July 29, 2014 | 1859 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Wild Shine - Kaleidoscope

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I believe this polish was made to be used as a topcoat. And for that purpose it works FANTASTIC! The glitter has a lovely holo effect and I like the two small sizes of circular glitter. They look like little dots of holo on the nail, really cute. I was also impressed with the smooth-ness of the glitter. I applied this over three coats of Wet 'n Wild Craze - Jade and my regular topcoat (Seche Vite), and you can hardly tell the glitter is on top because it's so smooth. Dry time was excellent as well. I'll definitely buy this again, for such a cheap price this is a must for anyone who loves fun manicures.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by BDefined

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

one of my favorites! of course the price (usually $1) intices anyone to try it. looks pretty over both bright and deep colors. has larger glitter flecks than the average glitter topcoat, which makes it more youthful and funky. i am very pleased with it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by TinkleWinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just you basic glittery top coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by entreprentice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an inexpensive glitter polish to experiment with and this fit the bill! At only $0.99 it's a great bargain, however I agree with some of the reviewers that the glitter chunks are larger than normal, I'm not sure if I like that or not, we'll see!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This looked great in the bottle, but trying to apply it in an even-ish layer over my nails was impossible because it's so sparse w/ the glitter. it took many layers to get it even, and once it was on it just didn't flash different colors like it did in the bottle no matter what kind of light I was in. I've pretty much loved all the other Mega Shine's I've tried, and this isn't awful, but it's not good either. you could easily find something similar that works better in the same price range.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by nast1a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to give it a bad review, but I really don't like it. It's sparkly only under some angles, otherwise it looks just like silver blobs, very strange. The sparkles are very big and sparse. Not pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Kandyse

Theres not much I can add to what the other reviewers have said. It is awesome especially since I paid just 60 cents for it!!! I dont know how to add pics but I came up with a nail look to really showcase this nail polish. First I painted vertical stripes of rainbow colors. I used to a pretty lime green w/ a hint of blue shimmer,a shimmery turquoise, a metallic "y'' purple, a medium shimmery pink, and finally a neon orange. I applied the stripes while the previous stripe was still wet for optimal blending. I let my nails dry then applied 2 thin coats of a gorgeous white pearl. Let nails dry and finally applied a coat of kaleidoscope then top coat! OMG it looks so hot I really wish I can post a pic but you should definitely try it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great holographic rainbow-colored glitter nailpolish (clear polish base). The glitter effect of this polish makes it very aptly named. I love adding this polish on top of other colored polish to give my manicure more oomph or a new funky, playful look. The colorful sparkliness is bold & shows up easily in 1 or 2 coats. More coats give it more glittery punch! Only 99 cents @ local drugstore. Can't go wrong. Packaging is great too & easy to work with (long rectangular bottle, decently long-handled cap). Definitely an item to have in my manicure collection.
BTW has anyone tried making their own glitter nailpolish by buying a vial of loose makeup glitter & adding it to a bottle of clear polish or a bottle of glitter polish to kick up the glitter intensity? It's something I'm planning to try......

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was in search of a good 'blingy'(god how I hate that word) glitter polish & picked this up for $1 at Wally World. That's my hand in the picture, and I have on about 7-8 coats there. The picture doesn't do this polish any justice at ALL. I'll try to take a better pic because in real life it's so sparkly it's actually distracting! It takes a LOT of coats to achieve even partial opacity with this polish but it's worth it. My fingers could light up a room with this stuff :D

The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is simply because it takes so many coats. They should have put more glitter in it. That can most likely be remedied by starting out with a good silver base coat though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Muuttaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Kaleidoscope is a sparkly silver multicolor glitter nail polish. You get a lot of flash with this polish for a very low price (99 cents). I'll admit this was an impulse buy, but it single-handedly got me back into wearing nail polish after being on a "natural nails" kick for a long time. I saw the pretty silver sparkles (oooh shiny!) and knew I had to get it, since when I wear polish, it's always a glitter polish.

After preparing my nails with a sanding block, I apply 2 coats, and the result is fabulously glittery. It stays put, unchipped for weeks on end. Although this glitter polish doesn't chip easily, it's not tough to remove like some glitter polishes (I'm looking at you, NYC Starry Silver Glitter!) A bit of rubbing with a cotton ball and acetone is all you need to get every speck of glitter off your nails in just a few minutes.