December 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when The Body Shop were offering 50% off everything with free delivery and have used it 3 times (use it once a week). So far, I'm very happy with it - it's definitely deep cleansing and my skin really tingles once the mask has been applied. It's not uncomfortable but I'd imagine it would sting if you have sensitive skin.

I feel this does a great job at removing excess oil from the pores and I can see, once the mask has dried, that there are tiny spots all over my nose and forehead where the oil has been sucked out.

My skin feels amazing after I remove the mask - glowing and smooth and I've noticed a tiny improvement in the visibility of my pores but not a great deal. However, I have genetics to thank for that so as long as I can keep my pores cleansed and free of gunk, I'm happy.

I've only given 3 lippies for the price and I doubt I'd repurchase this at the full price but next time there is a 50% sale I'll definitely stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by YoonAit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have combination skin. I am used to have acne in T-zone. When Acne appears, I use it that reduces my acne everytime I use. Love it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've gone through one tub of this and I just bought my second. :)

I originally bought it because it said "seaweed" and I had heard that seaweed was very beneficial for skin when in the form of a mask.

It's a simple, moist mask that looks suspiciously akin to mud. The smell is clean and distinct: you will recognize this smell almost instantly. The mask will dry out if left exposed to open air, so be sure that you secure the lid properly after every use.

The product comes in a simple round tub with a screw-on lid. It can be difficult to open the lid once you've used this product a few times, as the product tends to get into the grooves and dry, thus preventing the lid from opening easily.

The product itself goes on wet and dries after approximately twenty minutes regardless of how much or little product you apply to a damp face. I have noticed that it can burn if your face is already raw, so I wouldn't recommend using this if you have sensitive skin or a sunburn. It is definitely not a healing mask. It's a serious cleansing mask, which leaves your skin free of oil and does actually help with blackheads. It isn't going to remove your blackheads overnight, but after a month or more of usage, I have noticed a distinct difference in my skin. This product does not cause break outs and will leave your skin feeling incredibly soft and clean.

Overall, I hate the packaging. It's cheap and difficult to open once you get about half way through the product. The product itself is fantastic, but you should only use it about once a week. I'm going to continue to repurchase, because this is my favorite mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by nikkicavv

I found this to be a very harsh product. I wouldn't class myself as having sensitive skin, but this mask had a burning sensation and when I removed it, after just 5 minutes, it looked like I had been sunbathing with sunglasses on. On the plus side, my skin does feel smoother than usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by annettepe

I love this product! I must admit that this product is quiet harsh so I would only use it once a week and no more. I have oily/combination skin and I feel like every time I use this it really absorbs all the unnecessary oils and dirt out of my face and leaves my face feeling incredibly clean. When the mask dries you can literally see wet dots all over your nose, which I'm assuming is all the oils stuck in your pores. Its so gross but very satisfying because I feel like I can literally see the effect straight away while using it. On top of that I love the scent. Its so fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't love this mask. I found that it REALLY stung my face as it dried and that's not something I usually experience with most masks. It also didn't do very much for my skin. I noticed that after a few months the product had dried up too much to really be useable which was pretty much just as well since I didn't have any huge desire to continue using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetsera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first time trying the product. The effect was really obvious after trying it at the shop. The patch which the SA applied on became much brighter and fairer. So I bought and home and tested it on my face. It definitely looks much brighter and fairer on my whole face and it feels much more cleansed. It can be a little stingy and messy, but definitely worth it. In comparison to those facial masks which doesn't require washing (aka those paper masks soaked in serums), this has a much better effect ! (: I also realised that after putting on the mask, it helped to further remove some of the impurites which my facial wash and toner didn't manage to clean off.

Smell wise, I thought it's pretty good! And since I am an animal lover and The Body Shop doesn't do animal testing or harm animals in anyway, I am definitely up for it ! Also, it's non-comedogenic. So far so good ! It does make my skin feel tighter after that, and can be slightly drying. But I use the vitamin E face mist to hydrate my skin after that. A good buy I must say ! Price is reaonable, something I am willing to pay for, however, the packaging does look cheapo. I believe it's something that they could improve on. And include a spatula for us to apply it on our faces instead of us having to use our hands to dig into the mask.

Overall. it's a pretty worthy product for a first time try. Can be a little stinging though. Will observe longer to see if it suits my skin in a long run. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ellyay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product about twice a month (generally when my face is really breaking out / oily). It's definitely something you turn to when you want to dry out your skin. It does sting a bit, but I find that to be a good thing when you're using a mask to rebalance your skin. I use the Seaweed Mattifying Lotion right after the mask to rehydrate the skin as well.

This mask does make me wake up with a few small whiteheads, as another user previously said, because it's drawing all the ickiness to the outer layer of your skin.

All in all, I'd suggest using it less frequently - just when your face really needs a reboot.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by persprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Until a few months ago, this was my go to mask for my combination/oily skin. I'd used it for 2-3 years (once every 2-3 weeks) previously with great results. I loved the texture and smell, and it was even worth being a little messy, since I'd just use it before a shower. My skin was soft, glowing, and perfectly clean after I rinsed it away. I don't know if they changed the formula, but now every time I use it, I break out. I swore it was a fluke and figured that maybe the particular jar I was on had expired or was a little off. I bought a new one and the same thing has happened. I used it last night and today my face feels ready to blossom with acne. I have no idea what happened, but I had such great results before that I'm a bit heartbroken

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by fancydream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best clarifying mask I ever used, if you have oily/combination skin that may has acne or pimples this is the best mask for you, it really absorbs oil, clarifies the complexion, calms pimples, decrease redness and black heads, your skin will feel so soft after using this one and the effect will last for days, I recommend this for any one that needs some real cleansing and clarification with out drying, my skin is sensitive and used to get red from similar products but this is suitable even for sensitive skin and doesn't cause any redness on the contrary it calms down.
I used many masks and clays even natural green clays but this is the best mask I ever used it really makes a difference. will definitely buy again.
This is my first review on makeup alley :) I hope it is useful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No