MAC Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my go-to lipstick. It is just sheer enough to be enjoyed year-round and the colour is SO beautiful! It is such a versatile plum that looks so nice with neutral eyes, making it extremely wearable on any day. It's an opaque toned-down purple in the tube but applies on the lips more of a mauvy plum. It fades gracefully - the shine wears off in about 2 hours for me but the colour hangs around for longer (becomes mauve pink on my lips) before I have to reapply after eating/drinking as you would expect from a lustre finish. Absolutely will repurchase.

Love this - a gorgeous texture and creamy finish
Comfortable to wear on the lips and a pretty shade that suits day or night.
Colour can build into a deeper shade but it also looks lovely as a sheer and 'barely there' tint.
Lasts well and still looks good as it fades.

I bought this lipstick to attend a really formal event and it complimented my makeup and outfit so nicely and it's also turned into my everyday lipstick. I love how versatile it is and is a lovely transition colour from day to night.

Lovely colour, this colour makes me feel quite sophisticated and it umps a basic plain outfit. Bought this on essiebutton's suggestion (on youtube) and I do not regret it.

The only lipstick I ever seem to wear

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this lipstick. It looks good day and night. It does rub off and fade faster than normal lipsticks, but I don't mind reapplying. It isn't drying so even if your lips aren't exfoliated,

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my first Lustre lipstick and I was skeptical that these were just glorified lipgloss, but I was wrong. I wanted a plum shade that is wearable and so I decided to buy this color.

This lipstick applies like butter and has a soft sheen to it that I dont find too shiny. It also doesn't dry my lips out and I find it moisturizing. The color lasted a few hours on me and the shade wore away evenly.

Now onto the shade itself. On my two-toned pigmented lips, it takes a few swipes to get the full shade evenly. On my lips, this color appears less plum and more of a light, pretty plum-pink shade with a hint of lavender. I actually like this because I don't have to buy a separate lavender shade.

This color is best for when I want some color, but I don't want to put too much thought into it. It can also complement heavier eye makeup. Since this color is sheer, it will look different on different people depending on lip coloring, complexion, etc. So in a way, this shade will custom fit to your coloring(lips, skin).

The picture of the lips above is pretty much what it looks like on me. It reminds me a lot of Revlon's Sassy Mauve. It is a very pretty pink berry plum shade with emphasis on the pink / berry part and a plummy undertone. It is very pretty. On my NW20 (deep soft winter) skin, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauvey lips this looks very nice and polished. It is neutral enough to go all year round though. The only reason I didn't give this a full 5 lippies is that it just didn't make me go "oh yeah" when I put it on. I just thought, "pretty", average lipstick on me.

I also have Craving, Sweetie and Capricious which I see lumped in with Plumful a lot. Plumful is a lighter, juicier version of Craving. Both could easily be worn all year, but I prefer Plumful. Capricious is a berry red shade, that works great with my deep soft winter complexion & the easiest for me to wear. Sweetie is uber neutral on me, it is an all year round "safe" lipstick.

Went to my usual M. A. C. counter looking for the perfect everyday, wear with anything and not have to think about it, work appropriate lipstick. The SA suggested this formula and shade. I was skeptical, at first, but once I applied and saw the effect I was a believer! I think this lipstick shade is most stunning on fair skins with neutral to cool undertones and dark eyes, whether brown or blue. I have very pigmented mauve toned lips, so I am unable to wear most nude shades without looking like an extra for the Walking Dead! This is my kind of neutral and I feel can be worn year round. The Lustre formula is very comfortable on the lips and seems to wear off evenly and not get cakey and gross. My new HG, for the moment.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect shade for us pale ladies wanting to achieve the 'english rose' look. This lipstick glides on and keeps lips moist, and gives that 'I've just been walking through a winter forest' type flush on the lips. Beautiful especially for winter and autumn but I wear this baby all year round.
This has good colour payoff and around 2 hr staying power on me. Re-application isn't really a problem as it is easy and no need for mirror.

Recommended for Medium Skin