September 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Out of all the GA foundations I've tried this came the closest to fitting the bill as it had a nice matt finish. Unfortunately it settled a little into lines and was too pale (they didn't go above #7).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Tattiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This a very nice liquid foundation. I have just got my 3rd bottle. )) I would say it is best for me. It lays smooth and nice giving a full coverage without heavy feeling on my skin. Since I have normal to dry skin type I have to moisturize it well before applying make-up. 1 bottle stays with me usually 3-4 months and I believe its just because I prefer the sponge application and do waste this really expensive thing. The package is nice, but I still like the older look of bottle more.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanna give it a high rating but I am disappointed after using for a few weeks. I am using shade 2 and I think it matches my skin tone but unluckily it oxidizes very soon, looking dull and darken.

It was really flawless and perfect for the first hour. Beautiful finish and brightens up face. But it's not long lasting at all. And my t zone becomes oily after few hours and my pores look visible.

And I don't like that alcohol smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love Luminous Silk foundation and wear it in #5 (I'm about MAC NC25) and when I ran out, I went to the store to buy another bottle.

I asked for Luminous Silk (and even had my old bottle with me to show her!), and the lady must have accidentally wrapped this one for me. When I got home I noticed the bottle looked different - it had a frosty sheen - but the colour was #5 and and thought perhaps it had changed, and decided to use it figuring the colour would match. When I applied it it was awful. Chalky, dry, waaay too light for my skin, not yellow enough like Luminous Silk was. I'm guessing this is due to the addition of titanium dioxide for SPF in the Lasting Silk. When I applied a drop of Luminous Silk on my hand next to drop of Lasting Silk, even though both are #5 the colours are completely different. It dragged and skipped across the skin when I used my foundation brush, sponge or fingers. Sure it was long-lasting, it clung to every dry or oily patch. It also feels heavier and more matte instead of nice, light and natural like Luminous Silk was. By the end of the day, my skin felt super dry. I tried wearing it 2 more times but it's not for me.

I absolutely hate this foundation. It may work for oilier skin, with no dry patches who want a longer lasting foundation but for me this looked like a dry pale mask. I figured I would put this review out there that if you have combo/slightly drier skin and love Luminous Silk but perhaps want to try Lasting Silk - get a SAMPLE first!! I will try to return this if I can.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by courtney771

I would definitely not recommend this foundation to anyone with acne or sensitive skin. In Australia this was $90 and the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. There is the strongest smell of sunscreen/bathroom cleaner and completely broke out my skin, did not cover much at all and was expecting so much from the glowing reviews from beauty gurus. I tried everything from primer and pore smoothers to get this foundation looking nice but it didn't. Very disappointed to say the least.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Sun77

Fantastic foundation, goes on really smooth, like a second skin. People always comment on my good skin with it so I'm loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

My HG foundation! LOVE LOVE LOVE how dewy it looks on my skin and how easy it applies. Feels light but coverage is only medium. It lasts more than 12 hours and doesn't make my skin shine/oily. I adore Maestro as well but can only use it when my skin isn't dry... otherwise Maestro will accentuate the flaky skin. Lasting Silk is more suitable for me all year. Luminous Silk tends to look a bit dull even when mixed with Fluid Sheer.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had very high hopes for this foundation as it has been critically acclaimed and recommended by so many. Unfortunately, this foundation has come up short for me and is by far the worst luxury brand foundation I've ever used. The $60 price tag might as well be for the Armani name and not even the product itself.

To start off, the packaging is lackluster at best. There might as well be an "on sale for $3.99" sticker plastered over it. Though I would choose product performance over packaging, obviously; there is no doubt that the cosmetic industry, especially in marketing, relies heavily on aesthetics. The bottle is glass though it looks like plastic, and the Armani name is barely visible. It has a glittery finish that makes it appear as if the foundation is glittery, which I have no idea why the designers found that necessary.

The foundation smells like bathroom cleaner in the bottle, fortunately the scent wears off once it is applied to the skin. The consistency is nothing unique, and the coverage is so sheer! Usually, for any foundation, one pump is enough for my entire face, and if I need a bit more coverage I will apply a colored powder over it. This is the first foundation I've had to use two pumps, and even with a layer of pressed powder foundation, every single spot was visible on my face. If I were to say one good thing about this product, it's that it does have a matte finish so this is one of the few foundations I've tried where powder to control shine is truly unnecessary.

