April 19, 2014 | 1781 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by candiello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely can't live without my Burt's Bees tin. Like other reviewers I've tried a million lipbalms, with Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment coming a close second. This one doesn't feel sticky and I never get sick of the scent - which is a natural pepperminty smell - like I do with artificially flavoured balms like Chapsticks. I also don't feel like I need to reapply it every 5 seconds as with some others as well. I think it's because all the ingredients in it are natural.

It seems a lot of people have had trouble getting the product out of the tin. I've found that when the balm is new it has kind of a wax crust over the top. Once you break through it, it's a lot easier to get the balm out.

Plus I think the little tin with the bee on it is cute. I could probably rave about this balm for days.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by missusmona

This type and the honey lipbalm are my all time favourites, after searching endlessly for a lipbalm that actually seals the lips again licking without irritating ingredients (petroleum doesnt sit well with my lips) this was a great suprise. Currently have 2 tubes and a tin on the go and love it, would definitely keep buying again and again =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by mforest

I use 2 dehumidifiers non stop to control mold growth... as a result my lips become chapped quickly...tried this one because I was shopping and my lips were cracked... this is THE best lip balm ive use... not greasy nor too shiny like you find with petroleum based balms... far better than chapstick type products... no overpowering fragrance

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Lemontree23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find it a little hard to get enough on my finger to put on my lips, but well. I like this. It's a tingly cooling sensation, when you put in on. The peppermint smell is great. And it's all natural, which I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by beaumamselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite lipbalms! I love the minty flavour, the scent and how well it works on my lips, even in the harsh winter. The little tin with the bee is adorable! I recommend this to people whose lips chap easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by bornwithitbeauty

I've tried ALOT of lip balms in my lifetime and this has to be one of the best. It moisturizes my lips well and I don't have to keep reapplying! It tingles when you first put it on your lips and it has a strong mint scent. Some people complain that they don't like the packaging, but I love the packaging! I always seem to lose the regular tube lip balms but I have never lost this one. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by annielj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Badly allergic to this lip balm!!! First time ever. After I used this for 2 or 3 days, my lips became swelled up, small blisters all over my lips. Took me one week to heal after I didn't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite lip balm, and I've tried A LOT. It seems kind of hard when you first open the tin and find this wax cake, but it spreads easily and melts into your lips. It provides a lot of moisture without slathering on a thick coat, and it keeps lips moisturized for a long time. It's great for the dry winters we've been having in the northeast.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by bradleyscat

I could hardly get any product out of the tin because it was so hard and dry. I ended up having to scoop the stuff out which was tedious. When it was on my lips it disnt feel very moisturizing..Waste of $3, you're better off buying some good ol Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AllTheTrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have 4 of these all at once (purse, nightstand, make up bag, and a floater lol ) . This lip balm is the most effective I've tried, really moisturizing and healing immediately and long-term. Some chapsticks make your lips feel like they "need" more after a few hours, but not this one. I can put it on in the morning, and if I for some reason don't have any around all day, I can just lick my lips and it seems like some of the wax is still there working.

There's a strOng mint smell and tingly feeling when you put it on, but I love that. The ingredients are natural and not harmful, so it makes me feel good about the company and about what's ultimately being absorbed into my body.

I've even used this in situations where I have no toothbrush around to make my breath smell better- the mint is thAt strong smelling :p , but it's a clean, fresh smell so I don't think anyone would be bothered by it.

In my lifetime, I've probably purchased about 50 of these tins, and I've only had one tin that was nearly impossible to open. I like the packaging because they're sturdy and portable- even when I'm out hiking and it's hot, the wax gets softer but doesn't melt runny or leak.