CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot say enough good things about this cleanser. I've been using it for about three weeks after seeing the reviews and consulting with SCB. It has a creamy, gel-like consistency. It cleanses so effectively, I honestly cannot believe it. My pores are so much less noticeable without makeup, because it's cleansing deeply. I notice more even skin tone, and my skin is more glowy! And it's so smooth! There is an amazing difference in texture! I mean, I'm using the PM moisturizer too, but I only started using it about a week ago. The difference in texture started about a week into using the cleanser. I bought it at Walmart for $13.99! I would say no better cleanser for the price, but I've got to say no better cleanser PERIOD! I'm 60, and I've been really taking care of my skin all my life. I've used many, many products. This is hands down the BEST cleanser I have ever used. It's perfect for mature skin. Gentle, effective, hydrating, texturizing. Absolute HG. Finally!

on 3/9/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Whoo Hoo...finally a drugstore cleanser that works for my crappy skin. I have normal skin, redness and prone to occasional breakouts. I use this my with Sephora Pore Cleansing Pad and cant rave enough. Have officially said goodbye to my Algenist cleanser(which used to work, but the redness never went away). Well this lotion like cleanser when used with my pad takes off all my makeup and does not aggravate the redness around my chin area. Does not leave my skin feeling too dry. Used this through out this winter and survived. Thought I would never find the right cleanser for my skin needs. Keeps my skin clear..
Cant rave enough...

on 3/4/2015 1:25:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this, so I feel qualified to say that this stuff saved my skin. Almost. I've been acne-prone since puberty so while I have accepted that I am going to have some zits/blackheads no matter what, I also know what my "baseline" skin looks like. My skin is almost always dry after washing, and becomes greasy a few hours later (but still flaky underneath. gross.) - since switching to this face wash I've noticed a lot less dry patches, and overall fewer closed comedones. My previous cleanser, Hadalabo Gokujyun Foaming, was gentle but I still found it to be drying and irritating after a few weeks of use.

The texture is kind of strange - creamy and slightly gel-like, but super soothing. I don't wear makeup but I'm not sure this stuff could handle removing make up (OR heavy oil, if you remove your makeup with mineral oil or the like), but for removing the day's sunscreen and some extra oiliness, it works wonderfully. My only beef is that it's a tad expensive for me: $17 for 12oz at Walgreens, but it lasts about two months of twice daily use, so I'll take it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product so much I had to write a review. My usually oily skin was mostly under control until I switched my birth control to the Literature pill which was the worst prescription ever! As if the acne wasn't bad enough it came with dark marks too. I hated looking in the mirror, my face looked completely different. I tried proactive which was an expensive waste of money, neutrogena, Clearasil you name it. My brother told me his dermatologist recommended Cerave so I bought it thinking why not since nothing else proven worthy. I mean this product is amazing! I truly felt a difference from day one because it leaves my skin feeling clean and it doesn't over dry or anything. I use the moisturizer as well and that is all I need. NO 5 step system or multiple product necessities and its very affordable. I almost thought there would be no hope, but if this can help me I know it can help someone with the same issues. MY skin has cleared dramatically . I used to wear makeup everyday to hide these blemishes, now I can wear makeup when I feel like it which is not everyday. Ladies or gentleman if you have oily skin and want something that works give it a try!

on 2/16/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My typically oily skin has recently become this weird combination of oil with itchy flaky dry skin underneath. Not sure if it's from the extremely cold winter or just that my skin is changing. Anyway I switched to this cleanser after reading some great reviews both here and on some other makeup reviews sites. First of all I don't use this to remove makeup, I don't think it would so I didn't try. I use Life brand 3 in 1 cleansing cloths from SDM to remove my makeup at night. I use this cleanser in the morning and only at night if I didn't use makeup during the day or if I am following up the cleansing cloths with my clarisonic (I use the clarisonic twice per week). My skin is less dry since I started using this, there is no tightness/itching to my skin after washing with this and no breakouts. My skin feels softer and looks less red and more clear. The consistency is a little weird for a cleanser, it feels like I am trying to wash with a runny lotion but it works really well. If you have any dryness at all I would recommend using this. Best gentle cleanser for acne prone, dry/combo skin I have found so far. Would repurchase.

on 2/15/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't like this although it claims to remove makeup it does not, not even a light powder if ur makeup free then u might like it very gentle.

on 2/13/2015 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have normal-dry skin (used to be very dry but has now normalised drastically). I'm still wary of foaming cleansers so I picked up the hydrating one hearing rave reviews about it. I must say its nothing special. However it did not break me out, the pH is apparently balanced, and it seems gentle enough for even sensitive skin. These are the pros. The cons are - it leaves a slightly filmy feeling after use and could not remove makeup (I oil cleanse before I use this so its not a problem for me but in case there's any residue even after oil cleansing).

This is a very average product but effective enough. I know I can find better and I will be on the hunt for it. Until then this product is "decent enough."

on 2/9/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As much as I love Cerave Moisturizers -- this cleanser wasn't anything special for me. Yes, it is hydrating. But it didn't do a great job at removing my makeup. It doesn't lather and is more of a gel-cream cleanser. I won't purchase this again because there are others that hydrate AND remove makeup. But if you are only going to use this in the morning to start the day -- it would be great!

on 2/7/2015 3:29:00 PM

This is just a nice basic non drying facial wash! I started using this 4 years ago with a facial brush and have never looked back. It has done wonders for my skin. However, that being said It is not a product that is going to wow you. I tried using it without a facial brush and just did not like it nor did it do a good job for me, left makeup and didn't really "clean" my face. It has a nice creamy consistancy but does not foam or get sudsy. The smell is very non offensive, if just really doesn't smell like anything at all. So if you have a facial brush or don't wear makeup, you get a nice product for a really decent price. If you don't have a facial brush I would say skip it and try something else.

on 2/6/2015 12:35:00 PM

I purchased this product to wash my face at night to remove my makeup foundation, eyeliner, mascara, etc., because someone on "You Tube" recommended it and said it removed her makeup. Well, not mine, it doesn't work. After washing my face, all my makeup was on my white hand towel. The product does not state that it will remove makeup. I switched to Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser "Foaming Formula" to remove my makeup and that does the job.