November 24, 2014 | 1917 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Mocha Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells so wonderful! It smells like mocha and marshmallows and glides perfectly over my lips with no heaviness or grittiness. My only complaint is the container as I hate using my fingers, but that isn't enough to keep me from buying Smith's Rosebud products. I now own four varieties and can't decide which I like best, and all seem to work great though the original Rose feels a little thicker and heavier than the Brambleberry, Mocha and Strawberry so it is my go-to balm for winter or if I've been slacking on drinking enough water.

But the performance of this is fantastic. I smooth some on before bed (there isn't any flavor or sugar so I don't worry it will do damage to my teeth or anything) and wake up with the softest lips. I also put it over some of my lipsticks--yeah, I'm lookin' at you MAC--and it helps keep the color intense and keeps the flakes and feathering to a minimum.

The price is a little high, but considering how long each tin lasts, I figure I won't be buying anything else for quite a while so it all works out. And I have to say the original Rose does work well as an intense hand treatment when my hands get dry and a bit rough.

Overall love this stuff in all the fragrances I've tried and it will be a staple in my makeup/health and beauty collection as long as I'm able to find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by LovePinkxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Adorable tin and yummy mocha scent. Keeps lips soft and healthy. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jennyfercl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this one better than the original rose one, because it seemed to last just a bit longer on the lips and seemed to moisturize a little better (less wet feeling, less slippery, slightly thicker in consistency). The packaging is really cute, very girly and has a vintage-y feel to it. The smell reminds me a lot like hot chocolate, not coffee so that's a bit misleading but I like it. It can get a little overpowering at times though. No tint, just a balm. There's a very very generous amount in there and i don't anticipate needing to buy a new one any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Lynn78

First thing that strikes you, would be its lovely pink tin with a feminine retro design. You can call me a packaging nut. Although the cover states Mocha Rose with a hint of vanilla, I don't detect any hint of rose. If you are a Starbucks mocha frappachino fan, or a coffee nut/ chocoholic like me, you will adore this. The mocha scent is awesome, and not overpowering, infact it fades off after about 20mins. Leaving your lips with a moist film, not oily or slimy, its an almost "cushy" feel as mentioned by a previous reviewer. I guess the best I could describe would be a soft velvet feel, almost weightless feel to my lips. You can almost forget that its there.I love this feeling, its not too "wet" or watery like my clinique superbalm, yet you can achieve soft and moisturized lips. If you are particular about hygiene, then there's an option of a tube balm in this same flavour. Go try it! Your lips would love you, and perhaps stave off another coffee or chocolate binge :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by trixie88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I'd try one of these again after not liking the Original one or the Strawberry one. I smelled the tester before I bought it and was sold on the true chocolate, coffee & rose scent, but I didn't try any on. I could smell all three notes evenly and they didn't smell artificial either so I was hoping they made an improvement on the formula too. Wrong! Although the back of the tin now says it contains shea butter and white beeswax, you can't miss the petrolatum base (vaseline-like) feel and smell when it's applied. It does a decent job moisturizing and gives my lips a slight gloss, but adds no color at all. The scent lasts about 15 minutes before it's gone or else my nose accomodated to it in that period. Burt's Bees is still the best natural style lipbalm in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by bestjessicaever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm a lot - it tastes and smells amazing, like chocolate marshmallows. It is pretty moisturizing and lasts through the night which is when I use it most. However, what I don't like about it is the packaging. I can't take it anywhere! I left my Strawberry salve from Smith's in my car once and it destroyed some of the upholstery which really aggravated me. I swore I would never use this brand again until I was at Frend's Beauty Supply and happened upon this delicious one. I couldn't resist buying it but it will never, ever leave the house. I wish it came in a tube but I will definitely add the extra lippie if it ever comes out in that format.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

some might say this is expensive fancy vaseline.. i guess it kind of is but i still love it, its alot more moisturising too, vaseline doesnt have shea butter or essential oils! i got it for 4 from ebay. it smells like chocolate, vanilla, and slight coffee (i dont really like coffee but this is a sweet yummy scent) my boyfriend said it smelt of hot chocolate and Starbucks lol, it feels basically like the Lip Therapy Vaseline in the tins but i think its more "jelly" like, less oily and stays on longer. it looks a deep peachy pink but goes on clear. the tin colour/design is SO gorgeous. 4 lippys as it is kind of expensive (& no spf), seein as it has such a simple ingredient list..see my review on the strawberry kind, brambleberry rose & original rose salve :)x

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by mellyanne29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I put it on before going to bed and it definitely keeps my lips moisturized throughout the night. I have seen dramatic results since I started using this about a month ago. My lips look and feel healthier and plumpier. I carry the original Rosebud Salve in my purse and since it is quite shiny, I use it on top of my lipstick for an added shine during the day. I will definitley re-purchase! Very cute packaging too! The price per tin is about $7-9 but it lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by ana_bela

This is going to be a lovely lip balm to apply before bedtime - it's light, moisturizing and smells like hot chocolate. It's like a lightweight vaseline with actual moisturizers in it, and I mean that in a good way.

It would be wonderful for daytime as well, but there's no way I'm carrying this around in my bag. The lid comes off every time I look at it, and it would make an enormous melty mess in the summer even if the lid stayed on.

A great product. But please with the fall-open jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by waffle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my faves. The only thing I don't like is that it smells like chocolate and vanilla, which initially reminded me of high school, when I'd wear chocolate- or vanilla-scented lip balms. But the more I wear it, the more I catch myself thinking, "Yum, what smells so good?" And then I realize it's this balm. So it's growing on me. Anyway, the balm itself is incredibly moisturizing; probably more so than the other Rosebud salves (and I've tried them all). The consistency is similar to the original or mint one, but a wee bit more tacky (although not as waxy as the strawberry one). That tackiness gives it longer staying power, and thus is more moisturizing for me. Absolutely love this balm.