July 31, 2014 | 1544 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Maneejih

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If I could give this zero stars, I would. I'm glad that it isn't just me that doensn't like this moisturizer as it doesn't have a good rating on here eithier. But I always hear about how good it's supposed to be. First off the smell is absolutely disgusting, it makes me literally gag. And this is not a perfumey smell, this smells like rotten food. I don't understand how anyone can stand the smell no matter how good it performs. But to top it off, I hate the moisturzer itself, I felt like I was wearing a mask when I wore this moisturizer cause it just sits on your face. Don't waste your money on this, glad I had just a sample and didn't actually go to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by adelyn305

I have combination skin, this stuff does WONDERS to my face, I use it with Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 cleanser and i'm still thrilled over how SOFT it makes my skin feels! Using it alone did not do that much to my face i must say, not until i pair it with the cleanser. I love how the souffle-like texture sets on my face immediately after applying it. I absolutely dislike greasy/oily feeling that other moisturizers tend to give me, but this one is an exception!

I would apply this at night after I cleanse my face with Clarisonic and leave it on overnight. Waking up to the softest skin is the best feeling ever! I've been using for a week plus now, day and night. It's crazy how many times I tried to resist touching my face just to feel the soft and smooth complexion these products give me! I'm officially tied to this product, completely sold!! <3

Side Note: I was quite taken aback by the smell at first, it was like a like-it-or-hate-it kind of scent, but after a few days I've gotten accustomed to it and it doesn't bother me at all already. After all, fragrance is not something that I would want to apply on my face, I have found my way to love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'll admit I was a little weary about purchasing HIAJ after reading all the terrible reviews, especially about the smell. So when I got this in philosophy's Radiant & Refined kit I braced myself when I popped open HIAJ and took a whiff.
Huh. Not too bad. I will admit it's not the most pleasant of smells but I can handle it just fine. So, now that I took the sniff test it was time to test this stuff out. What I love about it the most is how a little bit really goes a long long way. I can just grab a tiny dollop and it spreads across my whole face with ease. The texture is dreamy...very creamy and silk-like. I love it. As for results, my face has NEVER been this smooth and clear. My existing blemish clusters are gone (within a week's time!) and my whole face looks smoother, more radiant, more glowing. The formula says it has gentle exfoliants in it to daily even out skin texture and tone and I really think that's what it does! I have very combo skin: I'm oily where I also get flaky. My skin has a mind of its own sometimes! But I think HIAJ balances out all of that. I haven't been very oily, if at all, and my dryness has subsided. I will admit I think for gals who tend to be more dry may not like this forumla all that well but for combo/normal/normal-dry girls this is the stuff of dreams.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Tnalexander

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the sample size from Sephora because I have very very dry and sensitive skin. This product successfully moisturized my skin with causing my face to turn red like many other moisturizers do, however hope in a jar caused the top of my cheekbones and the outer corners of my eyes to sting and react to the product. Not my favorite. I'd rather use SkinMD from the drugstore. FYI this red stinging problem has only happened with a handful of products and as best as I can tell it's caused by witch hazel, aloe, and products that are "all natural."

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this is a value pack from QVC. I love the purity made simple that came with is and read all the rave reviews on this stuff. I swear that my jar had to be expired. The smell was so awful. It smelled like fish, or metal. The smell I cannot stand is the smell that comes off of keys or coins when handling them. Every time I wore this stuff I could not get past the smell. HATED IT! Could be that I got a bad jar, but either way, the moisturzer wasnt anything special anyway. Would not repurchase, huge regret, waste of a lot of money!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by niightingale

too expensive! doesn't do anything for my face. not worth the money. might have been breaking me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by makeuphormones

I'm not sure if they altered the ingredients, but I used to love this. Holy grail love! Either my skin has changed or the product has changed, but this doesn't work for me anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by LL1130

I got this during the sephora VIB sale and the sales assistant was really friendly and recommended this to me since I was looking for a moisturizer. I have always loved the purity cleanser so I got this Hope In a Jar in a kit with a cleanser and the Eye Hope. Both the cleanser and the eye cream worked well but I just couldn't stand the smell of this. While I do like the light consistency of it, the smell just bothered me so much that I needed to get rid of it, will never be purchasing this because I just cant stand the smell of this on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by n2fraser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to try this moisturiser as my friend had finished a whole tub and we have similar skin, but after using it for a few months, I am kind of disappointed. Firstly, I bought it when I was overseas and had to travel around with it, the packaging was sooo bad for this, the cream would end up all over the lid and up the sides and it would even leak out liquid! I loved that it was a whipped moisturiser, but after travelling with it, it seemed to have lost all the air and just became a normal sloppy consistency.
Another thing is the smell, I really tried to like it and thought of it like this: "it doesnt have to smell nice, as long as it is doing good for my skin" but now I feel I am just lying to myself. Theres just something weird about it, and I can't quite put my finger on it.
As for how it makes my skin feel? It feels nice to put on, I think I might prefer something a bit thicker (I use it as a night moisturiser) but I haven't noticed anything amazing. I have recently even started going back to my old drugstore cream because the smell is so gross before bedtime! It is very overpriced for what it is.
Overall I was disappointed with this product and definitely would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by blonderedhead78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I began using this cream 10 years ago while I was in my early twenties. Back then, I didn't really notice any difference in my skin from this cream, probably because I didn't have any major skin issues. Now that I am in my thirties, I began to notice discoloration, dullness and texture changes and decided to give this brand another try. I have to say that I have seen a tremendous improvement in my skin over the past 3 weeks. HIAJ is the perfect amount of moisture and leaves my skin soft and glowing. Texture has improved and my skin is brighter, more even toned and fine lines are improved. I use this in conjunction with the vitamin c booster and HIAJ night cream, and also use the retinol treatment 3x a week.