OPI Over The Taupe

4.7

on 8/4/2012 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This color was very flattering (NC25) and multipurpose, you can go to college, to work or party and look kind of elegant-sophisticated.i was afraid it looked granny, but it didn't .I liked the consistency and coverage, also with top coat it lasted up to 7 days, I just had to remove ir because of nail natural growth. I think it looks better on longer nails.

on 7/7/2012 10:32:00 AM

I got my nails done in this shade.. and what got to me was the transparency of it!! I'm so sure that this was not how it would normally come out.. I just thought that they diluted it maybe?? Otherwise a lovely colour when opaque! x

on 5/23/2012 12:37:00 AM

One of the most universally flattering taupe colors on the market. We sell this at my work and can literally recommend it to ANYONE with ANY skin type and it flatters them all. People call in and special order bottles of this at a time. If you're in search of an awesome neutral, check this one out. I definitely recommend this one.

on 3/16/2012 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got this simply because I read it here - and it is extremely similiar to You Don't Know Jacques! (which i own too haha). I like it! It's like a muddy, mocha-ish brown? My guy friends all disapprove (boys will be boys!) but I think it's a sophiticated, clean colour. I can wear it to work and it doesn't look offensive or loud. Love it!

on 2/19/2012 2:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this color. I used to have You Don't Know Jacques, but for whatever reason, the color didn't agree with me at all. Such a pretty color in the bottle that didn't translate to my nails. OTT is what I wanted YDKJ to be, a slightly warmer, brownish taupe. I'm currently wearing this on my gel nails and love it. It's a nice, work friendly color that's not (no pun intended here) too over the top :)

on 2/9/2012 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I actually dont know what to say about this one - I have it, I wear it and it works really well for me. It's nothing to rave about, but looks good at the same time.
Easy to apply and has a lovely glossy finish. I've only had it on my toes - I dont think my finger nails are long enough to carry this off.
I am a soft and cool colouring and this polish is a perfect match to Cocoa and looks fab with my mocha birkenstocks!

on 11/3/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this color. It's so sofisticated and subtle. I usually use bright colors, but this one makes my hands look even more tan. Love this brand it goes on great and lasts a week.

on 10/23/2011 7:06:00 PM

My favourite OPI of all time would be You Don't Know Jacques. So you should know that I love taupey nail polishes. But I was greatly disappointed by this one. Though personal opinion on colours cannot bring down the rating, so I kept it at 4 lippies. The reason I was so let down is because this looks not very taupe on me. Taupe means grey brown, ideally it should come with maybe a hint of smoky lavender. While YDKJ is exactly that but darker, I was hunting for, technically, a lighter version of YDKJ. Over the Taupe seems like a good pick on that, but it is not. It's a simple light chocolate brown. I don't see taupe. Some people may call it a warm taupe, sine it lacks the slight smoky lavender element, but keep in mind warm taupe should still have grey in it. This one looks milk chocolate to me. The great thing about this particular nail polish is that it dries SUPER shiny, especially for OPI, and the better thing is that it stays chip free and flawless for 7 whole days nonstop. (This was all just 3 coats with no base/top coat!) If this thing had a tiny little bit coolness to it, it would immediately jump to my HG statues. It's a pity it doesn't, but it is still a great neutral.

on 10/22/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely gorgeous, goes on really well.

Best chocolate colour of my nail polishes

Popular Polishes