July 23, 2014 | 1912 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Neutrogena - Ageless Essentials Continuous Hydration Eye Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by TGRAM7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye cream! I was looking for a similar product to replace my beloved Philosophy Hope in a Tube, which is $34 USD. I came upon this at Walmart on sale for $7 and gave it a go. It is just like my favorite Philosophy!! So moisturizing and it makes my concealer go on beautiful. It doesn't cause any dreading or cakiness either. I have noticed a dramatic difference in my fine lines. They have softened and look better every day. I will continue to use it as long as Neutrogena makes it. Fingers crossed they don't discontinue it since I got it for only $7 and it's normally between $13-15 USD. Pleeeease don't discontinue Neutrogena, it's my HG!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ericaXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for 2 weeks now and the skin around my eyes has changed dramatically! I'm only 20 and have an irrational fear of aging already so I thought why not start some prevention. The skin under my eyes always used to be dry and my concealer would flake off, but not anymore! This cream is so hydrating and really does make a difference. Im also happy I haven't experienced any irritation ( I have very sensitive skin). I will definitely be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by starlit2100

I don't find this eye cream to be very moisturizing despite the name. Also, it makes my sensitive eyes burn a bit, like when cutting an onion but not as bad. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with sensitive eyes. However, I do like the squeeze tube packaging; I hate jar packaging for eye creams since the product gets contaminated by your fingers and any special ingredients (like retinol) will degrade much faster due to air/light exposure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Dolce7vita

I love this stuff. Great hydration! This is exactly what you need to get rid of the fine lines/creases underneath your eyes. If you use it consistently, you will see a definite change. When the little tube gets low on moisturizer, it makes it difficult to get it out. Otherwise its awesome!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll keep this short and sweet
    (Used this for a year)

Hydrates eyes
    Doesn't get rid of dark circles
    Non-irritating

EDIT: After using this for religiously a year it looks like my dark circles have faded slightly...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Espressophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I've never really used an eye cream before so I don't have much to compare this to, but since using it I can totally feel a difference. I can't believe I've been without eye creams for this long. My eyes feel so refreshed and my concealer glides on so easily after using this. I work the graveyard shift so I am always trying new products to combat puffy, tired eyes, and this stuff has certainly made a difference. The boyfriend has even said that I've been looking well-rested lately.

I actually meant to buy the Healthy Skin version of this product, but I didn't feel like returning this. I am probably too young to be concerned with wrinkles and such but I figure that prevention can't hurt. My only complaint is the price-- it was $17 at Walgreens. I'm sure that if I shopped around a bit I could find it for cheaper, and if I do I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I think I may have found my HG eye cream. Often times any sort of eye cream or treatment usually irritates my eyes causing redness, swelling, burning and even tiny whiteheads if the product is too rich.

While I have an oily t-zone, my eye area is extremely dry and without proper hydration any makeup applied to this area emphasizes all my flaws beyond belief. Bring in Neutrogena and my problems are solved. This cream hydrates well, without being oily or greasy. It immediately dissolves and sinks into my skin and almost feels soothing. My eye area is smooth and soft to the touch. I have no irritation or adverse reactions to this product. I am not sure if this has truly rid my fine lines, but rather that they are less apparent because the skin in that area is now plump and full of moisture.

My gripes are with the tube and price; I'd prefer a pump...but I guess a tube is better than a tub. This retails anywhere from $15.99 to 19.99 CDN depending on where you go and is available at most drugstores/grocers. I think this would be better priced in the $10.99 to 14.99 range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW! I had been dealing with major dry skin and some MAJOR lines! I purchased this 6 months ago and am thrilled to say my dryness is GONE, lines have improved dramatically! I apply morning and night. I find my BB concealer applies wonderfully over this. Will def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by mtuckfield

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great little eye cream. I bought this hoping for a reasonably-priced alternative to Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream, which I like but can no longer justify paying $45 USD for. This does exactly what I expect from an eye cream - it hydrates my eye area nicely without being too moist. My concealer appplies easily and I don't get mascara/eyeliner smears under my eyes. I purchased this based on the reviews on MUA from members in my age group and as always, am not disappointed!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not a bad little eye cream. I found it on sale at a supermarket for half price and thought I'd give it a try. I have an extremely dry, sensitive eye area. Every single cream I've ever used has caused major irritation, swelling, watery eyes, etc... NOT this one! Yah!!!!!! Iíve been on a quest for an eye cream just like this! One that doesn't irritate, yet moisturizes really well. I was concerned about fragrance, as I think thatís what irritates, but the scent is barely noticeable. This cream doesn't feel greasy or heavy and doesn't travel into my lines. It just sinks right in for a soft and supple feel. Works perfectly under my BB corrector by prepping my under eye area so that it's soft and smooth. Concealer just seems to float over the crepiness...not accentuate it! I love that just the tiniest little bit does the trick. Granted, I do need to apply this a few times a day...morning, around 3pm (I just tap it over the concealer at midday) and again before bed. For the results and the price, it's totally worth it, IMO. I don't think it's going to make my lines or circles disappear but Iím not sure anything short of surgery will do that. Will definitely repurchase!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No