April 16, 2014 | 870 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ellyay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product about twice a month (generally when my face is really breaking out / oily). It's definitely something you turn to when you want to dry out your skin. It does sting a bit, but I find that to be a good thing when you're using a mask to rebalance your skin. I use the Seaweed Mattifying Lotion right after the mask to rehydrate the skin as well.

This mask does make me wake up with a few small whiteheads, as another user previously said, because it's drawing all the ickiness to the outer layer of your skin.

All in all, I'd suggest using it less frequently - just when your face really needs a reboot.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by persprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Until a few months ago, this was my go to mask for my combination/oily skin. I'd used it for 2-3 years (once every 2-3 weeks) previously with great results. I loved the texture and smell, and it was even worth being a little messy, since I'd just use it before a shower. My skin was soft, glowing, and perfectly clean after I rinsed it away. I don't know if they changed the formula, but now every time I use it, I break out. I swore it was a fluke and figured that maybe the particular jar I was on had expired or was a little off. I bought a new one and the same thing has happened. I used it last night and today my face feels ready to blossom with acne. I have no idea what happened, but I had such great results before that I'm a bit heartbroken

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by fancydream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best clarifying mask I ever used, if you have oily/combination skin that may has acne or pimples this is the best mask for you, it really absorbs oil, clarifies the complexion, calms pimples, decrease redness and black heads, your skin will feel so soft after using this one and the effect will last for days, I recommend this for any one that needs some real cleansing and clarification with out drying, my skin is sensitive and used to get red from similar products but this is suitable even for sensitive skin and doesn't cause any redness on the contrary it calms down.
I used many masks and clays even natural green clays but this is the best mask I ever used it really makes a difference. will definitely buy again.
This is my first review on makeup alley :) I hope it is useful.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

I don't think this mask does anything, I can't see a difference in my skin after using it, its hard to apply and you need a generous amount of it, it drys really hard and it's hard to remove so you need a cleanser afterwards, it dident leave my skin bright or more clearer looking and it dident help with any pimples, wouldent buy again as ive had the same result with a 2.50 mask

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by purplegobstopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Generally clay masks are good for dealing with the oily zones on my combination skin. I've had perfect results with the Montagne Jeunesse one. This one however left my skin irritated and red. Still have half a jar left, but it's going in the bin, never again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Topon66

I have combination skin with larger pores on my cheeks and nose and will generally break out with smaller pimples in my t zone occasionally larger under the skin ones. I previously used the tea tree mask and have had good results so when I went in to replenish the woman working there said that was usually for oily skin that needed more help and the seaweed mask would be better for my skin type. The only other clay mask I have used before was made by Sabon and 3x the price which I had positive results with. So I bought the seaweed mask thinking they would be similar. I was far off. The mask while it dries fairly quickly leaves my skin burning and red the clay almost scratching my skin but not in a way that it would be exfoliating it leaving my face feeling harsh then dry almost equivalent to a winter burn. I also bought the seaweed moisturizer which I would use afterward and it just stung. The lotion was okay but really equivalent to mixing sunscreen with a face lotion. You could potentially use the mask for bigger spots but I personally think unless your in a humid/warmer climate with extremely oily skin do not use this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Annangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its a okay mask,it makes youre Skin feel fresh but Not more.i have blemishes and pimples and the only this was it makes was that my Face hurst and it was red it was so hurtfull.so do Not buy this !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by apricotcloud

Wow. Super impressed with this product. I usually buy the Mudd face masks which retail at 1 so this was quite expensive at 12 but you only use a tiny amount so the pot will literally last forever.

It smells really nice and fresh, oceanny like the face wash and other products in the line and on contact with bare skin, it is just heavenly :] just so fresh and clean, natural feeling.

It dries quite quickly from a pale green mask to a white clay like texture and is quite easy to remove and doesn't make a mess when removing (take note Montagne Jeneusse with your chocolate face masks that make the bathroom look like a pig has had a mudbath in the sink!!)

I use this along with the seaweed face wash and my skin is just so much healthier/in balance. I have combination/sensitive skin which is easily irritated but the seaweed line is so effective at cleansing without being too harsh. Seriously in love with this line, hope they never d/c it!! :]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this mask. I have oily skin that has gotten drier as I've gotten older but is still full of pimples and scars. After putting on this mask, my skin feels and looks great. I feel like I can feel the mask drawing stuff out of my pores. Sometimes the next day I have some small whiteheads but I think it is because this mask brings stuff to the surface. This mask can be very frustrating to get off so I frequently use it before a shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Itapinkpony

I agree with other comments, stay way from this if you have sensitive skin!
I got this (on sale so it wasn't really expensive) to get rid of some pimples I had on my forehead, the first time I used it I put it in my whole face and it was HELL, it burned my cheeks and left my skin feeling red and tight, the next day I had pimples all over my face but some of the ones in my forehead were gone (it can be good as a spot treatment)
Since the lady told me it could get worse before it got better I kept using it and a week after I can say it all was totally worth it, my skin feels clear and soft. I will purchase again to use as a spot treatment and on my monthly detox facials