October 23, 2014 | 1170 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Sun Shimmer Shimmering Maxi Bronzer (ALL)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

I have a fleeting relationship with this product, I really do love it during the summer months. I have yellow undertones to my skin, and this seems to be the most believable color that I've found in a while. I got this on sale for maybe $7, and there is a TON of product. There's nothing great about the packaging, pretty average looking.

As for the actual bronzer, I have sun queen. The top layer holds most of that scary amount of gold shimmer you see, but that's gone after the first couple uses. The product underneath has a slight shimmer-- it's much less intimidating than the top layer.

I've used this everywhere, my face, on tan lines, and most recently to help disguise my self tanner nightmare! If I ever run out of this, I would re-purchase, though I have a feeling that they'll probably stop making it first.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by janjarang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The sparkley on the top layer didn't last for the whole bronzer so it didn't give the shimmering effect as it claimed (one lippy off). Anyhow, it is very nice as a bronzer, good for face contouring, and also works as a face blush esp. during summer (maybe 'cause I have a tan skin tone). It's cheap and lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by casutton1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I say, yeah I'll buy it again, but I probably won't have to because it lasts forever!!
I can't even imagine the jersey shore cast running out.
I love it, it's not too orange for my fair skin, and it blends really well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by olivialaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

From all the great reviews I've read on this product I went out to buy it full of hope. However, I did not get along with it at all. Possibly it was just my skin tone not agreeing with the brand, as I've never word Rimmel products on my face before, but it broke me out a little and I found I had to use quite a lot to get enough colour to make it at all noticable.
However, the product was incredibly cheap, and as for the amount they give you I'll be bringing this on holiday with me for a quick fix. I have to say though, after it runs out I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

This bronzer is absolutely huge! i love this! i have mine in sun queen. the shimmer layer is only a spray of gold. but after its all gone it turns out to be like a matte bronzer with (very little) tiny and super fine shimmers. it comes out matte though. you get 17g of product and im in love. it can look orangy on some people but over i love this product! the price is amazing 7 dollars? the packaging is ordinary. i would buy this again. i made the tinest dent so far. this thing is huge. (;

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by makeuplab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this product way to orangey!! im usually pretty tan and it makes me look orangey! the best brown bronzer is wet n wild in princess!! OMG its amazing

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I own a couple of these. One of them fell on hardwood and smashed inside the packaging. The pieces are all still inside the container but the application doesn't go on as evenly as the one that is still in tact. So, be careful while handling! Next, the "shimmer" is only on the top layer. Once the shimmer is gone, it's gone. That may be a good thing for some people; however, I personally liked the shimmer on the top layer and would've liked to have seen it consistently throughout the product. Nonetheless, it's still a very nice bronzer. I really like the colour it gives me. It's not orange-y at all, definitely a natural looking glow.

Rimmel tests their products on animals, so I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by jennifershih

i bought this a long time ago because i needed a bronzer and the packaging was sooo cute. the price was alright i forgot how much but in canada makeup is always sold for more expensive than the states. anyway, i dont know if its just mine but it looks really orange in the package!! i used it a few times before maybe i put too much on but my friend said i look orange-y. i think it is too warm for my skin but im not sure. im an NC40 in MAC so i think i should go for a cool tone bronzer? NYC sunny bronzer is good for me though

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Preciosajade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THiS PRODUCT!
I GO TANNiNG BUT i ALSO USE A PRODUCT FOR PIMPLES IN MY FACE THAT iS PRETTY STRONG AND iT BLEACH MY FACE SO MY FACE iS WHiTE AND THiS BRONZER iS JUST AMAZiNG, iTS THE PERFECT COLOR, iT DOESNT MAKE YOU ORANGE.. AWW i LOVE iT i WiLL ALWAYS BUY iT

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by WishDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

REally HUGE PRODUCT! its about the size of a palm but it pretty cheap. the shimmers are gorgeous but come off after the first two uses but still continues to be a good bronzer after i run out im going to come back for more!