Smashbox High Definition Concealer

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propanediol, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Silica, Methicone, Ribose, Soy Isoflavones, Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Salicylate, Lysolecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aspartame, Soybean Germ Extract, Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 1/20/2014 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

So my initial impression of this concealer was that it wasn't anything special. The primary reason I purchased it was because I needed a concealer for around my eye area that was less creamy (and wouldn't gather in my creases), and Smashbox is one of the only brands that has a fair shade available to those with pink undertones. After using it a handful of times, I abandoned it in my make-up bag.
Until recently, when I was playing around with different make-up looks and decided to give it a try! As it turns out there is a technique to using this concealer, and it has pretty awesome potential.

The way I like to apply it is to buff the concealer in with my bb cream when it is still soaking in (not wet, but in a dewy stage). The formula is liquid enough that it feels light, but creamy enough to still provide the coverage I need. There is kind of a brightening quality I get from the combination since the concealer is slightly lighter than my bb cream.

The amount of product provided in the tube is a bit of a let down, but I really do enjoy this concealer, and I would purchase it again.

on 1/19/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Eh it's okay. I mean it's a great concealer but I don't think it's much better than others out there.

Check out my youtube review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo

on 1/5/2014 7:48:00 AM

I have really bad dark circles and fine lines under my eyes. This concealer is amazing! It covers well and I can add more if needed. It does not settle into fine lines and it blends with my skintone well. Highly recommend this!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This concealer has high coverage and stays put, but is super sparkly. You can really see the little glitter specks, so I wouldn't recommend this for blemishes unless your foundation is really dewy and sparkly too.

on 12/14/2013 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Meh........great coverage.....but looked very cakey and clung to my wrinkles......or as the lovely sales girl in Sephora said, my textured skin lol. Wanted to love because the coverage is great, but it just didn't work for me. Also, the packaging, not great either. The squeeze tube should be great, but no matter how much pressure I used......I ALWAYS got too much product.

on 12/14/2013 4:15:00 PM

I've gone through 3 tubes of this stuff. it covers pretty much anything and doesn't come off. It also lasts a long time and you don't need much. I only wish they had a lighter shade than fair, because I like using it under my eyes, and it's the same shade as my foundation.

This has been a great concealer for me because it stays on throughout a whole day at school/work! I have oily/combination skin so finding a concealer that won't slip off my face at the end of the day is tricky but this does the trick! It's great for covering my eye circles & decently covers a blemish. Sometimes the redness of your blemish will still kinda how through but overall this is a great go-to concealer

on 11/1/2013 12:58:00 PM

This is my go-to concealer. I have re-bought it about 4 times over the last several years. I use fair/light and it works well. Not too cakey or heavy- very blendable. I don't like concealer that has oiliness to it and you can tell it's there like a beacon flashing.

This is probably not a super ninja concealer for bad scars or bad breakouts but it works great on very mild under-eye circles and small blemishes.

on 10/6/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Good concealer. Decent colour range. A little goes a loong way, so you get a lot for your money.
It has a light lotion/cream-like texture that comes in a small plastic squeeze tube. I'd say this has light to medium(at best) coverage. It didn't break my skin out and it lasts a little under 5 hours during the warmer spring summer seasons. Goes smoothly onto bare skin.
I mostly use it under my eyes but I find it tends to sink into any lines or wrinkles you have around there, and it creases. Having said that, it works over foundation and primer( it lasts longer and doesn't sink into lines, as much). It blends really well into skin and other foundations seamlessly with no distinction.
All in all, I really liked it this product. It didn't irritate my skin or cause it to break out immediately, and it provides decent coverage to areas of pigmentation and scarring.

on 8/13/2013 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have decided I don't like this concealer at all at first application it came out watery with zero coverage after continued use it begins to thicken and morphes into the right texture but I find it somewhat greasy and no matter how I apply it always ends up looking uneven and just meh instead of covering up my dark circles it tends to make them look even more predominant. fair is a perfect match which is a huge plus but due to its lack of coverage and poor lasting power I will not be buying this product any time soon their are far better concealers on the market and this one just doesint compete with the rest of the more promising ones out there sorry but this bad boy is going in the bin.

Top Rated Smashbox Products