Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 2/7/2015 9:43:00 AM

I have an acne prone skin and I decided to try this product after the salesperson convinced me that this is a good moisturizer though it doesn't work for acne. The texture is soft and lightweight. I live in a humid country and this doesn't make my face feels greasy and sticky. I apply this moisturizer after Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating face serum in the morning, and after Shiseido Future Solution LX at night. I think this product won't be hydrating enough for me without those Kate and Shiseido serum because the Kate Somerville acne facial wash I'm using right now is pretty drying. However if you are not using drying acne products whatsoever, this actually is a pretty good moisturizer though I'm sure it won't be moisturizing enough for winter.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought an entire collection in this brand hoping that between the price and hype I would LOVE it. I hated it...left my skin feeling gross....old lady smell....didn't do what it claimed.

on 1/26/2015 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I did a review on this a long time ago and I just could not get over the smell. Well, jar still full, I went on a mission to make this work for me. Solution! I added lemongrass essential oil. I added 5 drops to the 2 Oz container and it covered the smell just enough for me to use. Besides lemongrass is great for the skin. I used twice now with no ill effects. Yea! Hope this helps someone.

on 1/18/2015 2:56:00 PM

Not worth the money, does not give a great amount of moisture, feels very watery on the skin and smells like an old lady! Only finishing the tub so its not a waste of money but would not buy or recommend to others.

on 1/18/2015 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really think their products are way over priced.
This was no exception.
I think this would be better suited for dry skin in need of a thick cream.
I have oily skin and this was very heavy on my skin. I broke out like crazy with deep cystic blemishes that took forever to heal :(
Also it was too heavy and made my undereye area very puffy.

on 1/15/2015 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this after reading some rave reviews. I have somewhat clear skin with some redness and uneven skin tone. The first week that I tried this my skin became soft and more even toned (not sure if it was this or the Maracuja oil that I started using at the same time). But by the second week I started seeing new pimples popping up each day.

So I stopped using this and within a week the pimples went away. I gave it another try after that but within hours of applying it new pimples began appearing.

Disappointed because it cost so much and it doesn't work for me.

on 1/12/2015 5:03:00 AM

When I think about my experience with this product, I can only come up with nothing. It's not that it didn't provide me with it's hopes, or that it failed me in any way-it just didn't show up. I ordered this product from CosmeticsAmerica and after my debit card payment was made, with correct billing address, they managed to ship it to the wrong address. I asked for a resend or reimbursement, and they refused. No business is better than bad business. Don't buy from them.

on 1/9/2015 9:03:00 PM

Well....I got this one as a sample with the 8 oz. Purity cleanser. I have to say, the cleanser seems OK and smells good enough, but the hope cream OMG....smells horrible, like it is decompose or something and on top of that it made my skin incredible dry. I have dry skin, but this is ridiculous..... I would never buy it.

So much raving about this product for NOTHING. This is a basic moisturizer that doesn not give anything to your skin. Not worth it at all. Smell is nice and the texture is also. I'm very loyal to products so when I like something I wont change it but after I finished the jar I didn't even consider to buy it again. There are so many other products out there that beat this hands down.

on 12/10/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had heard such ravings about this product and line that I decided I had to try it. Being a bit skeptical, I bought the travel version, 0.5 oz. I paid 15.00 for it, which was upsetting... but if it was as amazing as hailed, I wouldn't have minded.

Alas! It was not. It was not amazing, or great, or even good. It was merely 'Blah.' And to top it off, it dried out in just a few days even with the cap secured.

If I want to dump money into over hyped junk that doesn't work, I think I have the number for California Psychics around somewhere.

Popular Moisturizers