December 19, 2014 | 1600 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear 100% Mineral Facebrightener

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first bought this in Translucent 6 months ago to brighten up my face. I found the color too light and I would put tons and tons on and you couldnt even tell. I use PF's pressed powder as a setting powder so I wasn't looking to use this as a setting powder. I ended up throwing it away because I had no use for it.

Later, I got Translucent Light and I use it as a bronzer (except during the summer- with my tan it doesnt show up) I like PF mineral makeup because I know it won't break me out. When I use this as a bronzer during the fall/winter/spring it does give me a subtle glow. Good for days when I do not feel like putting on blush. I would repurchase but its going to take me forever to use it up. And the packaging is very bulky but I do not touch up during the day so it is not an issue

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Nikki312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is still sold at Ulta.
I picked up two of these. They work so great to really brighten my face and blurr out blemishes and redness. It also kind of controls oil and sets liquid make up well. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ChandraBaker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would buy this again. I grabbed it in the CVS 75% off section for 3 bucks so its discontined. It work nice, I like it. Okay packaging. I don't have a mirror in my purse and this works well. You have to use a lot to make it work though. I go over and over and over my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Light and Medium. Light matched good with the mix of colors, but boy it was soooo shimmery, made my face look greasy. The medium was too brown made me look shimmery and muddy. Returned both.

I have to admit i did fall for the type of powder this was, it reminded me of laura geller or guerlain multi-demensional/multi-colored powders. I think the concept is good, because medium skintones are not strickly one shade, I know for sure I'm NW35 very yellow on my forehead, cheeks, and chin, and I'm a different shade with very sallow undereyes, darker discoloration around my nose and jawline. I guess I will stick with PF Powder Palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by lavendargirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a powder person, but I love this stuff. It's the perfect finish & keeps my face looking fresh all day. I haven't tried wearing it alone yet, just over foundation. I'm very very fair & Fair Glow is a really good match. Really nice coverage & just a hint of sparkle. No irritation or congestion problems at all. I actually like the packaging & the fan shaped brush that came with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Yellowcanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A little expensive for a drugstore product. But it's great! It has the slightest shimmer and it really "brightens" your face. I just don't understand why packaging from this line is so bulky. :/

One lippie off for that. They really shouldn't include the brushes since most people, like myself, would throw it out anyway. I wonder if the brushes are part of why they're so exensive? O.O

But yes I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by condiment

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've always wanted to try Physician's Formula makeup because it's just looks so gorgeous-looking. Well this week there was a 40% off sale at Zellers, and I bought this in Translucent Glow (so that I could use it year round). The verdict? I love this stuff. It takes my skin from either matte and blah or super greasy and oily to dewy, glowy, and ever so slightly shimmery. I also like the packaging - it's very sleek looking and comes with both a mirror and a brush. The brush is actually good, which is rare for the brushes that come with products. Of course I could get a better brush separately, but this does the trick quite well. A standard powder brush works too though. The price isn't great, but it's worth it. All in all, this makes me look refreshed and with the sort of glow you see on celebrities on the red carpet.

EDIT: I forgot to add that it provides ZERO coverage. It brightens your skin and makes it look less tired and sallow, but if you need coverage, use a foundation or something under it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lilsuelaine

I got this in a BOGO, and it is my first highlighter ever. I like it okay, but i think when i get it again, it will be in BOGO again, cause its not worth the 13 bucks in my opinion.

IMO, this product lightens up my under eyecircles and illuminates the tops of my cheek bones. And i really like that.

The things that take off the lippies are the packaging, which sucks! the pan is like falling out of the compact, i'm gonna ply it out and then glue it back in. Also, it takes a lot of product to make a difference. i apply and apply and apply.

Also, when i use it over my cream bronzer the bronzer starts to look really blotchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by bwola002

I saw this product on closeout sale for 8 bucks. i use a lot of physicans formula bronzers so i was curious about this one. this is not a bronzer but rather a subtle bronzer/brightener. it is a gorgeous for highlighting cheek bones! i use it over my blush and bronzer and it brightens my face rather than making it look shiny or oily! love it!
Update: took a lippie off. i thought this was brightening up my face but after using it a few times i realized i couldnt really see a difference. after dusting some on my arm to see if it really "brightens" i saw nothing. not quite enough shimmer which is disappointing because i thought i found the perfect highlighter that didnt make me look oily and gross.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Update: Still loving this and I de-potted it....it was very easy to pry out of that horrible package with a paring knife. I stuck it into an empty Clinique Almost Powder MU compact with double sided foam tape, added a sponge and I'm happy. The product actually looks really nice in the green and white compact. Just FYI if you hate the package as much as I do but love the product.

It's just a given that PF never gets the packaging of their products right. That being said this product in "Fair Glow" is HG for me. I chose this colour because it has some green parts in it which I thought would cut some of the red in my skin. I actually had this sitting around for two weeks because I was going to exchange it for Translucent but then I caved and cracked the packaging open and I'm sooooo glad I did. I have mature skin with minimal wrinkles but some powders including high end, just make me look dead. I go through the trouble of using semi dewy foundation like Guerlain Parure Extreme so then I don't want to kill the effect with a nasty powder. This works fabulously for setting my foundation and keeping the slight oilies on my nose and chin under control. Best of all, it just has a subtle glow without buildup.....it's just amazing.....and it doesn't cost $65.00! If this were in a slimmer compact with a sponge it would be perfect for carrying in my purse. I love using it in the morning with a super soft brush like the Lancome one for their mineral makeup or the Eco Tools one....the finish is so light and perfect. The perfect glow for me (light medium with cool undertones).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No