Nose Secret

3.5

on 4/16/2014 7:39:00 PM

I have been wearing nosesecret for almost a year now. I'm a junior in high school and have worn it every day the entire school year for roughly 9-10 hours a day. So far, I feel it has not stretched out my nostrils. And yes, it does hurt by the end of the day. But how couldn't it? It's an item being inserted into your nose... What do you expect? This product has become my life saver. I have always been insecure about my nose and wouldn't want people looking at my profile. But with it in, I feel a thousand times more confident. I wear it absolutley everywhere. But I find it easier not to use the little pick to take it out, but to just push it up from the bottom and then grab it out. Just a word of advice.

And for those who complain of bleeding, thats because you're wearing too big of a size. If something too large is being inserted in your nose its obviously going to bleed. For me, when it hurts by the end of the day I just put some vaseline and sleep with it on and its better by morning for a new start. But it does not bleed.

Overall, I do recommend this product. But for someone who uses it properly and with the right size. Size depends on your nose so I couldn't tell you which one. I wear a large and it works for me :)

LASTLY- It has come to the time for me to order a new pair because after almost a year it has begun to slowly break in half which brought me to writing this review! So if you're dedicated to this item prepare for needing a new one annually. Maybe not everybody but it could've been because I wear it EVERY day.

I am planning on getting surgery in a couple years when I can, but as for the time being, this product does come in handy.

on 4/11/2014 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this because I saw reviews of it on youtube, and I've always been slightly self conscious about my bulbous nose. I bought the M, L, and XL kit because I wanted what gave the most dramatic results. The M made basically no difference. The large made a moderate difference, but in my opinion only SLIGHTLY noticeable in my profile but not face on. The XL was the one that really made my nose look different and I liked what it did for my profile and bridge, but face on it looked absolutely ridiculous. I agree with everyone else's review that said it makes you look like Miss Piggy or the Who's from the Grinch, or Michael Jackson. It just made my nostrils look horrible.

The inserts are not comfortable at all. The M or L could maybe be tolerable over time, but they made such a minor difference that it's not worth the discomfort. My skin feels raw after wearing them even 10 minutes.

I feel like these have the potential to stretch your nostrils out over time. Some people have reported that it actually does. I definitely don't want to make my nose worse.

These are really not an "alternative to surgery" at all. They're not practical or comfortable at all. They either make no difference, or make you look like Miss Piggy.

HONESTLY, contouring your nose with makeup looks much nicer and makes a bigger difference than these things do. Don't waste your money.

on 10/14/2013 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just not for me. I have an Asian ethnic nose, that's quite fleshy and flat. I've always been conscious of my nose and impulsively purchased this one gloomy Sunday when I was feeling awful about myself. I paid an unjustifiable amount for this as I live in Hong Kong, and shipping was very expensive. I bought the S-M-L pack and first gave the small size a shot. My god did it make me look like little miss piggy. I guess I have to be thankful for this because it taught me that I have the right nose for my face, and steered me away from surgery because I know how botched up it could make me look. That being said, I understand how it could work for those who already have a high nose bridge and just want to lift and straighten their nose a bit. It's not going to work if you have a low bridge, big alars or a fleshy nose. It will just amplify these "flaws".

on 7/20/2013 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have a wide bulbous nose that already points upward a little bit. M,L,XL was the set I purchased. Medium was too small and Large did not make a very noticeable difference. XL hurt like heck and was difficult to insert in the beginning, but made my nose appear significantly smaller width wise (yet more upturned almost MJ-ish). I initially wore the splints during photoshoots because of the width differential, but I was unable to wear them longer than 1 hr without feeling excruciating pain. Over time I gradually wore them for longer and longer periods. After about a month, I found that I could wear XL for half a day without feeling extreme discomfort. Unfortunately, regular usage actually STRETCHED OUT MY NOSE. When I take the splints out, my nose is NOW BIGGER than before! When I wear the splints, the difference is no longer as drastic. PLEASE be careful if you intend to wear these regularly, if you have a soft wide nose like mine, these can stretch out your natural nose, and you might become dependent on them.

on 5/5/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Specially created a MUA account to write a review for this product. :)

I am an Asian, from Singapore, and I've been looking for methods to enhance my nose aesthetically. Plastic surgery was out of the question, as it was really expensive for me presently as a student. I chanced upon Nose Secret, and decided to give it a try. I was initially unsure, as many people said the reviews were paid/untrue, and I was afraid that it would be a scam. But since it was considerably cheap (I paid about $50SGD including shipping), I decided to give it a go.

When it first came, I was super excited! It was nicely packaged in an envelope with bubble wrap to prevent it from breaking. It only took about a week to arrive. However, I spent about 1h trying to put it on. I was close to giving up, thinking I had wasted $$$. When I put on one into one nostril, the other would slip off! But I was desperate, and at last, I did manage to put it (I had been doing it wrongly!). Once you get the hang of it, putting it on and adjusting it is a breeze.

I put it in for about 1h the first time, and my nose felt sore especially around the base. Subsequently, I only put it in at night at home, only for a few hours at a time or less.

