July 31, 2014 | 2116 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

This "serum" contains alcohol and is number 4 on the list of ingredients. Alcohol has no place in skincare products! Alcohol should never been applied to the skin. It breaks down the skin's barrier—destroying the very substances that keep your skin healthy over the long term. Majority of acne suffers have an impaired skin barrier (acid mantle). The reason alcohol is added to this foundation is because it evaporates quickly (causing the matte finish). It seems reasonable to think that the damage will not be so severe, considering the alcohol evaporates so quickly. Wrong. Unfortunately, research reveals that this logic is only wishful thinking. Alcohol immediately harms the skin and starts a chain reaction of damage that continues long after it has evaporated.

Why do "high end" skincare companies keep adding unnecessary irritating ingredients like alcohol to their products? Alcohol actually causes ageing.. haha so why would it be in an "anti-aging" product? Perhaps they want your skin to decline and dry out. Perhaps they don't have your best interests in mind. They want to slowly damage your skin causing an array of problems, so you keep buying their products. I won't be fooled and neither should you. CHECK the ingredients. Do your research. You only have one skin, look after it.

Sunscreen (must be broad spectrum and SPF15+) is the best anti aging product on the market! Start using it when you're young. Prevention is easier than treating.

I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have added this Lancome product to my regimen because it's said to to contain a protein which does not interfere with all my other serums and creams but instead helps activate my skin's repair mechanisms and better enables the functionality of my other products. I use it once a day after cleansing and toning/softening and before everything else. It's thin and light and not scented and penetrates rapidly. It definitely makes my skin softer. I keep getting compliments on how great my complexion looks and after using this for awhile I can honestly attribute at least some of the radiance and smoothness to Genifique. I also use Kanebo Ultimate and Natura Bisse (which are totally fabulous) and some other excellent high end products intermittently so this isn't a "lone solo miracle" but I am pretty happy with it as an add on. Pricey, but a little drop goes a long, long, way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is crazily over-priced and it does nothing. Seriously, nothing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This serum didn't cause an immediate reaction like most Lancôme products do for me which was a good thing. But I found after a few days of using that it dried my skin out despite using it under my moisturizer. My forehead is pretty dry and flaky where it wasn't before. I suppose it was the alcohol in it but who knows.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by sabregoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a big fan. I've tried tons of serums, and this is nothing special. In fact, it is more runny than the typical serum, and "pills up" when layered under the wrong moisturizer. I had to literally brush the rolled up pieces of it off my face before I could put one makeup. It is not very moisturizing, either. I much prefer Advaced Night Repair for a similar product with better results and better quality product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used this serum (that I sneaked from my mom's dresser :p) for a few months but it dried up my skin too much. Im in my early 20s and already developed some wrinkles and fine lines and thought this could help. It made my mom's skin dry too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

For the first 3 weeks I thought this serum was doing nothing for my skin. I was bummed that I spent so much money on it and was planning on returning it. But I was busy and couldn't get to Macys the following week, so I held onto it and continued to use it (couldn't hurt, right?). Well, come about the end of the week (week 4, so roughly 28-30 days), I noticed one morning that my face looked really luminous and even. My skin looked really, really good. Huh. I guess it took that long for the results to become apparent in my skin. And I've got to say, I am impressed. I really like what I see results-wise. And I know it is attributed to the Genifique because that is the only change in my skincare. So in the end, I'm glad I didn't return this right away. I apply the Genifique on clean skin as my very first step, twice a day (morning and night). Then I follow with whatever other serums or moisturizers I plan on using. I love this serum now, and the gorgeous clear glow it's given my skin. I plan on using it for as long as it keeps providing such great results. I also recommend that everyone give it AT LEAST 30 days to see results. :)

I've been using Genifique for over 3 months, and I absolutely wouldn't be without it. In fact, when I repurchase I plan on buying the extra large 2.5 ounce bottle. It's about $30.00 more than the 1.7 ounce bottle, but also about 50% more serum, so it's a better deal. Love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did nothing for my skin. Waste of money. Overhyped, as many Lancome products.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Foxglove08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm afraid I just don't see the point of this product. After two weeks of nightly use it has made no apparent difference to my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I applied this product right after I washed my face and not an hour later my face began to itch like crazy. Along with the itchy came a dry tight feeling after a couple of hours I couldn't stand it and had to wash my face and put on my basic moisturizer.