October 22, 2014 | 2011 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights Mascara in Black Ruby for Green Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Unicorn14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know why everyone's hating on this mascara. It's fantastic! As advertised, I've never gotten a single clump with the brush(I've been using this daily for about a month now). I wouldn't say that it makes my eyes look greener, but it still does plenty for my eyelashes. With two coats, my lashes look longer, darker, and thicker, while still looking natural(which is a bonus). Yes, it doesn't do exactly what the package says, but I'm still pretty happy with it. I'd totally buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I came really close to giving this five stars, but I can't. The color just isn't what I wanted it to be. "Black Ruby" looks like such a promising name for a color! What I got instead was more coppery brown. It's a nice enough color, but not as red/plum as I was hoping for. I've gotten bored with brown mascara, and black mascara looks too fake on my lashes for my taste.

That said, this mascara has a few things going for it. People either love or hate the flexible plastic brush; I love it. I get fewer mascara mishaps and less goopiness with it.

It's also surprisingly mild for those of us who wear contact lenses. I bought this because it was on sale, so I thought that if my eyes reacted horribly (like they do for pretty much any mascara I've tried that's not Almay or Physician's Formula) I wouldn't be out too much money. My eyes didn't react, and I was able to wear the mascara all day. Plus, it was very easy to wash off.

Also, though the color is not what I was expecting, it does look nice on blonde lashes. It's brown, but it's a coppery brown instead of just dark brown. The coppery color actually compliments my eyes nicely.

In short, the color's not what I hoped for, but it's not awful, and the formula is pretty good. I'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by tkkana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is definately not the most exciting mascara i've ever tried. this is simply a decent one. i use it most days for the work-safe look. it does add length, no volume. and two coats does not produce those dreaded spider lashes.
i was hoping for a color close to the description on the bottle..either black with maybe some lovely hints of red. got neither. it's a brown. (cover girl you need to fire the person that does the descriptions.)
would i buy again? no.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I generally like this mascara. It's nice for everyday use without having the going out/over the top lashes. The color works well with my eyes and the formula isn't bad. It's doesn't irritate my eyes whatsoever, which tends to happen with a lot of mascaras. I don't think I'd buy this again, as it's not amazing, but I have used up the whole bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Formula: It's okay. You can only see the sparkle it has in the sunlight. I never noticed it bringing out my eye color. Didn't really do anything besides coat my lashes.

Container: It's okay. I don't like nor dislike it. I do have to say that I don't like the brush because it's plastic. I don't feel like it dispersed the formula as well as an old school one would have.

Final words: I wouldn't buy this again or recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by xoel4everlife14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It was pretty good for it's $8 price.
it didnt clump, and it defined my lashes pretty well. it didnt exactly bring my green eyes out, but it's great for a natural look, or school look.
i would buy it again for the "au naturale" barely there, naturally beautiful look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mbelcher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like using this on my lower lashes. it doesn't give much length. overall i love this mascara for jus my bottom lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by shelbythezebra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I see a lot of bad comments on here, but I have to disagree. I really like this mascara. It's not perfect, but it does what it's supposed to do, in my opinion. This mascara gives my lashes nice definition without the clumping that I get from many other mascaras. The color is called black ruby, and it's a lighter color that can appear brown on the brush, but when it's on my eyelashes, the color does complement my green eyes. It's a good mascara if you're not looking for much volume, and I use this when I want a more natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by LexiLovesCheer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I actually use this as a "primer" mascara. It's actually a really good mascara, i have NEVER seen a clump with this, ever, which is very impressive. I have long and lots of lashes, but I need more volume and color since they're lighter (im blonde) anyways, this lengthens and gives me a little more volume, as well as seperates too. another plus is that i use it on my bottom lashes and it doesn't smear! it's also good for getting the lashes on the inner eye.
All that being said, Im not too sure about making my eyes look greener. I think it does help a little, but no huge effect, but my eyes are very green anyways so im not too shattered.
after this i use Neutrogena Healthy Volume just because this doesn't give me enough dramatic effect, but is still a great mascara!
+no icky smell, and nooo clumps :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by elleLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually like this mascara, despite how it fails to achieve what is intended. I find the colours are bland, kind of a muddy dark gray, with small hints of tone, and almost non-existent sparkles. If you don't want dark blacks this isn't bad though, it looks decent on. But this doesn't "brighten" your eyes in any way I can tell.
However, I like the bush, I like how it applies, (not so much the first few uses it was a bit thick, too much comes on the brush)
For me this lasts all day, it doesn't clump, it doesn't smudge in the slightest, and the waterproof version stays perfect when wet.
It adds slight volume, and not much length, but it doesn't have much troubles so I still like it.