September 1, 2014 | 1000 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm White Lady Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by pixiegrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have medium brown in a fairly short pixie cut, longer on top, but I had always wanted blonde hair with that pale lavender undertone so I decided I would finally go for it.
I did all my research on bleach and toners, and found this "white lady"** toner kept showing up. Bought it from Sally's with a 20 volume developer and took it home to finally try it out (after bleaching to the palest yellow blonde I could manage). Left it in for less than 5 minutes and rinsed, noticed some patches were white while others were still yellow. Did a second process and left it in for a little over 10 minutes then rinsed, ended up with a fantastically silvery-lavender blonde.
I would recommend this product to anyone wanting to go for that pretty white-blonde tone! Just be sure you've bleached enough and don't have much orange left in, or it won't work properly.

**It's no longer called "white lady"! It's T18 "lightest ash blonde"! Be sure to look or ask for that in the store if you're going to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by nikidan123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used t18 toner with 20 dev.
Left on bleached hair for only FIVE minutes to achieve results. Worked great. Brass ALL GONE. Would use again.

I had previously bleached my hair twice with box bleach.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetgreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A couple of months ago I decided to go back to blonde after having been a dark ash brown/soft black for a few years. I knew this would be a trying (and annoying) process since I've done it before, and was familiar with the various ugly stages hair must go through to be light enough to tone properly. My natural hair color is light brown for reference, but I had layers of dye to strip.
After using color strippers (like Color Oops) and drugstore-variety boxed dyes in the "ash blonde" category for a while I was still stuck with a light orange midsection and yellow roots. I can thank Feria's Platinum line for bringing it up to that last stage. This was the strongest product I used. I would definitely recommend doing it slowly and staying away from straight bleach for as long as possible if you're starting from a dark (dyed) color like I was. Of course, I'm not a professional, I just speak from my own experience.
I then went to Sally's and they recommended the T18 (which I later realized was the White Lady toner I had loved when I was platinum before.) I had my doubts about whether such a light toner could work on my hair since it was still so warm.
This turned my fiery Cyndi Lauper locks into a nice "Nordic" light/medium ash blonde! Just make sure you use 10 Vol. developer for deposit only, you don't need more than that for a toner. Also, as others on here have already mentioned, don't stress out if it turns too grey or purple. You can always shampoo out the excess violet/ash tones later.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by longhairdontcare1992

This is my holy grail hair item. I call it liquid crack! Lol. I cannot say enough amazing things about this product. I've found mixing it with a 20 volume helps lift and deposit a lot better to get all those brassy tones out. This will help with making your roots even with the rest of your hair as like I said it lifts. Also have realized the better quality developer you use, the better results. I've been using it with a Kenra 20.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by BeatrixKidd0

For the love of science, remember to put this sh!t on your head when your hair is damp. I was halfway through when I realized I put it on dry, but luckily I diluted half the bottle with 1 oz of 20v and an 1oz of water. It catches your hair QUICK and I had to rinse immediately after covering my whole head. I washed it four times in the shower and it's nice and white now but I was panicking for a minute as it was looking super greyish purple when wet. My roots stayed a tinge brassy as I screwed up and left them dry and couldn't leave it on longer.

I love purple toners for making my hair platinum. I have really pale yellow hair when bleached and am an 8N naturally. I'd probably still choose my favorite professional toner, Goldwell Colorance 10v, if I could get my hands on it but this will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Prettymommas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well let me start off by saying that I have natural dark brown hair. A couple months ago I decided I wanted to try to go platinum blonde. K so now I bought the bleach and developer 40 and bleached my hair one day (my hair was literally all orange and my roots were yellow) and then the day after that bleached it again because It was publicly embarrassing the one day my hair was orange.. Okay after I bleached the 2nd time it was yellowy and orange at the ends just alot less intense than it was the first time I used t18 wella toner and it turned my roots a medium grey and the ends of my hair where like a ginger color instead of orange after 2 months where I stand now the grayish tone and Ginger roots I notice were getting more brassy again so being that I want platinum blonde today I bleached my hair again since it's been about 2 months since my last bleaching I did my roots first with a 40 developer than washed out used a purple shampoo and my roots were very light yellow almost white so after washing out the bleach I bleached the rest of my hair mixed part 20 dev with part 40 dev because the length of my hair ha been bleached 2 times prior. Ok now I rinsed out the bleach used purple shampoo and then toned with wells t18 this time it left my roots a perfect color I love my roots they are platinum the way I want my hair butttttt, the toner left my ends of my hair PURPLE! So hopefully it washes out it's very noticeable and my husband is making fun of me :( haha... I never experimented like this with my hair also I would like to say that the ends of my hair are so damaged and gummy after the toner it upset me but maybe I just didn't do it right?can Anyone help me with getting thi purple toned hair out!? Thanks

