CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 5/9/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wasn't impressed with that product at all, it stung my face when I used it, was thick, and didn't leave my face feeling clean really.. That brand is very overrated in my opinion..cleansing your face should be a pleasurable moment, with a product that is nice to use..there are better options out there..
Didn't care for the moisturizer either!!

on 5/9/2015 12:05:00 AM

I tried to like this product, I really did. With all the good reviews I wanted to wish that it would work and I'd finally find something that makes my skin healthy again but it did not.

I bought this after a coworker told me her dermatologist recommended it to her. She has (almost) flawless skin and I've been battling acne for a couple years now resulting in scarring. I decided to try it. The texture is gross, first off. Like everyone else is saying, it's literally like you're washing your face with lotion. My face never felt clean and fresh after I got out of the shower and it left a film on my face because it doesn't completely rinse off. Then to put moisturizer on top of that? The moisturizer is also pretty thick compared to most facial moisturizers. A couple days later I noticed I had a cyst on my cheek. I normally don't get cysts unless it's that TOTM but that's even on my chin so I was a little worried. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and kept using it... got another cyst. Next day, got another. I was hoping it was just a "purge" but my face doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm also breaking out with white heads which my face has NEVER done. Even if things started going better I don't think I'd want to keep using it because my face feels gross when I put it on. Quite disappointed but luckily I have a dermatologist appointment scheduled soon.

EDIT: I continued to use this product until my appointment with the doctor. I will say that it does seem to clear up any pimples really quickly.. even though it's still making me break out. After a cyst would appear the bump would start to go down within a day or two and is not painful anymore. However, a little bump and redness are still present. I will say that in order to not feel like I had a gross film on my face, I had to repeat circular motions with just water twice to make sure that nothing was left on my face. It may work better for you as all skin is different, this was just my experience with it. I also have Keratosis Pilaris so I already have an issue with clogged pores so this cleanser may not be best for me as it is too thick. I do like the moisturizer, though. It's thick but light at the same time and still lets your skin breathe. I would have given it more time but my dermatologist put me on Epiduo and requested I use Cetaphil instead.

on 4/29/2015 10:52:00 AM

This is fine. It absolutely does NOT remove makeup whatsoever but I use the Clinique Balm cleanser first and this effectively removes any oily residue from that without drying out my skin. It's also good to use in the morning since I don't need much actual cleansing at that time.

It's a very basic product. You do receive a lot for your dollar. Everything about it is inoffensive, yet that also has the flip side of not having anything exceptional or fun about it. Innocuous smell, slightly slimy texture. It can leave a film after rinsing but I assume that's to lock moisture in and it has never broken me out, etc. I will probably repurchase at least once more in my lifetime but I don't love it. If it didn't have that weird texture I'd give it a 4 since it's useful, but it does gross me out a bit.

x_X

on 4/29/2015 2:11:00 AM

This product does absolutely nothing for me.

on 4/29/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this for my dry winter skin but I found it too drying for me. It said on the bottle that it removes makeup but it never got any of mine off. It also stung my skin every time I used it, I have no idea why. I continued using it only in the morning and eventually got rid of it because it wasn't doing me any good. I really wanted to like it though.

on 4/28/2015 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update: No longer using as I've found a new friend in Paula's Choice Moisture Boost cleanser. Somewhat similar to this, but rinses easier and doesn't contain any of my clog triggers.

When my skin is extremely dehydrated or irritated I borrow my mom's bottle of this and it does a great job of cleaning my skin without worsening the issues. I usually see results after 2 days and can then return to my regular cleanser. Unfortunately I cannot use this regularly because it will eventually give me closed comedones. I so wish this didn't contain cetearyl alcohol because it works so well for my skin otherwise -- non-drying, non-irritating, and no leftover film.

on 4/26/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My dermatologist recommended this to me and it is very mediocre. It does not cleanse the skin well. I was using coconut oil as my makeup remover and after rinsing that off with water and then using this cleanser, I still had build up from the oil on my face. I wasn't really breaking out from it (I added a lippie for that) but I did have a considerable amount of small little bumps underneath my skin. After using this for maybe 6 months my skin had never felt more congested and I knew it was because of this cleanser. I stepped out on faith and picked up the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Detox Foaming Cleanser, and there was an instant relief. My skin felt soo much better and the texture started to smooth out. I'm going to do a review on that cleanser next! I experimented with this one again after some time because I wanted a hydration boost and I actually had a little reaction to it, so never again :)

I love this stuff! I have been searching all over for a good cleanser that is reasonably priced and easily available that won't suck the life out of what is left of my dry sensitive skin. This was the answer. Not only does it not dry out my face but my face cleared up after a week of using it. I saw noticeable results right away. I will definitely continue using this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin loves this cleanser very much. At first I didn't know what to think because the texture is different than most common cleansers. It doesn't lather, and it does sort of feel like I'm washing my face with lotion. But I've been using this for about 5 months and slowly over time I realized how great this really is.

I have never been loyal to a particular cleanser, I pretty much changed what I used every time I ran out. I honestly didn't think cleansers were that important. I used them as my makeup remover and figured since it was being washed away I didn't need to pay much attention. One day I was reading a blog called Skin and Tonics and she had a post that went into the details of why a cleanser with the proper PH is so important. A proper cleanser balances the PH on our skin, setting up the skin to receive the products following the cleanser and creating a healthy moisture barrier. A lightbulb went off in me and I started to put the pieces together as to why my skin struggled for so long.

This cleanser has the proper PH. It doesn't remove makeup, so I use an oil cleanser to remove my face makeup. But I really really like this cleanser along with my Cerave Moisture Lotion. I recommend this to anyone that asks!

on 4/15/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this cleanser for 4 years as it was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I have extremely dry and sensitive skin, and this cleanser never left my skin burning, broken out, or dry. In fact, this cleanser really does hydrate the skin, leaving it supple and plump without a greasy residue. I have tried to remove makeup with this cleanser, and it isn't the greatest. Therefore, I will always remove my makeup first with my HG, Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foam Cleanser (I have a review here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=118247/Makeup-Dissolving-Foaming-Cleanser/Clean-&-Clear/Cleansers
I then follow up with the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser on my Clarsonic Mia 2. The consistency of this cleanser is like a lotion, it is relatively scentless, and it does not lather. I personally find the pump packaging to be super easy to use, and the pump screws off to ensure you can get every last bit of product when it's almost out. I personally love this cleanser because it leaves my skin clean, soft, hydrated, and without irritation. Will continue to purchase because it lasts forever and it works!