October 22, 2014 | 1868 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by nouvelle123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this mascara because i had a purple one from maybelline and it was amazing for my eyelashes so i thought i would get a waterproof one and it would be an upgrade.
the packaging is nice in yellow and teal and the brush is okay too. Terrible smell but you have to hold it close to your nose to actually smell it.
It did lengthen my lashes and added volume, I'm not sure what the technique to apply this is. But it makes my lashes too clumpy for my liking and glues them together. Will curl for around an hour or so and then it my lashes just go straight.
It itches a little bit I guess but i didnt get any flaking or raccoon eyes with this. However it is tough to get off and I usually have raccoon eyes in the morning even after removing it at night.
I won't recommend because I know there are better mascaras out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by okaty

I love this! This is my everyday mascara, i have quite short and straight lashes so i curl them and put this mascara on and it holds the curl perfectly! And the mascara survived loads of sessions of crying or walking through the rain without smudging that much, my lashes just aren't curled by then anymore. It costs a little less than 8€ here so it's a really good price. Only contra i have is that it smudges on the bottom lashes after a while, i have really short bottom lashes and i'm always using another one for them. So all in all it's a GREAT mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by violetsky88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara; it gives me volume, length, and holds a curl. I get it in 'Glam Black', which is jet black. It goes on fairly smoothly with a few clumps here and there but some brushing it around helps and i have yet to find any mascara that is completely clump-free. It dries to a somewhat waxy feeling; it's neither soft or crunchy. It has a hold that lasts all day and for full removal you will need makeup remover or oil (coconut or olive oil works great); though my face wash can remove a significant amount if i'm feeling especially lazy. Price is awesome, $5.99 US dollars.
This is my HG mascara and would buy again, again, annnnd again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

This mascara is sooo awesome! I've tried many mascaras (high end, drugstore, Japanese brands, etc), and this one is definitely the best. I have short lashes, but this mascara really opens my eyes up and lengthens/thickens lashes (it is, however, a bit clumpy). The wand is different from any that I've previously seen; a much finer comb to get to each lash to prevent the spider-y look and excess clumping. If you use with a lash curler, makes a huge, dramatic difference. Very easy to remove as well (I use Body Shop chamomile eye makeup remover).

I've heard from multiple friends with similar lashes to use Maybelline for mascara, and I was admittedly skeptical/reluctant, but now I can definitely understand the hype.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I typically don't go for waterproof mascara, but I was going on vacation and wanted to be able to hop in the water whenever I wanted without worrying about my makeup (I pretty much wore nothing but mascara the whole trip, so this product was the only thing I had to worry about). I have to say, for a waterproof mascara, this really impressed me. I generally find waterproof mascaras to be super dry, hard to build, and they make my lashes look and feel kind of crunchy. I had most of those issues with this, but this made my lashes look awesome, so I put up with it.
The formula of this is on the drier side, which some people like, but I personally prefer my mascaras to be a little more wet. (But although the formula is pretty dry, this doesn't actually dry out too quickly...I used this a few times a week for a good 4ish months before I needed to toss it.) This is dry to the point that you need to work quickly and build each coat right after the last one. If you wait too long, the mascara will already be kind of hardened onto your lashes and it won't really build. Although this made my lashes feel very stiff, they didn't look crunchy. One coat gave a pretty natural effect and just boosted my volume quite a bit and gave a little length. I generally put on two coats which gave lots of volume, good length, and also nice definition and separation. I like big, bold lashes, and this definitely delivered.
This stuff is really waterproof -- I never had it run, even in the water, and it never smudged or flaked off on me. It's super hard to get this stuff off (another reason I generally stay away from waterproof mascara). You will definitely need a waterproof eye makeup remover. Pond's Cold Cream worked the best at getting this off for me. Even some of the popular oil-based eye makeup removers didn't totally remove this, and I'd wake up in the morning with leftover mascara smudged all over my eyes. So if you need something seriously budge-proof, this is awesome.
While I really liked the results, I wouldn't purchase this in the waterproof formula again. I'm planning on picking up the non-waterproof version, and I hope I like that even more!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ChanelLove07

This is a really good mascara for Asian stick straight lashes that is difficult to keep a curl. The picture does look different to the one I use. Mine is a yellow tube with purple writing.
After curling my lashes and applying this, it separates my lashes and gives length and volume without clumping. I bought my second tube and will be repurchasing. Just make sure you get waterproof because it holds the curl much better. I use ponds cold cream to remove it and comes off easily without tugging. Love it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lborkowski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far this is the best drugstore mascara I have used...however, I use it on my upper lashes only and use Covergirl Lash Blast waterproof on my lower lashes (the CG is wayyyy too difficult to remove on my upper lashes and I've lost a lot of lashes taking it off). I have have short, straight asian lashes which are very difficult to work with...but using cold pressed castor oil has made them much longer and fuller so when I curl and use this mascara it makes me look like I have falsies! I pinch my curler firmly (but not too tight) for at least 20 seconds and use my hair dryer on med/cool for a few seconds to hold the curl.

I would rate this 5 lippies if it wasn't as clumpy...but I just use an old pair of tweezers to separate and pinch lashes that are either clumpy or out of place. Removing this is easy for me using Pond's cold cream and gently rubbing my lashes between the pads of my thumb and index fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

Best Mascara ever . I get it in black and I love it so much that I always have to go to the store each month to buy a brand new one . I use it everyday . I LOVE IT !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by charchar5

Love this mascara. Adds mega volume that stays all day. Does tend to clump at the tips of each lash if you don't comb the brush through. Easily removed with aquaphor. My current go to mascara for volume along with The Rocket for length.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Milly17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

like this mascara and im fussy when it comes to them. lengthening and volumizing. good stuff!