December 22, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

This lip balm helped me to get thru an awful case of cold sores on my mouth and the mouth area. As a normal everyday lip balm, it's just ok, but when you have a sore on your mouth it's really soothing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by annielynnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to really love Burt's Bees products. The first thing I tried was this lip balm and I was very impressed at first. I have also tried the stick but I tend to prefer it in a tin.
I don't really know if the formula has changed for it since Burt's Bees was bought out, honestly, because I haven't really bought the product in a long time, but I still do use it occasionally in a pinch when I cannot find my other lip balms.
I was really impressed at first with how the balm felt and that it was natural. I loved the scent and it made my lips feel nice and cool. However, with extended use I noticed that it actually seemed to dry my lips out even worse, especially in the winter. I have very, very chapped lips in the winter and few balms can help, however, most don't actually make my lips worse. Another downside, there's no SPF which means I can't really safely use it by itself in the summer, anyway.
For someone that doesn't have terribly dry or chapped lips, this balm might work just fine, however, I myself greatly prefer EOS balms and SoftLips balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Scarlethreads

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Was looking at burt's lip products, looking for balms that contains peppermint (I love the smell and feeling of it) and I found it! My first product from burts bees is their lip shimmer in rhubarb (read my review on it!) and this is equally good :) was contemplating between this and smith minted rose but I decided to try this first!

Pros:
- Cute packaging! I love the little bumble bee
- all natural ingredients - what's worse than eating harmful chemicals?
- price is more reasonable than lip shimmer (SGD8 vs SGD15)
- easy to apply (unless your fingers are dirty)
- strong minty smell and sensation- peppermint (LOVE FOR THIS)
- very moisturizing
- small and handy, occupies little space since it's quite flat
- clean packaging - no gross balm at the side whatsoever

Cons:
- can be difficult to open sometimes

Many people have problem with getting product out of it, what I do is when it's new, I apply by scraping a little off with the back of my nail, put it on my lips then smear it around. Once you've done so with the first layer of the balm, it should be easy to get the product on your finger in the subsequent applications! Though I think I might still need my nail when I reach the bottom of the tin, but I'm okay with it. Definitely will repurchase! :)

[EDIT] Apparently I'm allergic to this, and it makes my lip develop rashes all around, i really like it though :( I'll be giving it to my mum since she doesn't have any allergic reactions to this product. Will recommend, but i won't repurchase :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by candiello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely can't live without my Burt's Bees tin. Like other reviewers I've tried a million lipbalms, with Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment coming a close second. This one doesn't feel sticky and I never get sick of the scent - which is a natural pepperminty smell - like I do with artificially flavoured balms like Chapsticks. I also don't feel like I need to reapply it every 5 seconds as with some others as well. I think it's because all the ingredients in it are natural.

It seems a lot of people have had trouble getting the product out of the tin. I've found that when the balm is new it has kind of a wax crust over the top. Once you break through it, it's a lot easier to get the balm out.

Plus I think the little tin with the bee on it is cute. I could probably rave about this balm for days.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by missusmona

This type and the honey lipbalm are my all time favourites, after searching endlessly for a lipbalm that actually seals the lips again licking without irritating ingredients (petroleum doesnt sit well with my lips) this was a great suprise. Currently have 2 tubes and a tin on the go and love it, would definitely keep buying again and again =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by mforest

I use 2 dehumidifiers non stop to control mold growth... as a result my lips become chapped quickly...tried this one because I was shopping and my lips were cracked... this is THE best lip balm ive use... not greasy nor too shiny like you find with petroleum based balms... far better than chapstick type products... no overpowering fragrance

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Lemontree23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find it a little hard to get enough on my finger to put on my lips, but well. I like this. It's a tingly cooling sensation, when you put in on. The peppermint smell is great. And it's all natural, which I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by beaumamselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite lipbalms! I love the minty flavour, the scent and how well it works on my lips, even in the harsh winter. The little tin with the bee is adorable! I recommend this to people whose lips chap easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by bornwithitbeauty

I've tried ALOT of lip balms in my lifetime and this has to be one of the best. It moisturizes my lips well and I don't have to keep reapplying! It tingles when you first put it on your lips and it has a strong mint scent. Some people complain that they don't like the packaging, but I love the packaging! I always seem to lose the regular tube lip balms but I have never lost this one. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by annielj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Badly allergic to this lip balm!!! First time ever. After I used this for 2 or 3 days, my lips became swelled up, small blisters all over my lips. Took me one week to heal after I didn't use it.