November 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Lipstick - BeneFit Cosmetics - Silky Finish Lipstick - Skinny Dip

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by duchamp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is gorgeous. The perfect nude but has enough pigment you don't feel washed out at all with it on. Feminine and subtle. Extremely smooth to apply and has shine but NOT too much shine so you feel like you're sticky or wearing a gloss. My new HG daily l/s!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by xoshangrilaox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is like MAC's slimshine in Bare's older darker sister. Bare is pinky rose while Skinny Dip is a more deeper rose (against my NC 30 skintone). I like Skinny Dip more than Bare. It goes on more opaque(less product to use) and it is more moisturizing (like BUTTER). The thing I did not like about Bare was that it accentuated any dryness I had on my lips (which is not very much, but there is some) and it was not very moisturizing (it eventually drys a little, leaving my lips with a tacky feel). Skinny Dip did not give me any dryness or that sticky feeling. Not long lasting (had to reapply after lunch, which is typical for any lipstick with me), but neither is Bare. It is more expensive BUT, slimshines are discontinued/HTF, there's a ton more product in Skinny Dip than Bare, and because of the opaqueness and high pigmentation, I do use less product. So, it works out better to go with Skinny Dip. I will repurchase this, or swap my Bare for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by mamamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like the finish of these. There is a good amount of shine but not an obvious amount. Another positive is that is adds moisture. In comparison to my mac slimshine, this lipstick does not grab on the dry skin and bring it out and sink in the lines. It glides over and feels smooth. You get a good amount of product and mine has lasted me quite a long time and has yet to go off and hasnt got that crayon terrible smell. I really like this color, its a subtle pink nude shade but definately closer to a coral pink than a nude. I am grateful that is has no shimmer/glitter and i feel that its the perfect natural color mositurized lip.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by oshinsr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tastes very bad - Terrible! Colour is beautiful. It's my to-go lipstick that I always keep in my purse. Creamy. Does not last long, but it is somewhat moisturizing. Smooth application. Good coverage. I may purchase another colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by j3nnyisfunky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I only bought this product because I had a gift card to Macy's and I've wanted to try out BeneFit's products for a while now. 18 bucks for a lipstick is pretty expensive, and it's not even that great of a lipstick either. It's silky, but TOO silky. The color does not stay on at all. I bought mine in Skinny Dip, which apparently is their top selling color, but since I have dark lips, this color just fades away. It looks like I have gloss on and no lipstick. If you hate to reapply lipstick, then don't get this product because it doesn't stay on for a long time at all. I am quite disappointed :(

The packaging is cute tho, but overall, I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the way this looks on, but worn alone it really has no staying power. However, worn over lipliner, it actually stays put pretty well.
As for the color payoff, it's quite sheer and nude, but the level of glossiness is perfect. I like to wear this when my eye makeup is very dramatic and I'm all dressed up.
It's really pretty, but if I'm being honest I doubt I'll buy it again. I have other nude lipsticks that I like better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by beatlesgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

If I could, I would give this lipstick a 3.5. On my skintone (NW15), this is a great MLBB or slightly darker/pinker shade. It's a nice pink-y nude that would go well with dramatic eyes or if you just want your overall makeup look to be very fresh and natural. It glides right on and is super creamy and glossy. The major problem with it, and the reason I wouldn't buy it again, is that it has TERRIBLE staying power. I suppose that's because it's so glossy and has so much slip to it, but I've worn actual glosses that wear longer than this. I bet if you wore a lipliner under this it would prolong its wear, but I like to keep my makeup as quick and hassle-free as possible and so I don't really want to bother with lipliner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This wasn't a nude on me. It turned out quite bright, more of a medium coralish pink. Wasn't what I was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

From what I remember, I didn't like this lipstick because it didn't stay on. I found that I had to keep reapplying. I am always drinking water so I found it came off quite quickly and it is totally gone if I have a meal.

On the upside, it is a lovely colour that goes on coral. It looks youthful and it very flattering so any skin colour. I often team this up with Coralista.

I don't find the lipstick very moisturising but it certainly isn't drying. It is creamy and quite sheer. I like my lip colours to have more oomph but bare in mind this is a natural/nude lip colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by baileybabe7486

This is really nice. The silky finish lipsticks are some of my favorites. They're moisturizing and creamy with a nice, semi gloss finish. On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being incredibly sheer and 10 being completely opaque, these are about a 7. Nice full coverage, with a hint of sheerness that keeps them from looking cakey or tacky. They are buildable too.

Colorwise, this is definitely a pink. It also has some nude to it, and just a touch of mauve. Very, very pretty.