When it is on, my nostril opening looks kinda elongated and weird. But other than that, on the whole I feel that it looks really good! The tip of my nose is uplifted, and it looks better. It is not the kind of drastic change (if you want super high nose bridge etc, that is), but I guess it works. My nose still looks the "same", just that its now slightly sharper (that's good news to me, cos people won't stare at your nose and find it too different and start questioning). Like some other reviews, my nose looks cute! It still looks really natural. It hurts a little even now (after 2 weeks?), but its much better than the first time. I guess after a few months of use it should feel perfectly fine. The fact that it's black is also an added bonus, cos its not really noticeable (unless someone peers intently into your nostril).

I bought the XS, S, M starter kit, and ended up using the size XS. I'd recommend Asians to order this starter kit first, to find the best fit. The size S was too big for me, and even if I tried forcing it into my nostril, it hurts like hell. Thank goodness I bought this kit, as I had initially wanted to choose the S, M, L kit. If I did, I would really have wasted money cos XS was the best for me.

As for whether my nose has really changed its "shape", I can't say for sure. With the plastic inserts, it definitely does look sharper etc. Without, my nose sort of "returns" to the natural shape. After some time though, I think my nose is a little more sharp at the tip without the inserts. Although it may be my own psychological conclusion to make me feel better, I am still quite certain that the tip of my nose has turned sharper, albeit a little. I guess the inserts will have to be constantly inside your nostrils for a long time (say, a few months or years?) to slowly shape your nose to the desired shape permanently.

All in all, I am glad I bought this product. It's much cheaper than other alternatives, and produces immediate results. Though it hurts a little initially, it'll be fine after you're used to it. I'd say the pros far outweigh the cons.

Would definitely recommend this product!

on 4/29/2013 8:45:00 AM

For years, I have considered rhinoplasty for my nose, which has a droopy nasal tip and deviates to the left. I've always talked myself out of surgery because I've read extensively about results being unpredictable. Frankly, I don't want to spend upwards of $6000 for an undesirable outcome.

I've tried makeup contouring, which does very minimal to correct the appearance. Against my better judgement, I even tried one of those "nose straightener" clamps. Again, not much result but a few red marks on the sides of my nose. My last ditch effort was NoseSecret.

I'll be as straight to the point: this product cannot work miracles. But it definitely has helped me. I ordered the XS-S-M package. Because my nose only droops on one side, I only used a splint in my left nostril (The Medium worked best for me). It takes some adjusting to feel comfortable wearing something in your nose. But the splint lifted my nasal tip right up, making the deviation less noticeable. I took front facing pictures (not my typical "get me on my better side" shot), and the difference was undeniable. Of course, because I tend to pick apart my every feature, I still see a slight deviation. But NoseSecret has done far, far more than makeup could ever do. In the long run, this $35 will save me hundreds of dollars of experimenting with different shades of makeup.

Will this work? The bottom line is: It depends. I can't speak for those who are looking to use it to minimize a bump in their bridge or make their nose "slimmer." But for me, well worth the money.

on 4/18/2013 10:46:00 PM

DO NOT BUY THE NOSE SECRET!!!!! I purchased it over a month ago and it STILL hasn't come to me. I asked the seller and they said that it's not their fault if something gets "lost" in the mail. So I pretty much lost $35. I still regret paying $35 for a couple pieces of plastic that are not even worth $5 probably and in the end, I never even got them. I am so disappointed in this company and seriously advise you not to buy from them!

on 3/15/2013 12:28:00 PM

Like a few others, this made my nose look huge, like a pigs nose. I though it was halloween. This would be great for FX makeup, but not for taking photos, which is what I was hoping for. With a softer nose, good angles are to get without a lot of light, so I was hoping a slimmed, more angled nose would work. Alas, it was a waste of $14.99. I think this might be good for someone who already has a well defined bridge, but this doesn't work on a bulbous tip. Not in the least. Unless you want to look like a pig or Michael Jackson or a monkey.

on 2/3/2013 3:15:00 AM

This is AWESOME! It saved me thousands of dollars AND pain cos I don't need to go through with the surgery I've been planning. I'm happy with my nose besides the fact that the end is crooked and is a little wide, but this lifts the nose tip up and slims down my nose! I've been wearing this for a month and it does hurt at first to wear it and feels a little weird, but it goes away as soon your nose becomes adjusted, which only takes a couple of days. I was gifted the M, L, XL pack by my best friend and the L fits just fine. Now I don't have to constantly worry about my nose when having a photo taken and it's boosted my confidence my heaps.
I would strongly recommend this to anyone who wants to experience the effects of having a perfect nose job without the $$ and pain!

on 12/1/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is great great great great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This saved my thousands of dollars going under the knife!! I have a droopy nose tip, and I've always been very insecure about it, but this lifts the nose tip up and slims down my nose. it does hurt at first to wear it, but after I have filed the knobs they became smoother and doesn't hurt much at all.

I would recommend this to everyone who wishes to lift their nose tip or slim down their nose.

I am asian but I have a high nose bridge and I use the size small, it fits perfectly! :D

Popular Misc Beauty Tools