October 23, 2014 | 1343 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Explosion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

I always heard this wasnt a good mascara but couldnt resist the 75% clearance at CVS and thus i have no problems throwing it out or letting it settle into drawer anonymity. Its very dry and clumps and is awkward to use. Its hard to build up any type of volume or length. The shape is a total gimmic, not sure how the Givenchy one actually applies but im not a fan of the concept so wouldnt splurge and try.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by baileyrenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This has such a bad formula! Firstly the colour comes out more as a charcoal rather than black and THE FLAKING!! Whenever I put this on I look in the mirror a few hours later and my eyes are completely surrounded by black dust. It didn't really lengthen my eyelashes but did separate them out nicely which made them look thicker. This mascara is too expensive in New Zealand to be worth buying again ($32)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

PROS: The applicator! i love the ball, it allows you to reach every last lash however the mascara would clump around some of the spikes.
CONS: The formulation is terrible! It clumped up on my lashes and slowly found its way down under my eye. I have used it twice and now it goes to the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Mynamesjess

The brush is so hard to deal with. I bought this product thinking it would be my HG mascara but I was so wrong. It clumps and doesn't do much except lengthen. I still have the full tube of mascara sitting at the bottom of my purse. What a waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by aprilkennedy

I can see why this mascara may garner not so glamorous reviews. However, I love this mascara! I have short eyelashes that do not have a natural curl & it's been difficult to find a mascara that actually makes my lashes stand out.. until now! My lashes look so much longer & my eyes so open.

The way I use this mascara: I use MAC False Lash mascara as a base then Telescopic Explosion over the top & it works a treat. It must be used vertically & section by section - I wouldn't recommend doing in a hurry. Will buy again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by angelpammmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i dont understand the bad reviews on this product...this is simply the best mascara i have ever used. it makes my lashes look longer than they ever have, it doesnt smudge, or crumble onto my face. i LOVE it! i have put it on one eye and showed friends the difference and they are amazed...i have been raving about this mascara and was so shocked to see other people dont like it. i have nothing but great things to say about it and feel like i have found what ive been looking for my whole makeup life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this from the sale bin at the drug store and was pleasantly surprised that it actually does separate and lengthen the lashes. It gives no volume at all, but it can be combined with a volumizing mascara for the ultimate lush, full and long look. It takes careful attention to use the tiny round brush and it can be difficult without a magnifying mirror. But if you have time to be super careful, you can build up really long separated lashes like a starlet. I don't it every day. Just when I feel like spending more time on my makeup. I don't know if I would buy it again once it dries up, but I put "yes" because I like it, as it's unique.

Update: Sept. 26 - I now use this every day to separate the lashes after using other mascaras in my layering technique to build volume plus length. It works very well and feels like just the right finishing touch. No other brush separates them quite as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by belle666

This is potentially the worst mascara I've ever used, or at least in the top three. The product clumped so easily and the brush just made a bigger mess, more mascara got on my face than my lashes. It was unable to cover my larger lashes and gave my smaller ones a Tammy Faye look, except with more mistakes.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Horrible product. It clumped horribly on my lashes, and the wand is too flimsy to actually get under the lashes. Did not do anything for my eyelashes whatsoever.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Sweetcakez

Worst mascara i've tried. It leaves big clumps. The brush is not pratical. The formula is horrible, dry and feels heavy.