September 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Makeup Brushes - Paula Dorf - Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2003 11:50:00 PM More reviews by roswellrocke

After having a few makeup artists use a brush to apply my foundation with wonderful results, I decided to invest in my own.

I love this brush! It feels like silk on my skin and after repeated washings hasn't lost a single Taklon strand. I have combo skin with some acne scars and this really helps gets the foundation into the nooks and crannies.
It's $35, but a worthwhile investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2003 11:30:00 PM More reviews by rosrey

Fantastic brush!! I chose this over MAC or any other brand because every Paula Dorf brush I've bought have been such excellent quality. This brush is no exception - a definite must have if you want flawless, natural looking foundation. $35 at beauty.com, sephora, select nordstroms.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2003 2:04:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation brush. I was skeptical of using a brush to apply my foundation but ordered this after reading the rave reviews on MUA. It works great and enables me to apply my foundation more evenly. Since I've started using it, I use less foundation with better results. 8-1-03 update: I've lowered my rating from five to three lipsticks because this brush has started falling apart on me. I got it a year ago, but I only began using it regularly at the first of this year. I wash it out gently after each use, and it's held up well until this week, when the fibers started falling out of it. I can't use it now because every time I do I end up with brush fibers all over my face. The brush worked well. I just wish it had held up longer. I plan to replace this brush with another brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2003 4:01:00 AM More reviews by sablouwho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first foundation brush that I tried. I loved the idea of it. When I first got it, I LOVED it. Indeed, it applies foundation in a way that will make you want to throw away your sponges forever!

BUT...

OUCH! After a few days of using this, I realized that it just didn't *feel* too good on my skin. Too scratchy for me, well, not scratchy exactly, but like there was too much pressure on the surface. Just wasn't soft enough. Am I being like the Pprincess and the Pea? Well, yes, of course I am! LOL! But I got worried that using this brush day after day would take a toll and add up to a lot of irritation eventually.

It isn't that this is a bad brush. Rather, I think that this is a decent brush. However, I believe that there are better brushes out there fore less that do as good of a job (if not better) with application, and aren't as hard on your skin, namely the Px foundation brush for $30 and the Trish McEvoy, which is even gentler than the Px on my skin, is only $25.

So, if your skin is at all "sensitive", I suggest that you try them all, pay attention not to just the foundation application (which was good with ALL of these brushes) and see what feels good on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Powhatten

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great brush and does the job perfectly without any problems. It's never lost a hair and rinses clean with a bit of baby shampoo in a minute.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2003 11:26:00 PM More reviews by amyloo121

THIS IS SO SOFT AND FEELS GOOD ON THE SKIN. I HAVE HAD MINE FOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS AND IT IS STILL HOLDING UP. I NEVER THOUGH I WOULD SPEND $35 DOLLARS ON A MAKEUP BRUSH, BUT THIS IS A SOUND INVESTMENT, AS IT APPLIES MAKEUP EVENLY AND SMOOTHLY

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2003 3:38:00 PM More reviews by serobins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't add anything else to the raves that are already here, except to say that this brush is one thing I would choose to save from a shipwreck. I use it every day - it makes people think I don't wear makeup, but they also think I have unbelievably great skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2002 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Maryheather

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this in a swap and I love it! I have always used my fingers to apply foundation, so I didn't think a brush would do a better job, but I was wrong! I found that this brush really gave my foundation a smooth, even finish. Although I haven't tried another brand's foundation brush, I probably never will!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2001 8:38:00 PM More reviews by neb76

I am generally not a fan of makeup brushes. However, I have to say this foundation brush is worth it. It allows for easy application with a smooth finish and no caking or waste of your foundation. It also cleans up quite well. I would recommend this brush if you wish to invest in a high quality foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2001 1:53:00 AM More reviews by luxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Paula Dorf's Foundation Brush is fab. Using a sponge can leave you with streaks and it soaks up half your product that ultimately ends up in the trash. The brush gives you a seamless application that is unbeatable!