August 21, 2014 | 1811 users online

Blush - Coastal Scents - Contour & Blush Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by EnnGlittersxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i got this product as a gift, i've had it for 2 years, didn't really use it in the first year except for like 3 times because i was busy using my other palettes from BHcosmetics and MAC, but then i threw out my BH palette and started using this coastal scents palette this year, after watching a few tutorials on youtube and making up more celeb-inspired looks, it turns out this palette is perfect! its perfectly pigmented at the right amount, i've used it on 5 of my clients with a bit of nars highlighter and there, could be as good as MAC. i figured out the contour shade is a bit dark but you can mix it with some light bronzer and tap off the excess of use a duo fibre brush and tap off the excess after each use, never contour above the cheekbone, probably the only reason many of you find the contour shade as "too dark" is because you didn't contour properly. i recommend this product, i've had it for 2 years and still no signs of running out of it, if you're wondering why i wouldn't buy this product again, it's not because the product sucks or anything, it's because i have my eyes on NYX's All I Ever Wanted Makeup box, but this is amazing, all you have to do is get used to it and you'll get the hang of using these colors! WOW!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by sarahmydarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hate it, hate the colours, no pigmentation, chalky. Overall terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by mszsunshinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice palette.. if you are not acne prone. Not sure which ingredient broke out my face but it does contain mineral oil so that might be it. I really loved the contour and blush colors since they are pigmented, goes on nicely and I was able to make it look natural. Although the dark contour color may appear scary, use very little amounts and build up the color or else your face will look dirty. The lighter highlight colors on the other hand didn't go on as well nor did it seem as pigmented. I hope to find a similar matte bronzer and matte rosy blush in their mineral formulations that won't break me out as bad as this did. I am also disappointed that the website did not allow me to post this negative review which I think is absolutely terrible because I'm sure not everyone is blessed with normal skin that can handle mineral oil (or maybe it was the lanolin) without having crazy breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by RachelCouture

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish they sold these separately because I only use the peach, contour and blush colors. The other two makes my face look like I am trying to bleach it or something. However the colors that I do use on my face work very well. When I use the a blush I use both of them and mix them together. First the darker shade and then the brighter shade. I don't know what it is but it comes out like the perfect color! Coastal scents all around is inexpensive so I am going to for sure purchase this again. My contour color is running low.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by RadMom32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the contouring shade - very natural and blends nicely. I use the white a lot, and the blush only sometimes. I don't use the the peach and yellow shades very often, sometimes I mix with the blushes. I agree the blushes are too close in color. Although I don't find any of the pigments too strong. Maybe you just need a soft brush to pick up less color. I wish Coastal Scents offered them individually or in a duo/trio. I broke the brown powder trying to depot it but I'm not going to spend another $20 to buy/ship another full palette :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Elinush

The dark color is too dark for me.
The highlight colors are too light for me (even the white)
The blushes are too similar to each other and too strong for me even with a loose application.
Dislike completely and will try to sell it.

Maybe it will be good for darker skin than mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the dark matte brown for contouring my face, and the blush shades. The white color I find really chalky, and the highlight ones I don't use that much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I'm a big fan of this palette. I love to contour my face and body, and this palette is so pigmented it's easy to do. The powders are nice and large so it's easy to load my brush, but they can definitely go on too heavy, so a light hand is best. The colors are pretty neutral-based, not too red/orange/pink or too yellow.

The packaging worries me. The palette itself seems so flimsy I'm afraid to hold it by its lid as I apply it, so I always set it down on a sturdy surface like my bathroom counter. I agree that a down side about this palette is it's so HUGE that it is hard to carry sometimes and even store, but you get so much for your money I think it's quite a good deal. I probably won't have to replace this for some time, which is nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by eyesonme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love contour my face with colors without any shimmer. And this Palette is perfect for it!!! The palette contains 6 colors, for shading, highlighting and for the cheek color. The contour color tone perfectly fits my pale NC15 asian complexion. It is not too redish or yellowish, it is just the perfect contouring color. I find the powder very pigmented, so you do have to apply it with a light hand.

The only downside to it would be the huge packaging. I like the fact that it has a big content, but the size of the palette makes it unpractical to cary it around with you. And also, there are two colors that I rared use or never use. But this is the downside with palettes=)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great colors, get a good amount for the price, but WAYYYY chalky!