September 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Polishes - OPI - Over The Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by elizabethreme

One of the most universally flattering taupe colors on the market. We sell this at my work and can literally recommend it to ANYONE with ANY skin type and it flatters them all. People call in and special order bottles of this at a time. If you're in search of an awesome neutral, check this one out. I definitely recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by wmhfnrzu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this simply because I read it here - and it is extremely similiar to You Don't Know Jacques! (which i own too haha). I like it! It's like a muddy, mocha-ish brown? My guy friends all disapprove (boys will be boys!) but I think it's a sophiticated, clean colour. I can wear it to work and it doesn't look offensive or loud. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this color. I used to have You Don't Know Jacques, but for whatever reason, the color didn't agree with me at all. Such a pretty color in the bottle that didn't translate to my nails. OTT is what I wanted YDKJ to be, a slightly warmer, brownish taupe. I'm currently wearing this on my gel nails and love it. It's a nice, work friendly color that's not (no pun intended here) too over the top :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by oadilemma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually dont know what to say about this one - I have it, I wear it and it works really well for me. It's nothing to rave about, but looks good at the same time.
Easy to apply and has a lovely glossy finish. I've only had it on my toes - I dont think my finger nails are long enough to carry this off.
I am a soft and cool colouring and this polish is a perfect match to Cocoa and looks fab with my mocha birkenstocks!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Love2read

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It's so sofisticated and subtle. I usually use bright colors, but this one makes my hands look even more tan. Love this brand it goes on great and lasts a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite OPI of all time would be You Don't Know Jacques. So you should know that I love taupey nail polishes. But I was greatly disappointed by this one. Though personal opinion on colours cannot bring down the rating, so I kept it at 4 lippies. The reason I was so let down is because this looks not very taupe on me. Taupe means grey brown, ideally it should come with maybe a hint of smoky lavender. While YDKJ is exactly that but darker, I was hunting for, technically, a lighter version of YDKJ. Over the Taupe seems like a good pick on that, but it is not. It's a simple light chocolate brown. I don't see taupe. Some people may call it a warm taupe, sine it lacks the slight smoky lavender element, but keep in mind warm taupe should still have grey in it. This one looks milk chocolate to me. The great thing about this particular nail polish is that it dries SUPER shiny, especially for OPI, and the better thing is that it stays chip free and flawless for 7 whole days nonstop. (This was all just 3 coats with no base/top coat!) If this thing had a tiny little bit coolness to it, it would immediately jump to my HG statues. It's a pity it doesn't, but it is still a great neutral.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

Absolutely gorgeous, goes on really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by yuyupompadour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best chocolate colour of my nail polishes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Lisaanthony7

Oh my gosh I just found my first ever "favorite" nails polish!I actually just painted my wall a taupe color and some ended up on my nails and I thought...hmmm I wonder if they make a taupe polish color and sure enough they do!This color looks AMAZING on my nails and I am so impressed with how quickly this dried and how beautifully smooth this applied.I will be heading back to my local armstrong mccall tomorrow to buy another...maybe 2 lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

A great alternative to blacks and browns dries fast and is a good quality polish, gorgeous shade applies smoothly and looks fantastic on short nails on fair neutral skin.