Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 4/6/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is naturally very dry. I LOVE this stuff. It has a mild pleasant scent (scents don't bother me) and I find it so moisturizing. I can't get enough, I literally apply it to my face morning and night, religiously. Kind of pricey, but I find it to be worth it.

on 4/6/2015 9:59:00 PM

Just tried it now....first impression...: the smell. UGH. disgusting smell. I'd rather smell my own fart than this. It throws my gag reflex a party. Let's see if anything happens to my skin in the morning. Ugh. So glad I only bought a tiny jar of it. Maybe I'll use it as a body lotion or something and then spray on a body mist to mask the scent. Yuck. Price smelled just as bad.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Received the purity made simple cleanser, daily exfoliating wash and hope in a jar as a pre-Christmas gift.

Hope in a jar leaves a sticky residue on my face, and it takes forever to dissipate. As far as moisturizing goes, my skin felt hydrated at first, but eventually felt taut. Another con to this moisturizer, is after I used this for several days, an ingredient in it caused my eyes to slightly sting and water. I experienced the same reaction with purity made simple cleanser. I can't use this anywhere near my eyes. First time I've had a moisturizer irritate my eyes.

This moisturizer isn't a good match for my skin.

on 3/12/2015 1:08:00 PM

I've been using Philosophy products for a while, and my only regret is that I didn't find Hope in a Jar sooner! The texture of this moisturizer is so light and goes on feeling like nothing, but delivers intense moisture that's perfectly balanced to treat my dry patches while keeping my t-zone at bay. I will probably be using this moisturizer for a while, and I would definitely recommend it!

on 3/10/2015 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have bought this moisturizer over an half ago, since I needed something that was hydrating enough but not leaving a sticky feeling behind or would take too long to be sucked into my skin.. It did do the last two things that I was looking for, however at some point I didn't feel it hydrated my skin enough and the smell of the moisturizer wasn't really my fave lol. Therefore I do not think I would buy it again.

on 3/1/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am older and this doesn't work for me. My skin is not particularly sensitive but it irritates me and doesn't seem to give to either clearer skin tone or moisture.

on 2/16/2015 1:04:00 PM

I have used this several times and don't know what to make of it. It has very little emollients, so it does spread easily as you (try to) massage it in. I have to pat it on. Therefore, I don't think it is s good moisturizer for the colder, dryer, climates. I think it would work well for oily skin types, especially during the hotter, humid, climates. It does not sting or irritate my skin. I am using it now (in February) for areas that need a little extra moisture. I will not be buying this again - I can find more economical lightweight, protective, moisturizers that also have SPF.

on 2/7/2015 9:43:00 AM

I have an acne prone skin and I decided to try this product after the salesperson convinced me that this is a good moisturizer though it doesn't work for acne. The texture is soft and lightweight. I live in a humid country and this doesn't make my face feels greasy and sticky. I apply this moisturizer after Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating face serum in the morning, and after Shiseido Future Solution LX at night. I think this product won't be hydrating enough for me without those Kate and Shiseido serum because the Kate Somerville acne facial wash I'm using right now is pretty drying. However if you are not using drying acne products whatsoever, this actually is a pretty good moisturizer though I'm sure it won't be moisturizing enough for winter.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought an entire collection in this brand hoping that between the price and hype I would LOVE it. I hated it...left my skin feeling gross....old lady smell....didn't do what it claimed.

on 1/26/2015 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I did a review on this a long time ago and I just could not get over the smell. Well, jar still full, I went on a mission to make this work for me. Solution! I added lemongrass essential oil. I added 5 drops to the 2 Oz container and it covered the smell just enough for me to use. Besides lemongrass is great for the skin. I used twice now with no ill effects. Yea! Hope this helps someone.

Popular Moisturizers