As for the longevity of this foundation throughout the day, it does absolutely nothing for the skin (I have normal skin) so if it wore off it's not like it'd make a difference anyway. However, it does seem to stay on for a few hours and control oil as well.

Pros: matte, oil control

Cons: absolutely ZERO coverage, limited shade range (especially for those with darker skin)

Summary: I absolutely loathe this foundation - it's hands down the worst I've ever used. It's a waste of money and I do not recommend it to anyone. There are so many better foundations on the market, at this price point and even much lower.

Note: Keep in mind that if you are buying from Nordstrom online, the bottle pictured is not the kind of bottle you will receive. Initially, I thought they sent me the wrong product. I had to go through hell and back to finally get ahold of this foundation through Nordstrom, so for that reason alone I'm not going to go through the hassle of returning it.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I don't normally spend $60 on a foundation, but I felt like splurging and got this during the F&F sale. Sadly, this foundation just doesn't cut it for me. My skin is combo/oily right now and I have a lot of old acne scars that are taking their good 'ole time fading away.

The reasons I didn't like this foundation:
1. light-medium coverage: this is not a bad thing, it just wasn't what I was looking for right now. Does not cover acne scars at all.
2. too 'glowy': All of the reviews I've read, as well as the product description per the GA Beauty site say this is a satin-matte finish, but I had to blot my face even before setting it with powder.
3. zero lasting power: on my skin, this lasts about a whole 3 hours, no exaggeration whatsoever. I wear L'Oreal Miracle Blur as a primer and have tried setting this with various powders but I cannot get past a mere 3-4 hours of wear. GA Beauty indicates this wears for 14 hours! Whaaaa?
4. pricey: again, $60 for a foundation is quite a good chunk-of-change. For that amount of money, I expected a lot more.

What I did like about it:
1. color: The swatches online all looked too cool-toned for me, but I did a lot of resarch and settled on #6. This is an absolutely perfect shade for my NC30 skintone.
2. application: blends in very easily and quickly. one slight negative is that it doesn't layer well and becomes streaky if you try to apply a second layer. Waiting between layers might help a bit.
3. no breakouts: liquid foundations from DS to HE have a tendency to break me out. I haven't yet isolated exactly which ingredient does this, but I'm happy to say I had no issues with this one.

This will be returned as I can in no way justify keeping this expensive foundation. I really wanted it to work as I've been struggling to find something that gives me a decent amount of coverage, doesn't break me out and lasts for at least 8-9 hours.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by shiningangela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever tried!
I have oily skin, I don't have problems with dry flakes on my skin so I don't know if it can accentuate those. But for my skin, it looks, feels and wears beautifully. I'm using the color #4, which is a light shade with yellow-undertone. It's a bit too light for me now in the summer, but it's not orange so it's good and more forgiving. It doesn't make me look like a ghost, it just makes my face look brighter than my body, and I like it.

The texture is very thin and runny. It feels lightweight on the skin and blends easily. In spite of the thin texture, it's opaque so it covers really well. I would say medium to full coverage. It totally covers my redness, dark spots and it blurs large pores exceptionally well. And it leaves my skin looking naturally fresh, not too matte or flat, not too dewy. It's just a really flawless finish. This is what sets it apart from my other foundations.

After it sets, it doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the skin, which I like very much. And it wears really well through out the day too. I don't have to set it with a powder and after 8 hours, my skin still looks good. 95% of the coverage is still there, on my face. And I'm talking about wearing this foundation in hot, humid summer days. It's like over 100 degrees here in where I live, my skin gets oily really quickly, I sweat alot because I don't work/study in an air-conditioned environment. But at the end of the day, this foundation doesn't melt off. It fades a little bit, but it fades smoothly and evenly. It just looks good.

One thing I have to mention that the oil-control is not that good, I don't think this foundation is meant to control oil well so I didn't expect it to do that. But even when the oil comes through my makeup, the foundation doesn't seperate or melt off. I can just blot off the oil and I look like I just applied my makeup. That's how good this foundation is.

I know it's expensive, but it's worth it. It's one of those expensive products that are actually great and worth the money. I'd recommend this foundation to any skin type. It's gonna be HG material for me in cooler weather. I can still wear it in the summer, in fact, I've been wearing it non stop, but I wish it were better at oil-controlling, then it'd be my HG foundation all year round.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No