December 18, 2014 | 1392 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by AyaDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to lipstick. As a uni student I'm always eating out. I can eat very oily foods and still have my lipstick untouched. I used to use the superstay lipcolor by maybelline but it has been discontinued. I'd have to stay revlon does it better. The color is light and not too overpowering for everyday use. I find that it only flakes if I try to layer it on top of another lipstick or try to build the color. I have this in nude, platinum petal and precious pink (my favourite which I just bought today). I don't usual wear pinks as I'm more reds or nude but the colour is quite subtle but still very noticeable. I wouldn't say it lasts 24hrs but it does last all day and night of drinks with only 1 touch up. I would like to add that it does feel sticky but if you touch your lips it's not sticky. It does take a little getting use to because it feels drying but it actually isn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh! I bought this lipstick and found it to be really sticky, also drying and flaky. I bought the colour, 'Brilliant Bordeaux' which is still a lovely colour, but what a shame about the formula! It should just be a normal lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am going to try some of the application tips I've seen here for this product because I LOVE the color. I got Best Bubbly and it's a gorgeous nude on me. I usually like a little more pigmentation, but this looks very polished and professional.

Unfortunately, the way I applied it, it felt so weird after a while that I couldn't stand it. I'm familiar with lip paints and I was OK with letting it sit and dry (for a pretty long time actually). It requires patience, but the long wear you get out of it is the payoff.

Except with this product, it about glued my lips together, even an hour or two after application. I tried putting balm on top, and then the color sort of balled up.

Eh - formulations like this can be fiddly. I think the color is worth a few more attempts!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not gonna lie, I just bought this today and I cannot describe how ineffably terrible this stuff tastes/smells. I have it in Ultimate Orchid, I always wanted to trya lavender lip and the color is so pretty and unique! It's a bright lavender and it stays and stains so well. Revlon lip products never disappoint me, in all honesty. It is a bit sticky though, but dries fairly quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by KellyLee1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipcolor in Miracle Mauve, and I love it so much I'm considering buying a back up just in case they discontinue it (Revlon: DON'T DISCONTINUE!!! PLEASE!!!)

Let me start out by saying that, were I to choose a darker color, I don't know if it would wear as well. This shade is about two shades brighter/warmer/pinker/darker than my lip color, so when it does start to wear off, it does not show.

I do find it drying, but then, I find EVERYTHING drying. I'm one of those people who has multiple lip balms in every room of the house. :D I do wear this with a clear gloss (also by Revlon, I use their Superlustrous gloss in Shine City which I'm not sure they make anymore), which I don't mind one bit- I WANTED a stain, which I could reapply balm/gloss over at will, without having to worry about it. I read the reviews before buying this product and pretty much knew what to expect.

This turned out to be a perfect "everyday" color. I can eat hot wings for lunch and not worry that by the end of my lunch break, I look ridiculous until I can run to the locker room to fix my lipstick. I can eat and drink (which I do carefully out of habit when I'm wearing any sort of lip color) without worry. I reapply gloss when it gets dry (without a mirror even) and don't have to be concerned that it's coming off (and it hardly leaves any stain on the gloss applicator, even!)

It also doesn't bleed at the edges of my lips (I usually wore a tinted balm before and sheesh! If I wasn't careful, by the end of the day I'd have a smudge of tinted balm ALL THE WAY AROUND my lips!!!! This does not happen with this, and since I'm applying a CLEAR gloss on top, I don't need to worry about making a mess of my face if I don't happen to have a mirror available.)

One thing I will say is that the application of a balm or gloss on top of this lipstick does reduce the transfer-resistance and seems to reduce the longevity of it, which stands to reason since most of those products contain oil, and oil is what is typically used to remove longwearing products. If I didn't have the sort of lips that became horribly uncomfortable without being coated in balm/gloss all of the time, this product might well stand up to its (and other reivewers') claims of not wearing off at all after so many hours, but that is not how I wear this lipstick, which likely has an impact on longevity.

