CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This isn't an especially great cleanser by any means - but it is good for sensitive skin. This does not clean off makeup well, so a makeup remover beforehand is a must.

I use my cleansers with a microdermabrasion brush so the cleansing part is mostly attributed to the brush.

Overall, a pretty decent cleanser. It is a bit on the pricier side though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I recently finished my two bottles of the Olay sensitive foaming cleanser. It had been recommended to me about a year ago on the boards as a fuss-free cleanser that wouldn't bother my skin. When I finished it I realized I think I could find something better for around the same price. I already use the Cerave PM, so I decided to try the hydrating cleanser as it has pretty similar ingredients.
I am so happy I did because it is really great! It is so comfortable to use, my skin feels refreshed and happy, there is no residue and it's a good price.
I think some people might not like that it doesn't foam up, but to be honest, the chemicals that they add in to make it foam only dry your face out - or at least they dry mine out. A while ago I bought about 20 wash cloths and I use them along with the cleanser and I have no problems getting all my makeup off easily.

I had high hopes for this cleanser after reading all the amazing reviews about it.....but it didn't work for my sensitive, dehydrated and acne prone skin.....it was already burning me slightly around my mouth and cheeks when i was using it the first time...and then my face immediately didn't feel right with the flushing heat all over.......then the itchiness came along......i tried to use it a second time....same thing......so its a no go for me...!!

I have sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin and this cleanser works beautifully. I haven't always been so lucky. Other cleansers marked 'sensitive' have inflamed my skin to the point of pain. The one caveat is that it doesn't remove all makeup so I use a pad with Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water to wipe off any lingering traces after I wash my face at night.

I was looking for a hydrating cleanser for the upcoming colder months because my combo/oily skin turns very dry. I'm not fully convinced that this is actually hydrating my skin at all. It feels OK on the skin and does an OK job of cleansing after using Clinique TTDO balm to remove my makeup. But ultimately I don't feel like this is a game-changer for me. I've used other cream cleansers that have provided more moisture and hydration. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Full disclosure: I'm currently obsessed with CeraVe products after swapping out all my Cetaphil products for CeraVe! I've had acne for 14+ years and use prescription and over the counter medications to treat. My skin is extremely oily and extremely dry at the same time. Some parts of my face- specifically my cheeks, under my eyes, and upper lip area- are very sensitive. Other parts- specifically my forehead, nose, chin, and the sides of my face- are tough and seem to be able to withstand anything. I recently switched from Cetaphil Cleanser to CeraVe hydrating cleanser and I'm absolutely love it! It's very hydrating and cleansing, and as promisedi it leaves my skin feeling soft. Those are the pros. The cons that keep me from giving it a perfect rating:

1) When I first apply it, it sometimes stings the sensitive areas of my face for a few seconds- but so did the Cetaphil cleanser.

2) It's not the most effective make-up remover so if I wear make-up, I use my make-up remover and then use the hydrating cleanser.

3) It's not cheap- but it's well worth it in my opinion.

Broke me out horribly

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is a gentle cleanser that is good for dehydrated skin as well as dry skin. I don't know about sensitive and/or reactive skin because this burned so bad. I just couldnt use it. Plus it left a film on my skin I could taste.
I have pretty sensitive, reactive skin that is combination with dehydration prone cheeks I have large open pores and tend to suffer more from closed comedones than actual pustules. That said I found my skin feeling a bit sandy after a week of use. That is the feel of clogged pores. I am seeking a cleanser that is gentle and does not leave a residue. Foaming cleansers seem great initially but I always suffer irritation fron the foaming agents eventually.

Makes a great shaving lotion tho :) continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference: I have very dry skin.

This formula is really for people with dry skin. I would steer clear if you have "normal" skin. (despite what the packaging says) I would recommend going with the normal formula. (same pump bottle, but has a blue stripe instead of the green)

I am pleased overall with this cleanser. It doesn't lather, and has the consistency of a moisturizer, but does a good job. It is very gentle and adds quite a bit of moisture to my parched skin. I went from using moisturizer 2x a day, to now only once.
(I will post an update once the winter comes, and I can fully determine if this product can moisturize for when my skin is at it's driest)
I also think the redness in my cheeks has reduced since I started using this too. I can't say for sure if this is because of the facewash, or if it is just because my skin is less dry. Either way, I am using less foundation, and my skin is much more even in tone.

It does not remove all makeup. Saying it does it just silly. I gave it a shot when I first purchased. I used it dry, without water, on a full face of makeup. It appeared like it washed away everything! I took a makeup remover wipe afterwards, and saw quite a bit of foundation and eyeshadow that was left behind. Not an issue for me - but does add another step to my nightly routine.

TLDR: It does a great job, doesn't remove makeup fully. Perfect for people with very dry and sensitive skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Turns out its not hype, this stuffs amazing. I'd been using wipes to remove makeup but on there own, its an overwhelming task to get my full face, neck and for being truly cleaned would end up using two or three of them. A fav product of mine and so economical

Began using this cleanser and leaves my skin immediately feeling so soft plus removes makeup very well for me. I still use a wipe, sometimes splitting to half a wipe to follow up to get do touch up finish cleaning - across face but moreso ears, back of neck , spots where would get messy washing with cleanser & trying to rinse.