Blinc Mascara

3.6

NEW FORMULA: Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Tromethamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Pentasodium Triphosphate. [May Contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]. OLD FORMULA (Black): Water (Aqua), Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. [May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide]

This is my review for the original formula mascara. I've also tried the Amplified formula, so I'll compare the two here and write a full review of the other formula since they're somewhat different. For context, I have pretty average lashes and prefer a natural mascara look. I haven't tried a ton of mascaras and this is the first tubing mascara I tried. I used a full size of this product so I can't speak to how the minis perform.

Some awesome makeup lovers recommended tubing mascara to me when I was looking for a product that would give me a natural look and stand up to light rain and potentially sweaty walks to work. Since blinc's mascaras are some of the best-reviewed cruelty free tubing mascaras, I went with them.

Tubing mascara in general has been a revelation for me. I previously didn't wear mascara daily because I found it such a massive pain in the butt to remove (even with my oil cleansing routine) and could never seem to get it all off without irritating my eyes. Removing this stuff, though, takes me about ten seconds in the shower and doesn't require anything more than my fingers and some water. Brilliant!

That said, I wasn't hugely fond of blinc's original formula. I honestly didn't really like it for the first 2.5 months of use because it was so extremely wet. I learned pretty quickly to hold very still and pull it straight up through my lashes, because the smallest wiggle would glue the ends of my lashes together into little black steeples. I was much happier when it got drier at the 2.5 month mark, but it started flaking around the same time too. At least the flakes wiped away cleanly without smudging and never made me look tired.

The brush is on the skinnier side and has a slight hourglass shape. I'll see if I can upload a photo of it next to the much bushier Amplified brush for reference.

Overall, this mascara was an improvement over conventional formulas for me, but I much prefer the Amplified formula. It has everything I like and nothing I don't like about the original formula.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hmm. a mad rush..this mascara has potential if you know how to use it....I guess. I got this mascara in Sephora s Lash Stash...it was the last one of the 5 tiny mascaras 8 tried because I had never heard of it AND because It sounded suspect.
The first thing I noticed was the brush. It is a nice looking thick brush. The formula IS very wet and takes forever to dry. it left me looking like I had very few lashes---and for a gal who gets regular compliments on her lashes---no bueno!!! So, in a mad rush I knew I had to fix my lashes and fix them fast. Since the formula stays wet for so long--that was a good thing....in my bag I must have like 20+ mascaras!!! I fell upon Full Bloom by Covergirl...I separated and added volume and it didn't look half bad...
I fell asleep that night without washing my face--I know, I know. ..not good!! But my eye makeup was still in place!!!! I was thinkin, "wow..I still look b half decent!!" My mascara literally rolled off...it came off so, so easy!!! It was amazing!!! It stayed put and came off easily....wow!!
I think there's a LOT they could fix with this mascara..I mean, as much as they have done in the past 10 yrs with technology and all...they could find a way to make this mascara a bit better--as in NO SPIKES AND ADD MORE VOLUME!!!!
I think if you are going to be hot, and sweaty, or have a long day---this mascara is for you.. and if you work quickly, u can add some volume with another mascara that adds volume of it has a stiff, silicone type brush I think... to avoid clumping...
good luck with this one....
I have no idea how it made Sephora s top 5 mascaras to get into Lash Stash...smh..wow..maybe I'm using these beauty tube mascaras all wrong....?

I love this mascara. Once it's on, it doesn't go anywhere. It doesn't clump, transfer, or smudge. It lengthens well and looks clean. Removal is super easy too. I have to note that this does not add volume. If you want more of a fuller and denser look, this won't do it. But if you like natural and subtle effect, this mascara is great for that.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am not exactly sure why I purchased this when I am perfectly content rotating between Tarte's Lights Camera Action and L'Oreal Voluminous. But you know what they say: A sucker is born everyday so...

I picked up a travel size tube of Blinc on a whim - it was $5, which is pretty pricey for the amount in the tube, which was maybe a weeks worth of product. I tried out this mascara for about 4 days before I had to stop. On application this is gunky and really wet, took forever to dry, and left splatter marks/dots under my eyes which were difficult to remove. Although it was a very wet formula for the first few minutes it later dries to a VERY dry and uncomfortable formulation. This was also heavy and removed any curling I had done prior to use. I got no change in length to speak of at all. It was terrible in the volume department and I looked like I had about 6 thick lashes OR a tarantula had taken up house on my eyes.

I also didn't have an easy time removing this - it certainly did not come off in "tube" like fashion or with ease as advertized. I had to really struggle; first I held a wet washcloth over my eyes for a pretty long time and that didn't do much so I had to use eye makeup remover which oddly, I felt didn't remove it all.

While I am not a fan of tubing mascaras generally, there are better one's out there and this is by far the worse one I have ever tried.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Did nothing for my lashes. Although I don't like heavy mascara, I would like some enhancement and this product did not do it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While this might work for some this definitely wasn't my cup of tea..
It did nothing for me, no curl no volume no lenghth no definition. Just limp darker lashes. If you are a fan of more natural barely there traditional brush mascaras then you might like it and appreciate that it's Also somewhat water resistant. However, when I wear mascara I actually like for there to be a major difference if not then I dont see the point of wearing any. I didn't like the whole tubing effect either. Like I said, it didn't make a difference and just made it that much more annoying to take off. I bought the latest lash stash at sephora where you try different selectsamples and redeem a full size of your choice. Out of the whole stash this was definitely the biggest flop for me and when you look at the regular price for the full size? Forget about it...drugstore mascara is 10Xbetter (and waaaaaaaay cheaper) than this..
Save your time and money girls! This is a major No go in my book!

Average performance, some clumpiness, bad longevity.

This mascara has a very natural effect and does a decent job of volumizing lashes. Unfortunately, it does not thicken or curl lashes. I find that this gives a very nice, black, feather finish. Be careful as this product tends to clump over time. What makes me love this product is that it comes off very easily at the end of the day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this product for years and so has my daughter. I work in a factory and I was having problems with my mascara running. There is no air conditioning in the summer and my face is extremely oily. Waterproof mascara worked okay but it was hard to remove at the end of the day. I googled using my problem in the search bar and came across a recommendation for this. Of all the things I have tried before, nothing has come close to this. It stays on all day and comes off completely with warm water. I have tried some of their other products and was not really impressed, but the mascara is the only brand I will ever use.

I'm really incredibly disappointed in this mascara. I had really high hopes for it, and it's pretty bad.

I have oily lids, and a big problem finding mascaras that don't leave me looking like a panda or racoon. I thought this would be good for that problem. I bought it in a set where you got a smaller size of the Blinc Amplified with it, so that made it a slightly better value.

First, it's really wet. REALLY wet. And when I apply it, it ends up all over my lids. I'm not a makeup rookie, I don't have this problem with other mascaras, but I have a hard time putting this on without making a big mess. It doesn't do much for my lashes, either; no thickening, no lengthening. Just kind of makes them black and wet. And clumped together. I look like I have fewer lashes, cuz they just kind of stick together. Then as the day goes on, flakes. Lots of flakes. And racoon eyes, even though it's a tubing mascara that isn't supposed to do that. I wish I would have brought it back. But I guess I've waited too long. I keep trying to make it work, but it's time to give up.

The Amplified formula is not much better. I guess the only difference is that the brush on the Amplified separates and gives a bit more fullness.

Popular Mascaras