August 27, 2014 | 1614 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by skyeisnotfalling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

At first I thought it was like a small godsend... But later on it became just okay. The gel formula was pretty good, what with the gel soaking into your skin. The scent was quite flat though. It removed some makeup, but I would have to go over my face with a cotton pad and makeup remover afterwards. I would buy this again because it's pretty quick and easy for everyday use! But generally, Body Shop isn't my favourite brand~

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lynBee

I have combination and slightly sensitive skin.
Trying to find a skin regime that suits me, and still looking!
It does tingle after you use it, I personally liked the sensation and it smells so fresh. It gives a good clean and leaves skin feeling fresh. It's not for me though as I found this wash very drying, even when using the moisturiser afterward. Plus it done nothing for the pimples on my chin. Just to note, I Only used it for a week as I don't like to continue use of any product if I don't feel it benefits my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

I still blame myself because I didn't write this sooner. I have combination skin in summer, normal in winter. This work amazing, remove all the make up, leave you a fresh skin, cooling face??? And the smell is not so strong. After all, with the price, i think this is a great deal. btw, I used it with Clinique toner for combination/oily, OMG, great combo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by pinkebonette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never used a "cleansing lotion" before, and I really like this one. It leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh, soft, and moisturized. In the winter my combination-oily skin usually feels super dry after I cleanse, so I was impressed with this product. It also smells really good! Lastly, I haven't broken out once since I started using it--not even the smallest zit--which is pretty much a miracle...

The only reason why I will not be repurchasing is because it has parabens, and I'd rather not have them in my products. Sorry, Body Shop.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Klovi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this when this was on sale few days ago ($5), since i was out of cleanser so i thought i'd give it a try.
My previous cleanser was from the etude house (korea brands) ac clinic facial wash, i loved it but it was pricey, i moved on to foaming facial wash by tbs tea tree line but it was too drying on my face didn't feel so nice.
First time i try this out i smell familiar scent, turns out this product smells like a body lotion i've used to use when i was little. I love it tbh, bring back memories ;)
The texture is runny so if you open the tap the product will be oozing out amd just like the facial cleanser from tbs tea tree one's, this one doesn't bubbles at all. I always being so paranoid about a cleanser that doesn't bubbles, always think i don't put enough product so i always use more of the product than usual. Totally waste, you only need a tad bit of product though.
I have oily acne-prone skin, my skin is not sensitive. I think this product really control my oil, i always feel squicky clean after using it really fresh :D it doesn't really dry my skin and my skin feels so soft. I always get oily right after 1-2 hours after washing my face but with this i get oily after like 4 hours or so. Doesn't cause me to break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by tinarae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try this product because I have pretty oily skin, in the winter I have more combination skin but generally oily. The first time I used this I got this terrible rash on my face and it really felt like it was burning my skin off! I do have sensitive skin as well so that could be why...anyways could be great if you dont have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

I love this product. I go through face washes like crazy, I have used so many in my quest for 'perfect skin' - Garnier, L'oreal, Origins, Biore, Clinique even Clearasil (stay well away) but have settled on this one :]

I have combo/sensitive skin and find this works really well to balance things. It smells fresh and oceanny and lathers really well (although you need to squeeze quite a bit out to get a good lather). It feels pleasant on your face and doesn't leave any residue after you've washed it off.

I don't really know why I like this face wash so much because other than the scent/fresh feeling, it's not really anything special but it has not given me any irritation on my skin which is rare. I think sometimes if you use a face wash that's too strong/stripping it just creates more problems. This one strikes a nice balance between being gentle and effective enough. Definitely will repurchase :] also I think they have some other products in the line such as toner and mud masks so I may check those out too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by karen360

I really like this cleanser. It's gentle enough, but does a pretty good job removing all my make up. Smells nice. I've used this cleanser religiously for 2 years and I really like it. I recommend stocking up when the Body Shop has the huge crazy seasonal sales.

EDIT: So apparently... after some research on the internet, it has a bucket load of chemicals in it including all sorts of parabens that are apparently really bad. So i'm changing it from a rating of 5 to a 3..

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do not like this product. It smells funny and it burnedddd my skin upon usage. It made my skin worse and I think for the price charged, there are many more better facial cleansers out there.

I found myself breaking out and not effective :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by mavendark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used a couple of these already and I found that it is one of the only scrubs that really exfoliates my skin. I've tried the Green Tea cleanser from Body shop and it didn't have enough beads compared to this one so I do prefer this one more.After using it, I feel that it leaves me very clean and it does do a really good job of scrubbing off dead skin, leaving my skin really soft. It does have a little bit of a drying effect, but since my skin is very oily, it's not too big of a deal. I also use it after I shower at night, so I put on Cetaphil or other deep moisturizing lotions on after to make sure that my skin doesn't get too dried out by this.I think in general, this product does a good job of clearing my acne and scrubbing away the dead skin, something that is really necessary for my oily acne prone skin. This, in conjunction with my acne medicine works wonders. However, the only thing I do not like is that there is paraben in this product.