April 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing cleanser for the morning, especially during this never ending winter. Just enough to clean off the grime from sleeping and whatever treatment may still be on my face, but never makes my face red or tight feeling. I prefer the foaming cleanser for night time makeup/sunscreen removal, but this makes my face feel clean, soft, and ready for moisturizer in the morning. Price is pretty good considering that one bottle lasts 6 months, and the packaging is good. One pump is enough to wash my face and neck. Texture is strange and lotion like, but I have learned to love it. No fragrance and good stuff like ceramides that I feel have truly helped my skin become more balanced, less dry, and less sensitive. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After a miserable suncreen failure and really bad sunburn on my already winter dry face I needed something that would be gentle and not leave my skin feeling even more uncomfortable. This is super gentle and doesn't leave my face tight like most other cleansers. I think it's strange that it struggles to remove makeup completely since the texture resembles a light, clean rinsing cold cream but I just use a facial oil and cotton balls to remove my makeup and sunscreen before washing. I'm usually a fan of OCM but my skin is parched and sore right now. The rubbing required would be too much. Great for dry iritated skin. Glad I gave it a try and I hope it works well for me year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by MikaLovesMakeUp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really like the fact that it has no particular smell. The texture is smooth, kind of like a hair conditionner. I have dry, flaky skin during the winter and I found that CeraVe makes it a lot better. I tried Cetaphil but it didn't make my skin feel as soft and clean as CeraVe. Great hydrating cleanser :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product was recommended by my dermatologist after I started taking a prescription that dried out my skin. While it doesn't lather/foam up, it's gentle on my skin. It took a bit of getting used to- as all my cleansers have been bubbly washes, and after 30-some years, change is tough. I've found I have to use a separate towelette to remove my makeup, as this cleanser is not effective enough for that. After removing my makeup, I follow up with this cleanser. I make sure to wet my face first, gently rub the cleanser into my skin in circular motions for about 30 seconds, then let the cleanser sit on my face for an extra minute before I wash it off. It washes off easily, and leaves my skin feeling fresh (not at all like Cetaphil, which I could not stand). I'm hoping this product improves the overall quality of my skin (and considering it's got hylauronic acid, there's a good chance it does) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for three days; twice a day morning and night. Saw results immediately. Skin flaking has signifigantly reduced and the overall redness in my face has subsided as well. Be warned this is not a lathering foamy wash, in fact it feels and looks rather like a conditioner or lotion. And putting that right on your face will make you wary if you have oily skin but this has yet to cause a single breakout or pimple.
Due to oily skin I stay away from anything "hydrating" or "moisturizing", but recently I had a dry patch around my nose brought on by my liberal use of 90% alcohol to dry out huge pimples brought on by waxing my lip.... *sigh. In addition to acne, I had the wax pimples popping up, now that they were subsiding the alcohol had worked but all the dry flakes were there and even a clinique 7 day scrub wasn't taking them away. I decided somethign kind was now in order and saw this had decent reviewso n ulta. Came here to confirm then made ethe committment of $13 at a nearby target. I will continue use until summer time then alternate back with Nutrogena go-to orangey facial wash

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! It leaves me feeling clean and truly not stripped. In fact I find that Cetaphil dries me out even more than this. I would love to try other cleansers, but would probably always go back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Pauser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser! It's gentle, hydrating, and unscented. It doesn't strip my skin or leave it feeling tight after I wash. I've been using this for years. It costs about $13 for a 12-ounce bottle. I keep one on my bathroom sink and one in my shower, and I replace them maybe twice a year. I just finished one that I opened in July.

Note: this is for people with dry skin. If you are acne prone, do NOT use this. CeraVe makes a foaming cleanser for those with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Lollikist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After getting some pretty mild acne I went through all sorts of remedies, cleansers, etc. I have to say that I enjoy this the most.
This face wash is very gentle, and hydrating. I love the research behind it and I am comfortable knowing that my skin is in good hands.
I use this with my Foreo Luna Mini and it feels like such a nice facial massage. I also use it in conjunction with the moisturizing cream. My skin is left very soft and I don't see myself using any other product.
I bought this at BJs whole sale so I got two bottles for $17.99.
It's been two months of me using it and I haven't finished the first bottle yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

This is my HG morning cleanser.

I have slightly oily, very sensitive skin. I break out in small flesh colored bumps and blackheads, never pimples.

This cleanser leaves my skin perfectly balanced - not oily, nor dry. It's too gentle at night to remove my makeup (concealer, powder, brow pencil, mascara, blush or Bronzer, and sometimes eyeshadow or eyeliner,) so I use a deeper cleanser with my Clarisonic at night. But for the morning, when my skin just needs a little refresher, this cleanser is perfect! Leaves my skin soft and ready for makeup. Reduces redness. Calms skin. Fragrance free. I love it(:

UPDATE: It's been a good solid 4 or 5 weeks of using this. Still my fav.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

I began using this cleanser when I reintroduced cetaphil in my skincare regimen. My skin is currently recovering from a winter breakout (and perhaps the tragic result of experimenting with too many products) and while I initially started with Cetaphil, I bought this one because I found it far more gentle on my skin.

The consistency is very similar to cetaphil, it does not lather but it feels more like a cream cleanser. It is non-drying which is a plus! After I pat my face with a towel, my skin feels rehydrated and ready for my moisturizer.

The biggest plus is Cerave DOES NOT test on animals! This is my new HG cleanser.