Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

3.2

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Beeswax, Silica, Boron Nitride, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Talc, Microcrystalline Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Cetyl PEG/PPG10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-12 Glyceryl DiMyristate, Water, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Betaine, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxide

on 7/22/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have used the Too Faced Eye Shadow primer (one in the light blue tube) since I started doing my makeup but decided to try this. For this primer, I like the feel and application of this. Compared to the Too Faced primer, it blends easier and my lids don't feel tight/dry when I apply eye shadow.
I think the packaging is nice and good for travel. But I am all about keeping things hygienic and I would prefer not having to dip into the product each time I use it. I didn't notice any creasing of my shadow which was on for a few hours, but my shadow didn't seem as bright I guess after a few hours. But I don't see it as a problem, I am more worried about it creasing instead.
I do think that this is a good primer and worth trying out if you don't wear a lot of eye makeup, need something for oily eyelids, very basic eye looks and etc. But personally I won't repurchase this right now because I feel that the Too Faced one is better for long periods of time where as the Smashbox is good for a couple hours.

on 7/11/2014 2:28:00 PM

I got a sample of this from Sephora, and I'm glad I didn't spend the money on this primer. While it's not terrible, there are much better primers out there for the same price or even less. My biggest issue with this primer is how dry it is. If I use too little it's very difficult to blend evenly onto the lid, and if I use too much it flakes and gives my lids a dry, cracked look. It's hard to get just the right amount onto each lid, and to blend it quickly before it starts setting and becoming even more dry. Although this looks and feels very dry, it's actually pretty easy to blend any products on top of. I've used shimmery shadows, matte shadows, and cream shadows over this, and they all blend very nicely (unless you used too much primer; then it will look flakey). This does keep my shadows from creasing pretty much all day, but I find that when I use this my shadows tend to fade and become less vibrant throughout the day. I'm also not huge on the packaging -- I'd prefer a squeeze tube because it's easier to control the amount and to get out the last of the product. I would pass on this primer -- I've found better ones for a fraction of the price at the drugstore.

on 6/27/2014 5:39:00 PM

Bought a primer trial kit as I wanted to try out the Photofinish foundation primer.
Find the formula quite rough on the skin, feels like there's tiny tiny grains in it scratching the thin skin around my eyes and it also feels quite heavy (kind of aware that it's on your face type of feeling)

For the price I would buy this again, if you are undecided about this I would recommend ordering the try-kit off their website :)

on 4/6/2014 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This product goes on thick and chalky. I found if I used my finger it was better than applying it with the brush. It dries chalky too. It does keep your shadow fresh and crease free through out the day. When I used it on the 2nd day I noticed a hard, painful zit under my brow area! I have never had this happen before-ever. This is the only new product I've used, so I'm sure this caused it. I would not buy this and will stick to Two Faced or Urban Decay primers which work great!

on 3/27/2014 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got a free sample packet of this (easily 3 or even 4 uses) and it it OK. My lids are relatively smooth and even-toned to begin with - and the shade is too dark (I am very fair) to use under the eye - so i stick to the lid and brow bone.

I like it - but i don;t love it. BeautiControl's "natural" (or "taupe") shadow control creme are better and cheaper - but they may be d/c'ed by now.

In any case, I will not be purchasing this as I really do not need it.

on 2/27/2014 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Doesn't change ur shadow colour and makes it last. I love this and will be buying again when I run out . I do prefer a squeeze tube but doesn't make a huge diffrence to me. I like that it has a colour and isn't clear I find you get a more true shadow colour . Lasts all day without crease or wear

lasts forever, shadows look bolder and last longer, can be used on its own for a nice nude lid.

on 2/11/2014 1:26:00 AM

I received this in a sample pack. I tried it as a lid primer. I was not impressed. Since I did not want to waste it, I started using it for my dark under eye circles. It was great for that purpose. I apply it before my regular canceler. Its looks smoother and I get better coverage, plus it wears all day.

Not so great as a lid primer, but for my dark circles… I can't live without it!!!

on 1/25/2014 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I REALLY wanted to like this, but I just couldn't. First off it's not clear. blended out it leaves a darker orange colour on my lids and I found it changed the colour of some of my shadows. Also it's very thick, and I found it hard to spread and blend. And it made my shadows harder to blend, and oddly enough, it made my shadows/liner crease within an hour. I don't have super oily lids, but they are oily. I do not recommend this for anyone.

on 11/22/2013 8:33:00 AM

I regularly wear eye shadow and wanted something that was going to help make it last a little longer and also help to prevent some of the darker coloured eye shadows staining my eyelids. Smashbox lid primer appealed to me more than others because I regularly use Smashbox products and find them quite good (some better than others). The lid primer comes in simple but nice packaging which looks great in my make up bag. The lid primer comes in one colour which is a natural shade. The lid primer is in a small tube a bit like a mini mascara but thinner. The actual wand in which you apply the product to your lids is like a mini lip gloss wand with an applicator on the end. I found the primer really easy to apply and I also found that you only need to use a little on each eye and simply blend and spread it across your eyelid with your fingertip. I could see straight away that the primer made my eyelids slightly brighter and also smoother ready for applying eye shadow. When using the primer I do find that my eye shadow lasts a lot longer than it would without it. I sometimes use the primer on my lids to brighten up my eyes even when not applying an eye shadow on the top. This it the first lid primer I have purchased and I would definitely buy it again. As you only need to use a little of the product on each eye lid it also means that it lasts for ages.

Video Reviews & Tutorials