October 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Mascara - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by GlamGirl80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BEST mascara ever!!

I had been trying for many, many months to find the best mascara. Finally I found Josie Maran's mascara! I am thrilled. Other mascaras left my lashes very dry, brittle, and clumpy. This is the first one I have found that leaves them soft and not clumpy at all. It glides on very smooth, and my lashes look great!
I highly recommend this mascara to anyone who feels their mascara leaves their lashes dry, brittle and clumpy. If you want soft, smooth lashes, this is the mascara for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaLark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't expect miracles.
Don't expect dramatic length or volume with just one coat.
Do expect a nice, lash darkening mascara that leaves lashes soft without flaking (although this mascara can smudge on hot humid days) or too much clumping.
I have naturally long lashes and I find that I can get some added length and volume out of 2-3 coats of this pricey organic mascara.
I do like that my lashes seem softer and less prone to fall out with Josie Maran's sleek-packaged mascara. Did I mention I adore the packaging?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by celticrose

I understand why some people might not like this mascara. It's really natural and as natural mascaras go, they don't necessarily give the same effect as say Diorshow or Lancome mascaras. That being said, I really love it because I've completely switched to natural cosmetics now and I'm never going back to the regular stuff. I use it on all my clients and on myself (along other natural products), and it works great. The only trick is to be patient and build volume as you layer it. It holds a curl really well too - actually better than all the best mascaras I've tried because it doesn't weight down the lashes. Honestly, it's all in the techniques as opposed as the products only.

I'd say, give it a try but don't have crazy expectations. It's a natural product and should be compared to others in its field and not to all the chemical ones out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad I didn't buy this on its own; it came as part of the Earth Day set which allowed me the fun of testing out several products at once for less.

What does this mascara really do? Well, seems to me that its description should be: "nourishes and defines". It doesn't lengthen, curl, or volumize; it doesn't even separate really well. The colour also seems to disappear by the end of the day (or leaks around the eye causing the dreadid dark circles).

This product, like several of JM's products, is a great idea in theory: it may work well for a few hours in a day, but fails to really deliver. It's a shame, too, because the ingredients are the nicest I've ever brought on my lashes.

Here's what I'll do with this: I'll keep using it for basic, daily looks when there's nothing especially special for me to look great for; I WON'T use it on my bottom lashes and I'll pat the surrounding eye area with a trancluscent powder to minimize the racoon effect; I'll also carry around q-tips in my MUbag to remove any smudges throughout the day.

So at least it's not a total loss.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Buppers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this mascara, but it's kind of a pain to get it to not flake into my eyes. I have to make extra sure my lashes are clean and dry before applying this, or there will be some fallout at the end of the day, occasionally getting in my eye. Not Fun.
It doesn't dramatically define the lashes, either.
For the price it should be great, but it just isn't.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. I love trying new mascaras and I love the quality of a lot of the other products in this line so I wanted to give this a shot. But aside from the lovely packaging and nourishing aspect of the argan oil, this has no redeeming qualities. It is an extremely wet formula that takes at least a few minutes to dry, and even then it never seems fully settled. The instant I applied this to my lower lashes it smeared all over my lower lid simply because my lashes naturally rest against the skin. Same thing with the upper lashes when I blinked. There was no lengthening, no thickening, and my curl completely disappeared. All this seems to do it coat the lashes in a color. That would be fine for certain occasions when I'm looking for a natural effect, but it's not even a pretty natural look. All my lashes clumped together in little wet bunches. Even after combing they still gravitate together because this is just won't dry. At the risk of sounding repetitive...the smearing is unbelievable. I looked like a smeared, droopy lashed mess. Impossible to work with and I washed it off immediately. I'm going to return this to Sephora.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this for free from work and was looking forward to trying it, but eck. Not for me. You really have to work to get good looking lashes but it generally clumps. No go.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This came in a holidait set I bought from Sephora and was hoping that this would be my go-to natural looking mascara for a no makeup day. This might be nurishing for your lashes but it really doesn't do much for my lashes. Maybe a little definition but nothing else. That would be OK but the worst part about this mascara is the nasty racoon eyes within an hour. And I don't wear mascara on my lower lashes! I never bother with a WP mascara and haven't really ever had a problem with any other mascara smudging. Till now.

I love your products and philosophy, Josie, but this doesn't do a thing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Perkup1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara in a set at Sephora called the Josie Maran Moroccan Holiday Collection which came with a mini Argan oil and 2 lip glosses. This 1st day I wore the mascara, it smeared badly. I thought that it might have been because of the heavy hand I used when I applied the argan oil all over my face, including under my eyes. Day 2. I apply the mascara, no argan oil on my face, and run out the door. I never check my eyes. 4 hours later I go to lunch. The waitress takes my order and stops me and says, your eyes look great today! I say thank you. As I am leaving the restaurant the waitress stops me and says, what mascara is that? It really makes your eyes look incredible! She has just sealed the deal for me. I love the mascara! But when I get home, I see that once again, the mascara has traveled down my face and given me raccoon eyes. Day 3. Today. I apply the mascara lovingly. I see that it is a very wet mascara. It's a dark rich black. It lengthens my lashes. It separates my lashes. To put it simply... they look long and black and wet and glossy. I LOVE the way this mascara makes my lashes look. With that said, hours later, it smeared. It must be because of the oils in it. I said that I wouldn't buy this again, but I am on the fence. It might be worth it. It conditions and lengthens lashes, it's paraben and fragrance free and contains organic ingredients like Jojoba oil, Argan oil and Beeswax. It doesn't clump, but it smears. It has no Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrance
- Synthetic Dye
- Phthalates. Comes in black and brown and is $22.
Ingredients: White Beeswax*, Carnauba Wax**, Polyisobutene, Isododecane, Propylene Carbonate, Quaternium-18, Hecorite, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Isoeicosane, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil*, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinenesis (Jojoba) Oil*, Linseed Oil*, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol. May Contain: Iron Oxides**, Black Iron Oxides**, Mica**.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by heartmeetsleeve

I really love Josie Maran's cosmetic line, and this mascara fulfilled my expectations. It makes my wimpy lashes look full, long, and soft (I think it's because of the argan and jojoba oils). I love it!