August 30, 2014 | 1767 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Zagliadod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive and dry skin, and so many things irritate, dry me further, and break me out. I like this cleanser because it is very gentle on my skin, which is rare for me. Unfortunately it doesn't completely remove my makeup, so I rate it 4 stars rather than 5. I am going to try the Cerave foaming cleanser in hopes that it is more successful at makeup removal, and hope it is just as gentle and non drying. Maybe if I mix them.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alas, my search for a cleanser that is not drying yet still actually cleanses well has hit another brick wall. I typically give a product a thorough testing before I write any reviews, but I could tell right away that this was a failure. I really wanted to like it because it has so much going for it in terms of hygenic packaging, price, drugstore availability, and ingredients that are excellent for dry skin types. But it is, to put it bluntly, useless at cleansing, and it feels more like a lotion instead. The only makeup I was wearing was some light under-eye concealer, and after rinsing my skin very well and patting dry with a white towel, I could see that quite a bit of the concealer had been left behind on my skin. I will be returning it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh heck no... This may be someones' HG cleanser but it broke me out in cystic acne in 3 places with a week of using it. My skin hardly ever breaks out so I know it was this stuff. Be super cautious if you have never used it before, no matter what other reviews say or post.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I debated between this cleanser and the foaming one for a long time but finally decided to try this one out first since my skin is quite dehydrated (not dry) and slightly oily at times.

I was quite surprised with the feel of this cleanser at first - to be honest I didnt like the cream feel but it grew on me. I noticed my skin looking much healthier after each wash and no longer had any dry pacthes or flaky skin (I use Retin-A).

It also didnt make my skin oilier but seemed to balance out the oils since I was no longer stripping them with a harsh cleanser. This stuff is so great and I think I'll be giving the foaming one a try in the future just to see how it works out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by elle918

Excellent cleanser. I have extremely sensitive skin and this does the trick. I alternate between this and Cetaphil for a gentle facial wash. Be sure to remove most if not all traces of makeup before using this. It won't really do so well in that area.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is amazing! It's truly a gentle cleanser that doesn't overly strip/dry the face. It's very hydrating. I like to use this when my face is drier or during the colder months in combination of CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. It took off my eye makeup, so that's a plus too.

Texture: It's like a lotion. At first it felt a little bit weird, mostly because I was expecting the typical kind (gel-like consistency) of facial cleanser.

Scent: Fragrance-free, sort of.

Finish: This rinses off nicely. Doesn't make my face feel tight. Doesn't leave a film like some other face cleansers have.

Effects: Didn't break me out and seems to help balance out my skin. This is overall a good face wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My sensitive skin loves this fragrance free cleanser. I've used this product off and on for a couple years. The more I use it the more I appreciate it. Super hydrating, I never feel tight or dry after using it. The large 12 ounce pump-style bottle is both convenient and economical retailing for about $12 dollars. This is truly a luxury product in the drugstore aisle. and I need all the affordable help I can get. Recently I did a number on my skin with soap and an apple cider vinegar toner (See my reviews for One With Nature Dead Sea Mud Triple Milled Soap and Bragg's Apple Cider Vineger). Red and raw, this is the cleanser I'm using to repair the damage. Although the company doesn't advertise it for some reason, this cleanser doesn't contain fragrance (My skin is so bad off I can't stand any fragrance at the moment). It also deposits ceramides onto the skin which helps moisturize and helps maintain the skin's protective barrier. Since I've basically trashed my skin's protective barrier, this is exactly what I need at the moment. I follow up with the CeraVe P.M. Lotion (I use it in the A.M. too), and I'm already seeing and feeling a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Kadyjoi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products that I keep coming back to after getting bored and trying something else. It doesn't foam up and isn't extremely effective at removing waterproof eye-makeup, but for basic cleansing this does the job without irritating my skin. I use it morning and night. It's one of those no nonsense products that does exactly what it claims. My eye may wander to prettier bottles and fantastic claims of eternal youth, but this gem will always be in my bathroom. I highly recommend this for dry, sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Danceraileen

I have super sensitive skin, I break out here and there AND I'm allergic to some antibacterial practically every face wash has so imagine my relief to finding this! It a nice calm face wash I use twice a day and I no longer have rashes on my face. It doesn't help with break outs but there is other stuff for that. For those who had a bad reaction to it check the ingredients it's possible you are sensitive to hylauric acid because that can be what's causing your issues other than that this product got a stamp of approval from the eczema society so for those of us who can't use fancy products because our skin will hate is this is perfect

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best cleanser I've found so far. I have combination/oily but sensitive skin so I decided to try this instead of the foaming cleanser. It's the only one I've used that doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight, instead it is soft and less oily. It doesn't do much in terms of removing makeup or treating breakouts but I can use other products for that. The price could be better but I've used this twice daily for over five months and haven't run out yet so it is worth it. I will repurchase.