Philosophy unconditional love

3.8

sd alcohol 40b (alcohol denat.), fragrance/parfum, water/aqua/eau, benzophenone-3, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, ethylhexyl salicylate, benzyl salicylate, citral, geraniol, hydroxycitronellol, limonene, blue 1 (ci 42090), red 33 (ci 17200).

on 7/18/2012 8:27:00 PM

(this is for the fragrance not the body lotion). I think the scent itself is very lovely and appropriate for summer. it's difficult for me to find a nice perfume because i really don't like those really strong, offensive, musky scents. this one is perfect, light, summery, warm--a scent that i can't see anyone saying they dislike.
however, it's not very strong at all. maybe i just can't smell it on myself, but the only time I can smell it is if I put my face to it. I've used, like, almost half a bottle in a week. too bad, because I loved the scent and spent a good amount of money on it. I think the body lotion is much stronger as I tried it out at sephora, so maybe I'll buy that eventually, but it would be silly if i allowed myself to repurchase this fragrance ever again.

on 3/30/2012 11:19:00 PM

Wear this if you want to get noticed. I get SO MANY compliments when I even just put some on my hands, that alone makes it worth its price tag. Leaves my freshly shaved limbs soo soft, too.

on 1/24/2012 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this just okay - I purchased a very small bottle. I only wear it occasionally. It reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on - my husband says I smell like cotton candy when I wear it. It is super sweet, which usually isn't my thing. But I think I only paid about $10 for it.

on 11/17/2011 2:03:00 PM

I loved this fragrance so much that I would up purchasing it in the HUGE 32oz 3-in-1, the HUGE 32oz body emulsion, the 8oz spritz and a super-size 4oz fragrance. Regardless of the fact that I layer every single one of these products together (all four!), the fragrance just will. not. last. I think it's ridiculous to have to jump through hoops in order for a fragrance linger for more than an hour, so I will not be repurchasing any of these items. I truly believe this fragrance should be made with the intent of longevity. It doesn't have to be 'in your face' to be long-wearing - Philosophy can still retain their desire for subtlety. But there's a huge difference between subtle and fleeting; a fragrance doesn't have to shout - it can speak. Unconditional Love, however, does neither. It is but a whisper.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am tad bit biased toward this fragrance. My mom got it for me last Christmas and I quickly ran out. It's a very feminine, sweet smell. Like I have mentioned in my other fragrance reviews, I think most women love the fragrances that bring back good memories for them. This is one of those for me.

on 5/29/2011 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is such a favorite of mine. I wore this all summer last year with S&G body butter and people would always complement my perfume. It's pretty cheap (the tiny bottle is $15!) and travel friendly. I will purchase again!

on 3/23/2011 4:09:00 AM

too cloyingly sweet. smells very similar to falling in love. normally I love fruity scents but this doesn't smell fruity, it smells like candy. as I mentioned with FIL, this would be a good scent for a younger girl or tween but not a grown woman.

on 2/18/2011 12:43:00 PM

When I wear this I get no blackberry nor sweetness. I only get citrus, in fact it reminds me of Gap So Pink. I already own that so I really don't need this. This will go back to store. I will continue to wear Falling in Love which I really like.

on 11/25/2010 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I don't normally review fragrances because I feel it's too subjective a topic but why not start. I sampled this scent at the Philosophy counter in Macy's one day & after a few hours, I was in a "must have" state because it smelled that good! I go back a few days later to buy what I thought was a rollerball, only to find out, 1) it's a spray bottle & 2) the yummy scent changed & didn't last as long as the sample. Oddly, now that I think about it, I may have sampled the lotion instead. Oh well, either way, it's a no for me. Smells too much like candy & didn't last long. Good thing it was only $21 at Sephora.

on 10/30/2010 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

To me this is a dead ringer for Trish McEvoy Blackberry and Vanilla Musk but has no lasting power. Maybe layering is the best way to get it to stay which is why they make body wash, lotion, etc. Slightly sweet and slightly floral which is nice but just doesn't last.

Popular Fragrances