All that being said, I apply a dot in the center of each lip, spread it with my finger (like a stain), let it dry (yes, it DOES feel weird) and then apply clear gloss on top. So far I've had to reapply once (only once) in 10 hours' time, with eating and drinking, and I could have gotten away without doing so, but I have OCD and wanted it to be perfect! :) I also was totally NOT careful while eating my greasy Chinese takeout.

At some point I'll probably try a different color (I was eyeing up the darker shades but decided to go with one I didn't already have a close match for in another formula), I'm curious as to how the darker shades wear compared to the lighter ones, but I love, love, LOVE this color!

I also think they may have changed the packaging recently, as mine DOES seem to have the little thing to prevent dispensing too much product, which other reviewers complained about it not having. There's also very little scent to speak of in this, and what IS there, is gone as soon as it dries.

ETA: I love this stuff more and more. Since purchasing this I have to practically force myself to wear anything else. It's just that good. It doesn't dry my lips out, actually, even the odd feeling of wearing this has gone away now, I don't know if I've gotten used to it or what, but it's only a tiny bit sticky and doesn't feel dry or like my lips are coated at all now. I still do prefer to wear a clear gloss over this...but I found it interesting and worth noting that the particular "coated" characteristic had diminished with time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Ice222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I agree with many reviews that say this lip colour is drying, this is a find that really surprised me. At first I was bit put off by the applicator, sticky texture and odd smell, but completely won over when I found out just how fantastic the staying power is! I can eat, drink, and ignore it all day, and at the end of the day I can still see most of the colour. It seems to fade pretty evenly too, so none of that coloured-edge look you can get from other lipsticks fading.

To offset the dryness, I usually apply a lip balm over the top, or a very light layer of balm before applying the colour so that it doesn't prevent the liquid lipstick from fixing. I find the best technique to applying this lipstick is to get as little colour on the brush as possible. Apply a 2 dots of colour, one on the center of each lip, and use the applicator to spread the colour evenly from there. Once on the lip, it does get tacky at first as it dries, I either blot it with a tissue if I can't be bothered waiting or let it dry before applying a balm, but once completely dry, it gives great colour, looks natural andm ost importantly stays on.

I have 2 colours "Stella Sunrise" a red-ish coral with silver shimmer and "Superb Sangria" a dark wine red with gold shimmer. Both are great colours, and i've even had success mixing and wearing the two. They were also very cheap, around $7 NZD (about $5US I think?) and I use them almost every day. or under another lipstick so that when that fades, my lips won't look naked. I'm always on the lookout on these at make-up sales because I'm keen to pick up more colours. They are my favourite lipstick so far, purely because I'm lazy and just LOVE their amazing staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Natashaa111

My favorite "lipstick" hand down! Beautiful colors, long lasting and chep.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by gmd854

This product smudges and it has an awful smell. I have it in 005 Platinum Petal and it is also very expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Dries out my lips and flakes on to my teeth within 4 minutes of application - even with balm underneath. I wish I could tell you if they live up to their long-last claims, but I couldn't stand them on me for more than a few minutes. It was uncomfortable to even smile!
My make-up swap buddy gave this to me, she found them drying too and hoped I'd feel differently. I don't. The colour was a glittery bronze in the tube - on the lips though, it goes on glossy, dries to matte, feels chalky and generally makes me look like power-suit wearing man-eater from the 80s.
Fail, Revlon. What a pity. I love your lipsticks usually.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by namza

I recently bought the "Premier Plum" shade for something different.
On first application, I found it thick and super-dark and I thought I'd just wasted my money as it was not at all what I was after.
However, I have learnt that "little is best" with this product. As a previous reviewer said, apply a little around your lip line, and then a little to fill in, and you are good to go - all day!
I can get through a full day with the one application, and it doesnt go dry and flakey like these sort of products tend to do.
I love this product, and will be heading out to get a new shade (or two!) to build a collection!
(Also, if you have been lazy and not removed your makeup before bed, you can even wake up in the morning with lovely coloured lips!!)
So - the tip: Be light-handed on application, let it dry before mucking around putting other products on top, and you are good to go for a full day (and I'm a big lip licker/mouth wiper!)