Blinc Mascara

3.5

NEW FORMULA: Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Tromethamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Pentasodium Triphosphate. [May Contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]. OLD FORMULA (Black): Water (Aqua), Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. [May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide]

on 12/27/2014 12:54:00 PM

I LOVE THIS! Being on set I have had almost every madcara used on me...and this one doesn't smudge or flake and gives me long, thick lashes. I used to wear They're Real mascara, but when I got onset they would always add more mascara! NOT with this product! My lashes are now 'perfect' and l love it! I work 18+ hour days sometimes, and the mascara never budges! The rest of my makeup, especially my eyeshadow (oily lids) gets retouched, but my Blinc mascara stays perfect! Note that I'm not sure how people 'get splashed' with mascara? I have never had this happen. I do clean off the top of the tube when I'm done applying (per the instructions included with the mascara), so the non-closing & drying out hasn't been an issue either. This will be the only mascara I ever buy!

on 12/1/2014 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Tubing mascaras have been a godsend for me since I discovered them in 2012. I am ecstatic to seeing more pop up on the market & have tried nearly all of them out there. For reference - my favorite is Boots No 7 Stay Perfect tubing mascara. However Blinc ORIGINAL (not the Amplified version) is a VERY close second. In fact they are almost identical in formula. The tie breaker is Boots has a better brush that individually coats every lash and separates them. Doesn't hurt that I can pick up Boots No 7 Stay Perfect tubing mascara for $8 at Target, either.

Moving forward, just because a mascara is waterproof - does NOT mean it is smudge-proof. Tears from my eyes have never been my concern when applying mascara. It is the oil my pizza-face produces that removes mascara and causes it to smudge, leaving me with the dreaded raccoon eye look. Since warm water is the only thing that can remove tubing mascara, it works perfectly for us oily skinned gals.

I really like Blinc's formula. It is wetter than a lot of it's competition & doesn't leave you with spider lashes. When you remove it at night, it comes off in tubes (vs random flakes). The same formula is used for both the original version and the amplified version. I prefer Blinc's original version as the brush is more forgiving for my small eyes & gives a natural look. The amplified version has a much bigger & thicker brush which gives more intense volume to lashes but makes precision much more difficult.

on 11/22/2014 10:48:00 AM

This is the first mascara I've ever used that has ACTUALLY lengthened and volumized my lashes. I used Benefit They're Real mascara for a while, but the bottle dried out quickly and didn't have the same effects as this product. While a bit pricy, it both goes on and comes off very easily, and stays on very well throughout the day!

on 11/4/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

perfect for if you want a look so natural it looks like you're literally wearing 0 mascara, might as well not put on any mascara. adding a lippie because i wish all mascaras washed off in these cool messy-free tubes.

on 10/23/2014 9:53:00 AM

I first used this for my wedding, and now I'm hooked. It provides volume, lengthens and most of all, is the first mascara I've ever used that doesn't smudge or give me raccoon eyes. I haven't tried other tubing mascaras, so when this runs out I may try a drugstore brand to see how they compare. Overall, I feel I've gotten a good deal for the price.

on 9/27/2014 3:56:00 PM

This is the best mascara I have ever used. It lengthens & never smudges. I've been using for 3 years & my days of trying other brands are over. A+++

on 8/7/2014 10:34:00 AM

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash curler. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/oilproof? - Yes / Yes. And sweatproof also.

Adds volume? - Some.

Adds length? - Moderate.

Adds definition? - No. Wet formula makes my sparse lashes stick together.

Holds curl? - Not well; pulls the curl out.

Removal? - SUPER easy. Rinse with warm water (or in the shower), then slide the mascara off by gently pinching the lashes between thumb and finger and pulling away from the face. The removed "tubes" of mascara look more like short black Silly String.

Packaging - Straight silver-white plastic tube. Brush head is a straight, skinny spoolie with the bristles in a wide-spaced spiral.

Other comments - Blinc used to call their mascara Kiss Me Mascara, but the ingredients list changed and now it's just Blinc Mascara. Still a great tubing mascara - it doesn't flake or feel stiff, and has a nice glossy finish. But this formula is even wetter than it used to be. My lashes stick together like mad and the brush design doesn't help. When I apply it I can see all my crimping work being undone, and by the time I've run a lash comb through my lashes are pretty much straight again :/

Overall - I love tubing mascaras but I can't make this work for me.

UPDATE - I can make this work for me if I scrape as much off the brush as I can when pulling it out of the tube. In my book that's a PITA, so though I will try finish off this tube (I hate letting money go to waste), I'm not going to buy this mascara again. continued >>

on 7/30/2014 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I can't really remember how much I paid for this but it's amazing I can one coat and I can look natural or the day them or I can 2/3 coats and I a nice long/thick lash look with out it feeling Cakey or anything.

on 7/30/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this one. I feel like the formula is just too heavy and watery. It won't hold a curl and the lashes clump together so they look way more sparse than normal. Also as I apply it it sometimes splashes off of the brush and end up on my cheek or upper eyelid no matter if I wipe off the excess. I have had a few times where a few tubes have come off onto my cheek even though I didn't add any water. Don't know why. The only things that I LOVE about this mascara is that it makes your lashes look shiny and black and it's soo weird/fun to remove. I won't buy this again unless somehow with age it gets better. I love the tube concept though but perhaps the formula needs some refining.

UPDATE: I'm increasing to 4 stars now. The formula is aging nicely (a little drier) after a few weeks of random use and this is making it much nicer to use. I have been wearing it every day lately and Im getting better lash seperation and definition.

on 7/28/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the only mascara I trust! My eyelids tend to get oily during the day and every other mascara ends up smudged or under my eyes. I used waterproof mascara for years and found that no matter how much remover I used the night before, I would wake up with raccoon eyes that sometimes didn't even wash off in my morning shower. Plus I hated rubbing my eyes with cotton pads and makeup removers. Blinc never smudges or flakes. It comes off as stringy "tubes" with warm water and gently stroking your fingers over your lashes. Even though this sounds a little worrisome for people who are concerned about tugging out lashes, I find that removal invoves less pulling/tugging than applying undereye concealer or removing regular mascara.

This is not an ideal product for people who like to build and create extremely dramatic or false-looking lashes; it's a solution for individuals like myself who can't wear regular mascara for our everyday look.

After re-purchasing this multiple times, the only downfall I found was that you have to watch for build up around the lip of the tube. When the product starts to build up around the opening, the tube doesn't close properly and then dries up very quickly!

Popular Mascaras