Wella Color Charm White Lady Toner

on 1/15/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After I bleached my hair the first time in over 3 yrs I used this as recommended by the sallys girl. She said it could bring it to a white white and maybe a tiny bit purple. I was excited and tried it out. It's great as a toner to take out the yellow. I bleacher from a natural dark chocolate/black brown color to a light pale yellow/golden. I did bleach it again to make sure the toner got its job done and it took the yellows out now was it white white. Meh it was as white as I could get it. I loved how it looked as it turned purple in my hair while it was on but after rinsing it out it made it look just very very very very pale blond which I didn't mind. After using this I went to wella t14 which gave me the right shade of white I wanted but if you want white from dark hair I recommend this toner first then the t14. I'm not sure how it would look if you mixed both but iv read it can work well mixing both. But this is a good product.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product!
I had dark brown hair 2 months ago and decided I wanted to go platinum blonde. I knew it would take more than one step to get there.
The first was to lighten it to a very light brown/dark dark blonde, anywhere in that range. It was a success.
I kept it that color for 2 months and then bleached it again. It turned out yellow! To be expected but not pretty. So I used this toner on it. It turned out the perfect shade of platinum blonde! It is ashy but not grey or silver. If you leave it on for too long it can though so be careful, mine only needed 5 minutes since it was already light blonde.
It's easy to apply and didn't leave my hair feeling damaged.
Will buy again :)

on 12/2/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

For some people, this is a great toner; for me, not so much. Let me preface by saying that my natural hair is a dark ash blonde, between a level 7 and 8. And it's extremely ashy, so it doesn't pull a lot of warm tones during the bleaching process, just a pale yellow that needs a little toning. T18 is a violet base, which should, in theory, neutralise the yellow into a silver. It didn't. My hair is also extremely coarse and resistant, so processing times are usually double for me. I applied the toner in the same day I bleached, so that my hair would be a little more porous and take to the toner better. I mixed with 20 developer and left on for thirty minutes, and after that it looked sufficiently silver, but when I washed it out it was still yellow and the toner did nothing but dry my hair out.

on 11/1/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like it! My highlight is already 1 year old and with this tonner i ligt maybe 2 tones up my natural beige hair color. Love it. A little drying but good conditioner fix it

on 7/27/2014 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've been using this for a while now and absolutely love it! Completely evened out the tone in my hair. I used the revlon frost & glow highlighting kit in light blonde. Washed as instructed but did not apply conditioner. I mixed and applied the wella toner, left on for about 10-15 minutes and washed out. I love the end result. A beautiful multi-toned blonde! My husband says it looks the best it ever has! Cannot say enough good about this product. I really love it!

on 7/23/2014 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this toner, been using it for years. I bleach my hair first until its light yellow then follow instructions on the box and put the toner all over my hair for around 40 minutes. Comes out beautifully and lasts a long time. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/4/2014 9:07:00 AM

I wanted highlights and I bought this. At first I was a little worried because I thought it would turn my hair white. I wanted champagne color. I mixed it with a 20 developer. I got what I wanted. Turned into subtle champagne color. Will buy again and again.

on 7/2/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This toner is my absolute favorite! I use it sometimes with 20 or 10 volume developer depending on if it want lift with the deposit or just the deposit of the toner. I leave this toner on for only 5-10 minutes depending on the porosity of my hair. I then wash it out with cold water. I wash it twice and then do a conditioning treatment. Sometimes there is a light tint of blue/ Violet but it washes away within the next two washes. I love what this toner does for my ombre hair it blends all the colors together so well!

on 6/26/2014 10:11:00 AM

Well this toner has never worked for me, and I tried it several times over the course of 10 years.
I use it with a 20 vol developer, and leave it on 15-20 minutes (I'm always afraid to leave it on more because my blonde hair turns black with it on so I don't want to have a surprise upon rinsing!). My hair looks just as brassy and yellow as before, just more dry. I'm basically damaging my hair for nothing, which is not cool.

on 5/10/2014 5:19:00 PM

I cannot praise this product enough!I had dark blonde hair and wanted to get it white, so bought L'Oreal extreme platinum box dye, but anticipating some yellowness, bought the Wella color charm T18 shade toner. After applying the platinum, my hair did indeed turn yellow. After rinsing, i mixed one part color charm to 2 parts of 20 volume developer, and applied immediately. Left the product on for 20 minutes, don't be alarmed when it turns violet, that means its working then rinsed and used a good conditioner. The results were brilliant, toned from scarecrow yellow to almost white hair. Achieving pure white hair is near on impossible, but this gets it as close to as you will achieve at home. I will never use another toner again.

Top Rated Wella Products