Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene.

on 7/2/2013 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this! When I heard about the rumour about mineral oils that can be found in cosmetics I began to search for a lipbalm that hadn't any in it. Thank god I did!

I've used A LOT of lipbalms over the years and this is handsdown my favourite. I also repurchased it a couple of times already. It does a lot for my lips and if applied 3x a day it makes my lips smooth and soft. I don't really care about the peppermintscent and the taste, but I like the little tingling it gives. I also use it over my lipstick if it starts to become really dry and it doesn't bother me for the rest of the day. The fact that burt's bees doesn't test on animals and that the ingedrients are mostly natural is a big plus as well.

The only cons I can think of is the packaging and the consistency. The first few times you open it it's almost impossible to get it done, but my solution for it to just apply a little layer of balm on the sides of the little tin and it won't be a problem anymore. Like some here say the consistency is really hard at first, but it becomes better after an amount of time. Nonetheless, I think the pros outweight the cons and I would definitly repurchase this if I would ran out again.

on 3/13/2013 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I was so excited to try this because of the cute packaging.
But as other reviewers have noted, this lip balm is rock hard, resulting in it being useless.
You can be rubbing at the bloody thing for ages, and still won't be able to get the product out the tub and on your lips properly. It feels like frozen wax to me.
The few times that I persisted and managed to put some on my lips, it just was not moisturising.
Probably the worst lip "balm" I have ever tried.

on 1/28/2013 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am obsessed with this Lip Balm! Just love the cooling, refreshing minty tingle I get when I apply it on my lips. :)

Its got a wonderful natural feeling to it and has a small handful of very good, moisturizing natural ingredients: Coconut oil, beeswax, sweet almond oil, peppermint oil, vitamin E, lanolin, comfrey root extract and rosemary extract.

I love love love the cute little tin!!! :) has a cute old fashioned Bee logo on the top and it fits in my pocket perfectly and lasts forever.. survives washing machines too!

People on here are saying its hard to get the product out with their finger, but when I open a new tin I press down on the product with my finger hard and after that its easy for me to get a decent amount of product.

This product is also great Ive found for fixing eyebrows in place and as a very natural highligher for my cheekbones. For this, I put bronzer directly under my checkbones, blush on my upper cheeks and Burts Bees lipbalm on the top of my cheekbones.. this really makes them stand out! Product also great for cold sores and sore noses through colds. Great multi-purpose beauty product!

Only problem is here in New Zealand this product is expensive, going for NZ $12-13. But honestly I will never use another lipbalm again and this one is simply the best Ive ever used. Their rhubarb lip shimmer I also use and love!

Will repurchase.

Unlike other lipbalms that are contained in tins, this lip balm is very hard (wax-like) and cannot be scooped out by finger or brush (I never tried with a knife or spoon, but I can assure you the texture is very hard). I ended up applying the lip balm directly from the tin. It's also a mediocre lip balm that doesn't do anything for your lips.

on 3/4/2012 3:09:00 PM

This lip balm helped me to get thru an awful case of cold sores on my mouth and the mouth area. As a normal everyday lip balm, it's just ok, but when you have a sore on your mouth it's really soothing.

on 3/4/2012 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used to really love Burt's Bees products. The first thing I tried was this lip balm and I was very impressed at first. I have also tried the stick but I tend to prefer it in a tin.
I don't really know if the formula has changed for it since Burt's Bees was bought out, honestly, because I haven't really bought the product in a long time, but I still do use it occasionally in a pinch when I cannot find my other lip balms.
I was really impressed at first with how the balm felt and that it was natural. I loved the scent and it made my lips feel nice and cool. However, with extended use I noticed that it actually seemed to dry my lips out even worse, especially in the winter. I have very, very chapped lips in the winter and few balms can help, however, most don't actually make my lips worse. Another downside, there's no SPF which means I can't really safely use it by itself in the summer, anyway.
For someone that doesn't have terribly dry or chapped lips, this balm might work just fine, however, I myself greatly prefer EOS balms and SoftLips balm.

on 11/14/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Was looking at burt's lip products, looking for balms that contains peppermint (I love the smell and feeling of it) and I found it! My first product from burts bees is their lip shimmer in rhubarb (read my review on it!) and this is equally good :) was contemplating between this and smith minted rose but I decided to try this first!

- Cute packaging! I love the little bumble bee
- all natural ingredients - what's worse than eating harmful chemicals?
- price is more reasonable than lip shimmer (SGD8 vs SGD15)
- easy to apply (unless your fingers are dirty)
- strong minty smell and sensation- peppermint (LOVE FOR THIS)
- very moisturizing
- small and handy, occupies little space since it's quite flat
- clean packaging - no gross balm at the side whatsoever

- can be difficult to open sometimes

Many people have problem with getting product out of it, what I do is when it's new, I apply by scraping a little off with the back of my nail, put it on my lips then smear it around. Once you've done so with the first layer of the balm, it should be easy to get the product on your finger in the subsequent applications! Though I think I might still need my nail when I reach the bottom of the tin, but I'm okay with it. Definitely will repurchase! :)

[EDIT] Apparently I'm allergic to this, and it makes my lip develop rashes all around, i really like it though :( I'll be giving it to my mum since she doesn't have any allergic reactions to this product. Will recommend, but i won't repurchase :(

on 6/17/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I absolutely can't live without my Burt's Bees tin. Like other reviewers I've tried a million lipbalms, with Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment coming a close second. This one doesn't feel sticky and I never get sick of the scent - which is a natural pepperminty smell - like I do with artificially flavoured balms like Chapsticks. I also don't feel like I need to reapply it every 5 seconds as with some others as well. I think it's because all the ingredients in it are natural.

It seems a lot of people have had trouble getting the product out of the tin. I've found that when the balm is new it has kind of a wax crust over the top. Once you break through it, it's a lot easier to get the balm out.

Plus I think the little tin with the bee on it is cute. I could probably rave about this balm for days.

on 6/15/2011 8:08:00 AM

This type and the honey lipbalm are my all time favourites, after searching endlessly for a lipbalm that actually seals the lips again licking without irritating ingredients (petroleum doesnt sit well with my lips) this was a great suprise. Currently have 2 tubes and a tin on the go and love it, would definitely keep buying again and again =)

on 5/22/2011 9:13:00 AM

I use 2 dehumidifiers non stop to control mold growth... as a result my lips become chapped quickly...tried this one because I was shopping and my lips were cracked... this is THE best lip balm ive use... not greasy nor too shiny like you find with petroleum based balms... far better than chapstick type products... no overpowering fragrance

Popular Lip Treatments