L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion

2.6

on 3/8/2013 10:11:00 PM

This product is... well, ok I guess? I haven't used it in forever, I never reach for it & have bought others since then. It's not that I thought it was BAD, I just wasn't wowed by it at all and found my previous mascara gave me more noticeable lashes than this stuff did. The brush is interesting and does seem to make clumping harder to happen as it really separates. I didn't find the formula to lengthen or volumize to my liking, I didn't have flakiness like a lot of others seemed to. It would be a good 'natural' look. It might be interesting to clean the brush and try it with a better formula.

I did find the actual wand part of the applicator to be flimsy, so it was difficult to wiggle/push the brush around like I usually do.

I loved this mascara! I have thin lashes and they are very light. This mascara maintained the curl and elongated them as well as giving volume. The first few times it was kinda hard to figure out how to use it but then I loved it!
I can see how this is not for everyone but I absolutely loved it and I will be purchasing this again.

on 2/19/2013 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this mascara. I use it underneath Lash Stiletto to get a perfect lash every time. This mascara is great at separating and capturing in inner and outer corners. It does not give volume as much as it gives lift and length. When I top it with the Lash Stiletto I find I get a very intense, gorgeous lash.

I had to take off a lippie since I have to apply another mascara on top of this to get it to work for me. It also takes a lot of time and work to apply this mascara so I don't wear it much on its own/everyday. Just when I want to rev up my the more natural look I get with Lash Stiletto.

Good buy if you are willing to work for it.

on 1/5/2013 2:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I always heard this wasnt a good mascara but couldnt resist the 75% clearance at CVS and thus i have no problems throwing it out or letting it settle into drawer anonymity. Its very dry and clumps and is awkward to use. Its hard to build up any type of volume or length. The shape is a total gimmic, not sure how the Givenchy one actually applies but im not a fan of the concept so wouldnt splurge and try.

on 1/3/2013 4:11:00 PM

This has such a bad formula! Firstly the colour comes out more as a charcoal rather than black and THE FLAKING!! Whenever I put this on I look in the mirror a few hours later and my eyes are completely surrounded by black dust. It didn't really lengthen my eyelashes but did separate them out nicely which made them look thicker. This mascara is too expensive in New Zealand to be worth buying again ($32)

on 12/30/2012 9:23:00 PM

PROS: The applicator! i love the ball, it allows you to reach every last lash however the mascara would clump around some of the spikes.
CONS: The formulation is terrible! It clumped up on my lashes and slowly found its way down under my eye. I have used it twice and now it goes to the trash.

on 11/17/2012 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The brush is so hard to deal with. I bought this product thinking it would be my HG mascara but I was so wrong. It clumps and doesn't do much except lengthen. I still have the full tube of mascara sitting at the bottom of my purse. What a waste of money!

on 11/11/2012 3:43:00 AM

I can see why this mascara may garner not so glamorous reviews. However, I love this mascara! I have short eyelashes that do not have a natural curl & it's been difficult to find a mascara that actually makes my lashes stand out.. until now! My lashes look so much longer & my eyes so open.

The way I use this mascara: I use MAC False Lash mascara as a base then Telescopic Explosion over the top & it works a treat. It must be used vertically & section by section - I wouldn't recommend doing in a hurry. Will buy again :)

on 10/8/2012 11:46:00 AM

i dont understand the bad reviews on this product...this is simply the best mascara i have ever used. it makes my lashes look longer than they ever have, it doesnt smudge, or crumble onto my face. i LOVE it! i have put it on one eye and showed friends the difference and they are amazed...i have been raving about this mascara and was so shocked to see other people dont like it. i have nothing but great things to say about it and feel like i have found what ive been looking for my whole makeup life.

on 9/21/2012 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this from the sale bin at the drug store and was pleasantly surprised that it actually does separate and lengthen the lashes. It gives no volume at all, but it can be combined with a volumizing mascara for the ultimate lush, full and long look. It takes careful attention to use the tiny round brush and it can be difficult without a magnifying mirror. But if you have time to be super careful, you can build up really long separated lashes like a starlet. I don't it every day. Just when I feel like spending more time on my makeup. I don't know if I would buy it again once it dries up, but I put "yes" because I like it, as it's unique.

Update: Sept. 26 - I now use this every day to separate the lashes after using other mascaras in my layering technique to build volume plus length. It works very well and feels like just the right finishing touch. No other brush separates them quite as well.