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gave this three chances. My hair was pale yellow blonde. Not orange, literally pale yellow blonde...I should have been perfect for this toner. I wanted the yellow out and to maybe go whitish. I was almost there. I left this toner in for 8 minutes and my hair turned grey. I ended up putting a golden semi on and dealt with it for awhile. A few months later, I tried again, figuring my hair was just porous. 6 minutes, and gray again. This gray wasn't as bad, at least, it faded after a few washes. My friends said the top of my head and bangs looked white. Third try, a few months later. I thought my hair may not have been light enough (It was so light anyway!) so when I did my roots, I lightened up the rest of my head. It was definitely pale pale blonde at this point. Tried the toner for 6 minutes again...it was ugly gross gray and greenish. Obviously my hair was more porous because I had just lightened it the week before, but I hadn't lightened the lengths in years, only the roots. So it didn't get much damage from the process. It was so ugly and it wouldn't wash out. I had to use a color remover a few days later, now I'm stuck putting a neutral blonde semi on it to even the tone out and just deal with having darker than I wanted neutral blonde hair forever, unless I want to go lighter then I'd have to deal with yellow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by peggy1234

I have this in t10 pale blond. I used 20 developer. The directions said 1 part color to 2 parts developer and that is what I did. I left it on 30 minutes as directions recommended. I am very pleased with the color and have no gold or orange undertones. It is perfect and I plan to continue to use this. I bought the product at Sally's. The clerk told me to watch it when it was processing and rinse out when I had my desired color. I am starting to really like coloring my own hair. This has been a good product for me. My hair is soft and healthy and has no signs of any damage from coloring it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Geeverny

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product in combo with T14 for eliminating yellowy discoloration. I have brunette and grey hair bleached to medium-light blonde hair with persistence of grey actually giving a nice highlighted look once toned. To use in this situation, wait about 2 weeks at least after any prior toning/coloring that may have been done and wash well twice with a clarifying shampoo. I skip conditioner at this stage. Dry on medium warm setting until nearly, not bone dry. I then mix 1 part T18, 1 part T14 Wella toners, 4 parts 10 volume developer (to keep the 1:2 ratio). You should not use higher than 10 volume developer for toning even if going for platinum. Your hair is already lightened as far as you want by the toning stage. Just gives needless damage at this point. ALSO using higher than10 volume is why a lot of people are getting poor results. ....it just doesn't deposit the tone well. I used to use 20 and 30 volume and wonder why nothing happened after all that effort! If you only have 20 or 30 volume on hand, dilute the 20 in half with a white (non-sulfate) conditioner (1:1) OR dilute the 30 volume with 2 parts white conditioner (1:2) to get 10 volume. Kind of nice to have the extra conditioner in their anyway.
Hope this helps someone avoid the crazy frustration I went through on this journey.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Thanity

I've been a platinum blonde for a least a year now and I used this toner in the past, but I made the mistake of either putting on my hair dry or leaving it on too long. I recently used this toner again because I figured I was using it wrong but I left it on too long again, my hair turned this flat silver color / gray color with a purple tint and it was terrible. I washed my hair a day later three times with head and shoulders dandruff shampoo original formula and it turned into this gorgeous white blonde color, it's an amazing toner and be sure to use a purple shampoo at least 2-3 times a week to maintain the color.

#UPDATE
Will be adding pictures before washing, and after.