July 23, 2014 | 2061 users online

Sunscreen - Coppertone - Coppertone Water Babies Pure and Simple, Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this today because it was on sale and I had $1 off coupon,ended up being $6 USD. Cheap! I this formula reminds me of Shiseido's spf 60 for face and body, but minus the burn around the eyes. I didnt wait for it to dry, i just dusted over the top with some loose powder (Physicians Formula Airbrushed Loose Powder in Translucent Light) and it looks really nice. Not too matte, but not greasy. I can not tell how much sun protection it is yet, i have not properly tested. I do like the thinner consistancy and the best part about this product is the high Titanium and Zinc Oxides. Love it! Been looking for a decent physical sunscreen that is affordable. All sunscreens make me look greasy, but if i dust with a little mineral make up it sets just fine. I just cant wear black when i dust my arms with the mineral makeup, but i dont really wear black in the summer anyways. Its unusual for me to put a ss that is higher than 30 spf for my face (i dont like so many unnecessary chemicals on my face) but I really need to up my spf game because i am going through a round of glycolic peels and do use retin A.
I hope this keeps me nice and pale, i really like the way it feels and how it doesn't sting my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by LashesNblush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LADIES THAT FRECKLE IN THE SUN! please read

So I recently had some IPL laser treatments done on my face to reverse the signs of sun damage (im only 25 but an extremely prone to freckling on the face) My dermie told me that any SPF i wear needs to be at least 9% Zinc Oxide to prevent sun spots and freckles.

This is the absolute best priced, quality and quantity of 14% zinc oxide sun screen on the market (unless you want to by 1.2 oz of shishedo)

I must admit. It does leave you a bit white, but take the time to completely rub it in and the 'whiteness' will go away - otherwise your left with an ashy appearance. It's a little greasy as well. Generally, I apply, rub in and let it set for a few minutes then blot with a tissue and im good to go.

I would not use this product if I wasn't concerned about freckling.
Its good stuff though, hypo-allergic, non-scented and extremely gentle on the facial skin.

I will buy again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

I just bought this last week because of all the great reviews. I am very fair skinned, so I use sunblock daily and was hoping this would be a good one for my face. Unfortunately this left a really noticeable white cast on my skin due to the physical protection. I put it on and expected it to sink in after awhile. I walked past the mirror half an hour later and still looked like a mime. You can rub it in and that helps some, but as someone else mentioned this lowers the protection factor. Granted, this product is not meant for your face but it made the rest of my skin super white as well. I'm sure this would protect my skin effectively, but I will be looking for something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

The formula for this product is identical to that of Coppertone's Sensitive Skin Lotion SPF 50. I find that this leaves a slight white cast, which I don't mind since my skin is pretty fair. The sunscreen doesn't leave my skin completely matte and isn't too hard to wash off. I'd definitely repurchase this over the Shiseido SPF 55 sunscreen since I'm not too keen on purchasing a separate cleanser just to remove it.
I paid around $10 for a 6 ounce bottle while I paid $35 for a 2 ounce tube of Shiseido's sunscreen. Well, both sunscreens are very effective, I just can't afford to shell out over fifty dollars every time I need a new sunscreen and cleansing oil in college :D

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by miriamleah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I can't vouch for the efficacy of this product for its presumed intended use (e.g., babies in water), I can report that it is not suitable as a sunscreen for an active adult. I'm always looking for effective sunscreens containing a minimum number of chemicals, and thought this might be worth a try. I've now applied this on my neck and arms about a half dozen times within the past few weeks, with repeatedly disappointing results. It sweated off within minutes of me stepping out of the house and ended up leaving greasy white smears on my skin, clothing, and even my dog's fur. Although clearly not sweat-resistant, it has proved to be water and laundry detergent-resistant and I had to purchase a special enzyme-based stain remover to salvage a shirt and a backpack. Needless to say, I've ended my experiment with this sunscreen. Granted, I live where the summers are hot and humid, but the melt factor of this product was ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by fancyfrancie

A MUST for long days at the lake. You will return home as pale as you left. Because of the large % of zinc, you can be pretty sloppy about application and still net lasting protection. I bought this as a cheaper alternative to Shiseido's SPF 50, which also contains 14% zinc oxide. However, the Shiseido stuff is way pricier, way yuckier (very greasy residue), and has a strong, unpleasant fragrance. So Coppertone wins this round.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I know, I know we are supposed to use sunscreen to protect our skin from premature aging everyday. And everything I read says that we should use something with an spf of 30 or higher. So why is it that every facial moisterizer and coverup I find (that is oil free and has spf) only has an spf of 15 or 20?! So I finally accepted that fact that I wasn't going to get enough coverage out of my makeup or moitsterizer. And I found this. It is oil free, fragrance free, dye free, and has spf 50. It is perfect for my sensitve, acne prone skin. I use it under my makeup and it actually makes a nice base for my makeup. Totally recommend to anyone looking for a good facial sunscreen.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by apabbott

I just got back from a major waterpark from 12-5 pm, with no hat, shade, or breaks from the water. I am a very pale girl with blue eyes and blonde hair. I applied one coat when we arrived, and about applied again midway. I was wearing a small monokini and my legs, sides, and back NEVER see the sun(they are ghost white). I can tell you that this protected me all day. It was like wearing a blanket in the sun. Not only did I not burn, I can't even tell I got any sun at all, anywhere on my body. The best part is that it is completely waterproof, so even though I stayed wet on the rides, I never had to worry.

I don't know why I quit using this product 2 years ago. I used it during a visit to the Gulf with my family, and I stayed ghost white that summer, even while being on the beach all day. It can be a little tricky to apply, because it is thick, white, and somewhat difficult to rub in, but it is worth it.

This is going back to being my daily protection. I have been using Banana Boat and with that product my arms still get sun during my daily commute to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by DontStpTheMusic7

Bought this because it was on sale and also because my skin is sensitive. I have to say, I really like this! It goes on smooth and sinks in fast for me, which is good. It's tear free, and also, it makes my skin feel soft, while keeping the usual whiteness I get from sunscreen to a minimum.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by fanaticfringer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this sunscreen due to it's high % of zinc oxide and cost/size. It goes on really nice with little to no whitening effect.
Only to later learn that nano sized zinc oxide (aprox. 20-50nm in particle size), while offering tremendous UVB protection, does not provide good protection in the long UVA wavelength (360-400nm). This is something you will not readily read on the internet and that the many makers of nano zinc oxide would like you to not know about. The info. is out there. Due your research and don't just take my word. I have found one with Z-Cote zinc oxide (20% micronized) that I really love now. Company is called PurplePrairie.