August 1, 2014 | 1914 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is amazing! It's truly a gentle cleanser that doesn't overly strip/dry the face. It's very hydrating. I like to use this when my face is drier or during the colder months in combination of CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. It took off my eye makeup, so that's a plus too.

Texture: It's like a lotion. At first it felt a little bit weird, mostly because I was expecting the typical kind (gel-like consistency) of facial cleanser.

Scent: Fragrance-free, sort of.

Finish: This rinses off nicely. Doesn't make my face feel tight. Doesn't leave a film like some other face cleansers have.

Effects: Didn't break me out and seems to help balance out my skin. This is overall a good face wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My sensitive skin loves this fragrance free cleanser. I've used this product off and on for a couple years. The more I use it the more I appreciate it. Super hydrating, I never feel tight or dry after using it. The large 12 ounce pump-style bottle is both convenient and economical retailing for about $12 dollars. This is truly a luxury product in the drugstore aisle. and I need all the affordable help I can get. Recently I did a number on my skin with soap and an apple cider vinegar toner (See my reviews for One With Nature Dead Sea Mud Triple Milled Soap and Bragg's Apple Cider Vineger). Red and raw, this is the cleanser I'm using to repair the damage. Although the company doesn't advertise it for some reason, this cleanser doesn't contain fragrance (My skin is so bad off I can't stand any fragrance at the moment). It also deposits ceramides onto the skin which helps moisturize and helps maintain the skin's protective barrier. Since I've basically trashed my skin's protective barrier, this is exactly what I need at the moment. I follow up with the CeraVe P.M. Lotion (I use it in the A.M. too), and I'm already seeing and feeling a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Kadyjoi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products that I keep coming back to after getting bored and trying something else. It doesn't foam up and isn't extremely effective at removing waterproof eye-makeup, but for basic cleansing this does the job without irritating my skin. I use it morning and night. It's one of those no nonsense products that does exactly what it claims. My eye may wander to prettier bottles and fantastic claims of eternal youth, but this gem will always be in my bathroom. I highly recommend this for dry, sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Danceraileen

I have super sensitive skin, I break out here and there AND I'm allergic to some antibacterial practically every face wash has so imagine my relief to finding this! It a nice calm face wash I use twice a day and I no longer have rashes on my face. It doesn't help with break outs but there is other stuff for that. For those who had a bad reaction to it check the ingredients it's possible you are sensitive to hylauric acid because that can be what's causing your issues other than that this product got a stamp of approval from the eczema society so for those of us who can't use fancy products because our skin will hate is this is perfect

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best cleanser I've found so far. I have combination/oily but sensitive skin so I decided to try this instead of the foaming cleanser. It's the only one I've used that doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight, instead it is soft and less oily. It doesn't do much in terms of removing makeup or treating breakouts but I can use other products for that. The price could be better but I've used this twice daily for over five months and haven't run out yet so it is worth it. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by LambLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin has been feeling dehydrated for a while so I decided to try this out. At first I did not notice much of a difference, but after a couple of days, my skin did not feel as tight and itchy. I have been using the product for over two weeks now and I am really happy with it. It cleanses my skin and does not dry or irritate it.

I don't wear foundation and I do clean off my eye make-up before I wash my face, so I can not comment on how well it removes make-up. But this is a great product for sensitive skin that can not tolerate most other cleansers.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by seaweed88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This left my skin looking decent enough, but it did clog my pores and cause blackheads. I stopped using it after a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by slayergurl

I was recommended this product for my dry skin but I did not like it at all. I did oil cleansing to remove my makeup and followed up with the cleanser and it did not remove the traces of makeup. After a few uses, I stopped using it because I was starting to develop several acne spots on my skin. Might work for others but it did not work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Tinkerbell

This was recommended to me by my dermatologist.. I was using it with my Clarisonic. I noticed that after I used it and went to dry my face that I still saw traces of makeup coming off on the towel... This happened a number of time so I am using it for cleansing in the shower. I did not experience any breakouts from this but switched back to Purity cleanser for better removal of my makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

Not very efficient at removing everything and leaves a wierd film on my skin and sink. It doesn't strip my skin like other cleansers, but it won't replace my philosophy purity by any means.

Update: its officially been thrown away at 85% full.