September 1, 2014 | 2239 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by toomuchjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this lipstick but it has quickly become a new favorite. The color is gorgeous. It's a beautiful medium pink plum shade that is really flattering on my NC 35-40 skin. I find that slightly cool toned pinks and purples really brighten up my medium tan skin. I think this would look great on a wide range of skintones as well. I've been looking for a color like this for some time now for my wedding day. I want something natural but with some added oomph so that my lips don't disappear in photos. This may be The One! This would also be appropriate for the office or as an everyday lipstick.

This is my second Mac Lustre lipstick and I just really like this formula in general. They are no fuss and I'm all about that. They feel balmy and comfortable on the lips with good color pigmentation that can go from sheer to opaque. The finish gives a nice sheen to the lips without being too glossy or matte. These won't last all day, but they are easy to reapply and doesn't make my lips peel as some long lasting formulas tend to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this colour on a whim because I have been searching for months for a raspberry-plum toned lipstick that didn't make me look too theatrical. The girl at the counter was so helpful! Its not too bad as far as moisturizing goes and I just love the colour and the shiny finish. It looks fresh for about 3 hours on my lips but even after that, the colour is still in place. I got so many compliments on it today. In love. A must buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by yangxx2

5 lippies all across! This is not a color that's talked about very much, but it's beautiful and I'm so glad I discovered it! It's a Lustre finish so it's got a bit of sheen to it. I picked it up just in time for this cooler weather, and it will be my go-to lip color for the work environment. It's dark enough to make your lips stand out, but at the same time it brightens my face without being too vampy or making my lips look smaller. One swipe across the lips adds a tiny bit of color, and adding more not only adds more of the beautiful plummy color but also some shine. Swatched on my hand, it looks like a rose with purple undertones, but on my lips it's definitely more plummy. My naked lips have more color, however (I'm a NC20 but with pigmented lips). The girl next to me at the counter also tried it after I bought it but it looked much more pink on her than it did on me. So definitely try it at the counter to see if it's more pink or plum!
It's not very moisturizing but applying it on top of Mac prep + prime does the trick, and makes it stay a lot longer. I got 4-5 hours of wear out of it and it leaves behind a slight stain, which is nice.
Love love love this color, it's perfect for fall and for someone like me, who is a little concerned about those bright or dark-vampy lips that have been popular but aren't appropriate for work (hang-up, diva, etc).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by southparkrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a waste of money. This color makes my tanned skin look very dull. I look like I am sick and dying with this color. I regret buying it.

I bought it because of the rave reviews on this site. What's going on? Why does it look so horrible? It's drying too. It looked OK in the store when I tried it on, must be the lighting. It looks horrible after I got it home.

The packaging of MAC lipstick is so boring to me now. It's only a tad better than drug store lipstick. But the packaging just screams CHEAP to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Natashaaxo

I absolutely love MAC lipsticks and this one did not disappoint! It's so smooth and easy to apply and the color is like a sheer dark pinky-purple. If I apply it in the morning, I'll bring it with me to reapply during the day but that's not a problem! Such a great product for Fall. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my 3rd MAC lipstick and my favorite so far. I prefer applying it lightly. It is not drying, brightens up my face without being too bright and wears well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Adorei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is buildable and it feels like butter on my lips. Not overly glossy, as a matte-fan I actually really like this. Not drying at all although most of the time I use a balm underneath.
I'm NC20 but rather cool, when I first tried it I was sooo excited, this lipstick was the best I ever wore in my life.

It has everything I want in a lipstick:
- sheer, but buildable if I want more color
- I can apply without a mirror
- creamy, not drying
- no bad taste, no strong smell
- compliments my skin really well
- when it fades it leaves a nice and even color on my lip, but not hard to get it off either
- good packaging

I will buy this again definitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by ivana89

The perfect shade for simply just about any occasion you can think of. Can be worn during any season, looks perfect on most skin tones. Can be layered (goes from sheer to opaque). Simply my go to lipstick, I carry it around everywhere. Can be used instead of a lip balm, it does the trick at keeping your lips soft and moisturized. BIG THUMBS UP for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this back last summer when I was not as comfortable with doing dark lips for fall and I fell in love. If you aren't ready to wear those dark vampy colors this color is for you. It goes beautifully with a light or dark bronzed eye with a plum blush. I find that even though its a lustre finish it doesn't have a noticeable amount of "glitter" or "sheen" like Plink for example does

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You know, I'm puzzled by how awful this looks on me. I am cool toned, and I swatched it on my hand in the store. It looked pretty nice in there. Things with a purple cast usually look fabu on me. Not this one, though. I think the main problem is that once it is on my lips, it pulls really Fuchsia. The added hot pinkness doesn't suit me because I already have a lot of pink in my skin. I like the texture of it though. If I loved the color, I would buy it again because it is long-lasting and not drying.