use the size small, it fits perfectly! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by liveforever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I also bought the inexpensive kind off of ebay called 'Rulav' which I believe come in x-small (junior) S, M and L. I bought the small. They do do what they promise - they thin out my nostrils and push up my tip so my nose looks slimmer and more proportioned. I love the look I get when wearing it. I did run into a few problems initially (like the pain,) but I got around this by working with the product a little and now they're a breeze to wear. I'll explain below.

1) They do hurt in the beginning. Especially if you buy the wrong size. I'd say when in doubt, go with the smaller size first. You don't want to be stretching out your nose too much and you don't want to look like Pinocchio,

2) I tried the suggestion of putting antibiotic ointment on the ends to remedy the pain. This does work but **CAUTION** I put too much ointment on the first time and the inserts went RIGHT UP MY NOSE! And they got stuck way up into my nasal cavity. I almost started crying thinking I would have to go to the doctor to have it removed. I some how got it out (by snorting it out aggressively).

3) Lastly, I examined the product closely to see why they hurt so much (or at least irritated my nose inside). If you look closely, the geniuses who designed the product made the edges pointy... they're not smooth and completely round at all. So I got out an emery board and started filing the little balls until they were flatter. This not only made them hurt less, but if you happen to buy a size too big, this is a great way to shave off a little length. I'd recommend anyone to try this out. I've experienced less pain since filing them flatter and smoother (both ends). But don't go crazy or they may not fit at all. But I was very relieved to have figured that out.

All in all, I'm happy with this product. It's odd, but I could never do something as drastic as a nose job. I really do believe the shape is retained with prolong use (as mentioned by a reviewer below.)

P.s. Dont put this in right after a shower. I did that and it went right up my nose again. I had to aggressively snort it out. A wet nose is a no no.

UPDATE: I solely now use it as a "shaper" for my nose when i'm at home or before a big night out. The longer left in before an event, the better. :) continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by TayBayBay

So I ordered this product about a month and a half ago. I received the S,M,L kit. I opened the package, and tried it out. It is absolutely terrifying to use at first, I could almost swear it was about to get lost up my nose. I freaked myself out, and decided to give up on trying to use it. I was so upset, because I truly hate my nose. But, this past week I was bored and decided to give it another go. After about a half an hour I figured it out. :) It works SO well. My nose isn't horrible, the Nose Secret gave me the right amount of definition my nose needed to create harmony with my face. The only thing I did not like about these little things, is they don't stay in place and will slide around. That made me extremely paranoid, so I got crafty and found a solution! I attached two pieces of a cotton ball to the back and front ends of the splints. They stay secure, and still give my nose perfect definition. I honestly don't know how these would work for truly bad noses, I just know they will work for anyone who has an awkward nose and needs that extra touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by hermyown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! this seriously works! If you have a droopy nose, or want the tip lifted this is PERFECT. I wear them to school every day.....

but don't waste the 20 dollars! On Ebay, you can buy something called Rulav Nose Reshaper, and it is THE EXACT SAME THING AS NOSESECRET only its like 9 dollars! It works so well....my nose does hurt a little by the end of the school day, and if i bang my nose against something it hurts like 94TQ9U, but I'm using it as shorterm until my Nasofix arrives. :)

Don't give up on those cheap cleopatra nose clips. Buy the pink kind that lift the nose AND the clothespin type AND the nose roller from ebay....with time, you will see a huge difference, much like i am seeing right now. ;)) -camels.

**edit: Okay. BTW nasofix sucks. But anyway the rulav started hurting me so bad, i'm looking for alternatives. apparently this one is made of gel and feels like a dream: www.perfiles.unisex.com /their website doesn't work but if you type it into google you can buy it from a seller.

edit again: discovered a permanent solution. because i've noticed that nosesecret DOES make my nose keep the shape a little bit, i think i'll wear them every day for like 2-3 years until my nose molds to the shape a bit. but i noticed it was just hurting because it was kind of rubbing my nose inside. well- if you just put a tiny dot of triple antibiotic ointment (neosporin but i use publix brand) on your pinky and rub it inside the nose where the inserts rub against, it kind of lubricates the area, leaving you ready for 9-10 hours of pain free wear and it heals the area at the same time if it's been cut up or scratched by the inserts. :) i do this every day now.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Normalg

Just received this product and tried it on for the first time. Took a while to fiddle with it and at first I thought it wasnt going to work, but I finally got it in and once it was inside, it was scary for the first time and I quickly took it out. It felt as though it could get lost and I could snort it up my nose, though im not sure how possible this is because it fits my nose rather well. I have attached some threads to the base of them which will make me feel more secure until im comfy enough with them that i can take them out. They are the only product for your nose besides plastic surgery that will instantly transform your appearance, they are not painful but of course having anything constantly in your nose will be awkward. I def look forward to wearing these to improve my profile in pictures.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by heptune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product really does work for my nose. I have a wide nose with very little definition at the tip; the inserts define the tip and push the nose upwards in an attractive, upturned position. I ordered the M, L, XL kit, thinking my nose was so huge I may need the largest size. While all of them fit, the L and XL inserts made my nose look like Michael Jackson's, while the M defined the tip in a subtle but substantial way.

There are issues with comfort with this product, however. The plastic inserts are obviously cheaply produced and may even be designed to break so that you are forced to purchase them again. If the manufacturers had put a piece of soft plastic or rubber at the ends of each tip, comfort issues would be reduced.

If comfort is an issue for you, an important thing to do when you first put them in is move them and arrange them until they feel comfortable. If you are sure to do this (rather than put up with having them in an uncomfortable position), you can wear them longer without discomfort.

I've only had this product for two days and I'm not sure how to deal with sneezing or anything like that. Still, if you are unhappy with your nose, I do recommend purchasing Nose Secret and seeing if it helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by elizabethgomez15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was skeptical about buying nose secret but went ahead anyway because I was too curious. My nose is a bit wide at the tip and I read that the nose secret product would fix exactly that, making it narrower on the tip. I said what the heck and went ahead with the purchase..I'm so happy that I did! It did exactly what I wanted it to do and I can now feel more comfortable about pictures since I hated the way my nose looked when I smiled (even wider). The first time I tried it, I had the hardest time inserting them and when I finally got them in I was so nervous because it felt awkward and I thought I was going to breathe them in but you get used to the feeling and now it's a breeze to put on. I love nose secret and would recommend this product for sure, it beats getting a nose job and spending all that money. If your nose problem is a slight one, this is the solution.