April 19, 2014 | 1945 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by namza

I recently bought the "Premier Plum" shade for something different.
On first application, I found it thick and super-dark and I thought I'd just wasted my money as it was not at all what I was after.
However, I have learnt that "little is best" with this product. As a previous reviewer said, apply a little around your lip line, and then a little to fill in, and you are good to go - all day!
I can get through a full day with the one application, and it doesnt go dry and flakey like these sort of products tend to do.
I love this product, and will be heading out to get a new shade (or two!) to build a collection!
(Also, if you have been lazy and not removed your makeup before bed, you can even wake up in the morning with lovely coloured lips!!)
So - the tip: Be light-handed on application, let it dry before mucking around putting other products on top, and you are good to go for a full day (and I'm a big lip licker/mouth wiper!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Many ladies are out there on the hunt for the best lipstain. So am I. Personally, I really love Revlon's lipcolors and found these intriguing. I think I was drawn in by the wording of "liquid lipstick" but I figured that this was more of a lipstain- I mean if it clearly implies on the package that this is "Colorstay" and it's "Ultimate", then it's gonna be a longwearing product. It's not that surprising, people. I had one and then I lost it, so I went back and purchased one in Best Bubbly. I think that it is an extremely flattering color on my lips and skintone- I have light skin and yellow undertones. This was a mauve-y rose color and it looked gorgeous. So that was the color review. The product itself applied much like a lipgloss- it has a wand and your average lipgloss wand tip. Application is easy. However, this product may feel gooey at first, but then it starts to get sticky. This is how it dries. Again, people, you need to be patient when using this lipstain! It will get dry and sticky at first. Once it completely dries, however, just blot and smack your lips a little and all the stickiness disappears. Problem solved. It does become pretty long-wearing but you do need to reapply if you eat with it on. Also, it does define the fine lines in your lips a little bit, just a little heads up. Otherwise, I feel that this is a great product for around $10 and is a great lipstain with tons of color choices!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so here goes my review for this product. I bought the shade Perfect Peony as I am a brunette with fair skin and wanted something fairly neutral but with a hint of color and let me just say, this is PERFECT !!!!

At first though, I HATED it. I put it on like a regular lip gloss and that is NOT how it works. It is definitely a lip stain. You have to use a little product, put it on and LEAVE IT ALONE - I did so for about a minute..don't let your lips touch if possible.

After that minute, I applied a clear lip gloss (I use Nivea Shine) and wala !!! Perfection...AND the color is awesome...I only have to apply my lipgloss as I normally would, but the color is perfect. I will definitely be re purchasing... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really more of a lip stain. My lips are small so I swipe the applicator with my finger and dab it on my lips. Let it dry before even closing your mouth! Then I put a balm or gloss over it. If you can figure out how to apply this, it's really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I picked this up in 040 Brilliant Bordeaux. I was looking for a lip stain in a larger package than the Max Factor Lipfinity, (which I normally use in Frivolous 108,) because I expect to be using make-up frequently during the holiday season and I wanted something that I wouldn't have to buy 3 packages of. This exceeded my expectations. It's well-pigmented, it applies pretty easily, and it definitely stays on for at least 12 hours of normal wear. (Not sure about 24 - It got a little thin in the center well before that.) Brilliant Bordeaux is apparently a new color, too. The package appears to contain about three to four times as much product as the Lipfinity, which I can definitely appreciate. I had no problems applying it. Like every other lip stain I've ever tried, it does tend to be sticky if I don't put anything over it, so I usually use a lip gloss, or lip balm if I'm feeling lazy. (Though putting something over it does seem to decrease the staying power.) I intend to pick up a few more colors the next time I see it's on sale. It's definitely worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by IronMaiven

Everyone who is saying this product doesnt work is using it incorrectly.

The first time I used it, I used more product then I should have so i could get true to color results on my pigmented lips. Even after letting it set my lips were tacky/sticky and they cracked and didn't look good.

After awhile I checked on it and saw how awful it looked.
So I tried again.

Next time I applied my foundation and blocked out my lip color (i also use the revlon colorstay foundation currently)

after... i applied a very thin layer onto my lips and allowed it to set.

With my lip color neutralized, the color showed up wonderfully and it was a thin enough layer that it stayed on all day without cracking, being sticky or any other negative effects.

Really great product when used correctly, a little expensive but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by digink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim. I agree with others who say it is more of a lip stain than a lipstick, which is actually what I was looking for. I always put gloss on over this after it dries - both because it does dry out your lips (as any long-wearing lipstick will) and because I bought the "nude" shade, which I found to be too dark. I put some light pink gloss over it, which makes it more of a true nude shade for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by jlseck

I am a makeup junkie. I am constantly buying new products to find the best ones. This lipstick is my HG. All you have to do is twirl around the base it while you are pulling it out to the product in the bottom and off the applicator. Then you apply it - fast - along your lip line like lip liner. then you fill in - fast. This takes an EXTREMELY little amount of product to achieve the lest results. Then, you wait about 30 seconds until it dries -- do NOT press your lips together until then. Yes, they will stick. Then you simply apply a gloss of any kind. You can reapply your gloss throughout the day for addtl moisture, but the lip base will stay. This lipstick will LITERALLY LAST ME ALL DAY. I have NEVER found any product that wears as well. I apply once in the morning, and when I look in the rear view mirror my way home from work, it's still there! I honestly though they might discontinue this product simply because it takes so little of the product to look great -- so Revlon would not be making enough money on sales. I could be wrong, but until then, I'll keep stocking up just in case. It is my absolute FAVE lip product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I was looking for a long wearing liquid lip product and saw all the many shades available in this. The color showed up nicely, but my lips felt extremely dry, and the texture became cakey soon after applying. Stay from this & dont waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Ashleyx

This lip product is horrible. First you have to apply this very quickly it drys so fast and it dried out my lips so much! too much product comes out and it makes your lips stick together. I recently tried it out again yesterday heres my story, I put it on to just give it another try when I put it on I took off as much as I could on the brush it automatically started to dry out my lips so I put a gloss over top it looked fine I thought I found something that could work. To my horror and hour later the gloss wore off and the liquid lipstick dried into patches onto my lips. I had to run to the bathroom and literally scrub my lips to get it off. I do not recommend anyone getting this its horrible. Finished look is dry, cracky lips and its a mess to take off because it dries like glue. It's like putting coloured glue onto your lips.