October 23, 2014 | 1536 users online

Eye Primer - Smashbox - Photo Finish Lid Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by foxkid

Bought a primer trial kit as I wanted to try out the Photofinish foundation primer.
Find the formula quite rough on the skin, feels like there's tiny tiny grains in it scratching the thin skin around my eyes and it also feels quite heavy (kind of aware that it's on your face type of feeling)

For the price I would buy this again, if you are undecided about this I would recommend ordering the try-kit off their website :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product goes on thick and chalky. I found if I used my finger it was better than applying it with the brush. It dries chalky too. It does keep your shadow fresh and crease free through out the day. When I used it on the 2nd day I noticed a hard, painful zit under my brow area! I have never had this happen before-ever. This is the only new product I've used, so I'm sure this caused it. I would not buy this and will stick to Two Faced or Urban Decay primers which work great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a free sample packet of this (easily 3 or even 4 uses) and it it OK. My lids are relatively smooth and even-toned to begin with - and the shade is too dark (I am very fair) to use under the eye - so i stick to the lid and brow bone.

I like it - but i don;t love it. BeautiControl's "natural" (or "taupe") shadow control creme are better and cheaper - but they may be d/c'ed by now.

In any case, I will not be purchasing this as I really do not need it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Doesn't change ur shadow colour and makes it last. I love this and will be buying again when I run out . I do prefer a squeeze tube but doesn't make a huge diffrence to me. I like that it has a colour and isn't clear I find you get a more true shadow colour . Lasts all day without crease or wear

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by parisianwalkways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

lasts forever, shadows look bolder and last longer, can be used on its own for a nice nude lid.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by fertom

I received this in a sample pack. I tried it as a lid primer. I was not impressed. Since I did not want to waste it, I started using it for my dark under eye circles. It was great for that purpose. I apply it before my regular canceler. Its looks smoother and I get better coverage, plus it wears all day.

Not so great as a lid primer, but for my dark circles… I can't live without it!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY wanted to like this, but I just couldn't. First off it's not clear. blended out it leaves a darker orange colour on my lids and I found it changed the colour of some of my shadows. Also it's very thick, and I found it hard to spread and blend. And it made my shadows harder to blend, and oddly enough, it made my shadows/liner crease within an hour. I don't have super oily lids, but they are oily. I do not recommend this for anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by lislou30

I regularly wear eye shadow and wanted something that was going to help make it last a little longer and also help to prevent some of the darker coloured eye shadows staining my eyelids. Smashbox lid primer appealed to me more than others because I regularly use Smashbox products and find them quite good (some better than others). The lid primer comes in simple but nice packaging which looks great in my make up bag. The lid primer comes in one colour which is a natural shade. The lid primer is in a small tube a bit like a mini mascara but thinner. The actual wand in which you apply the product to your lids is like a mini lip gloss wand with an applicator on the end. I found the primer really easy to apply and I also found that you only need to use a little on each eye and simply blend and spread it across your eyelid with your fingertip. I could see straight away that the primer made my eyelids slightly brighter and also smoother ready for applying eye shadow. When using the primer I do find that my eye shadow lasts a lot longer than it would without it. I sometimes use the primer on my lids to brighten up my eyes even when not applying an eye shadow on the top. This it the first lid primer I have purchased and I would definitely buy it again. As you only need to use a little of the product on each eye lid it also means that it lasts for ages.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by carmen8180

I had a makeover done by a Smashbox professional and they used this primer. They then wanted me to buy it, which I considered. Before leaving the store, I looked at my eye shadow and noticed that it was ALREADY CREASING. I had the eye shadow on for a little over an hour and the primer was already done. I'll stick to my Urban Decay eye shadow primer.. thanks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by azjavagirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lid primer. I need a primer to even out my discolored lids, provide a smooth base for shadow application, and keep shadows from creasing or disappearing during the day. This primer does it all.

Urban Decay primer works, but it made my eyelids dry out and itch; I also couldn't find a color in UD to work. Laura Mercier and Trish McEvoy primers are fine in terms of color, but they don't hold shadow color/keep from creasing as well as Smashbox for me.

I haven't had problems with dried product that other reviews mentioned, and I've used up a sample and one full tube of product. I'm on my second full tube, and still no trouble. The formula is creamy, easy to blend, and a little goes a long way.