October 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Huile Douceur Remove All Deep Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by kbarrow71

Love this product!! It makes my skin soft and removes mascara clean. No need for eye makeup remover. Apply to dry skin and it feels like oil, rinse with water with no oily feel!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I love this product. I was previously using Take The Day Off by Clinique but it started feeling too thick. I also found that it was not emulsifying and was leaving behind too much of a residue. So, I figured this was already an oil and therefore one stage ahead of TTDO, which definitely saves time (and water) when removing my makeup at night. It spreads nice and evenly, removes everything - and I do a full face of makeup including longwearing foundation+powder.

I have used other homemade oil cleansers such as olive oil, and a sunflower + castor oil blend as part of an OCM method, and I find that this is far superior. This is definitely thinner, spreads better and actually dissolves makeup, whereas I found the other oils just kinda softened the makeup a bit and allows you to move it around on your face rather than actually melting it. Also, those were a pain to wash off your face, whereas this rinses clean.

The key to using this and other oil makeup removers is to use enough. If you aren't using enough then there isnt enough to dissolve all your makeup and it ends up feeling thick. If it feels thick and like it isnt dissolving/washing off, try using more. Also, be sure to follow with a cleanser, as this is a makeup remover not a face wash.

The price is high but I do believe I need this. I had it since December, it's now July and I'm 1/4 finished. Just buy it when they have a gift with purchase. Also, if you're debating between this and the Creme Douceur, don't bother with that one - it doesn't remove eye makeup well and it burns eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Laski

This cleansing oil is gentle and removes makeup - but I have one problem with it: it doesnīt really get rid of my mascara. I use Clinique High Impact Mascara, not only because it makes my lashes look perfectly nice, but also because even though it lasts all day without flaking or smudging, I never had problems removing it. But now, with this cleansing oil Iīm left with black rings under my eyes. If I use a cleansing oil, I absolutely expect that it is able to remove even stubborn mascara - otherwise I could just use a simple cleansing milk. What I like a lot is the packaging -sturdy and clean and with a nice pump. But still, wonīt buy again, I prefer MACīs Cleansing Oil because it just cleanses better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is on the better side of average and the smell is divine, the best cleansing oil I have sniffed in my 20-kinds-of-cleansing-oil history. This is very thick and as a result you need to use more for it to spread across your face. There is a residue left so proper cleansing is necessary after this. The cleansing action is moderate and the pump is fantastic. I still rate Dermalogica, Boscia and Laura Mercier to be above this, since you need to use less and they just clean better. This is better than Nars, Bobbi Brown, Shu Uemura, MAC and I recommend this if you are a newish user. You will love the smell. I don't like the fact that its so thick, its the same consistency as olive oil.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been wanting to try the Shu Umera cleansing oil, but I keep passing the chance because of the price. Then, I discovered this less expensive alternative by Lancome. I just love it! It does a superb job at removing my makeup. I normally use a BB cream or Revlon's Colorstay foundation. Both are impossible to remove with regular foaming face washes. I also wear waterproof mascara. 2 squirts of the cleansing oil and a minute or 2 of gently massaging all over does the trick. You need to add a very small amount of water to emulsify the oil (makes it all milky) before rinsing off. There is absolutely no oily residue left behind. I don't even need to use an eye makeup remover anymore. It smells great as well. I will never go back to cleansing foams, creams, gels or wipes. This is the HG cleanser for me for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Let me open by saying I am an oil (and balm) cleansing devotee. I LOVE oil cleansers. To be more specific, I love oil-based balms, oils, and cleansing creams -- in that order. My all-time favorite cleanser is Eve Lom, which is a cleansing balm. I adore everything about it BUT the price, which is oppressive and obsene. So I've been on a quest to find cleansers that can substitute (but never replace) it. What i love about Eve Lom is about how clean it rinses. It removes everything and even your wash cloth rinses completely clean. It takes off sunscreen (which I wear daily) and makeup perfectly. But this is not an Eve Lom review. That just gives you an idea of what I am looking for in a cleanser. Something that removes my sunscreen and full face of makeup while rinsing clean and not drying out my sensitive, dry skin. My favorite oil cleanser has been Babor's Hy-ol with the Sensitive Phytoactive. It rinses well and is a wonderful product. The only down side is using the two bottles. Plus, I like to mix up my cleansers from time to time -- always on the quest for the holy grail and I think it's fun that way. Plus I think my skin likes it when I alternate cleansers over time and don't use the same one for many months at a time. So I decided to try Lancome's oil cleanser during the Sephora FF sale. And I have to say I am very impressed with it. It is an excellent cleanser. I love the texture, how well it removes EVERYTHING. How it doesn't dry my skin. The packaging is great, too. It's pump is superior to other pumps. But what I loves the most is how it works. It is amazing stuff. For oil cleansers, I have used Shiseido's, Shu's (various ones from Shu), DHC's, Lumene's, MAC's, Bobbi Brown's, Lumene's and Babor's, and Lancome and Babor are by far my favorites. My least favorite is MAC's. I have not tried Origin's oil cleanser, so I do want to try it as well. But this Lancome gets 5 lipsticks. I'm already getting a backup. And it will remain a regular in my cleansing arsenal. My love of this product is causing me to want to check out and/or revisit other Lancome skin products. Lancome's Bi-facil, along with TheBalm Balm's Away, are my two favorite eye makeup removers. Lancome makes some really solid products, so I'm going to give their other skincare a closer look. But if you like oil cleansers, I cannot recommend this product enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGlam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I used to use Shu Uemura cleansing oil but since they discontinued that product in the US, I've been looking for an alternative. This product works just as well, as a nice smell (although it could be strong for some) and takes off waterproof mascara, which is FANTASTIC!!! For those who are breaking out, you may not be using it right. You can't just rub it on your face and then wash it off. You have to rub it on your face and then mix in some water with it and rub some more. It then foams up like a regular face wash. The price is alot better then Shu Uemura and works just as well so I'm sticking to this one for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by red_smarties

Does a great job at removing foundation and eye makeup. I've also used the Mac Cleansing Oil prior to trying this and have to say that I prefer the Lancome one! Great product for deep cleansing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in order to get a gift set for my mother. The smell can be a bit cloying but I have gotten used to it. It does help loosen the heavy duty makeup but I still follow up with another cleanser because I have acne-prone skin *shrugs*. I doubt I would repurchase this again because I am making the full switch to mineral makeup and that stuff doesn't require heavy duty cleansing step. Plus I am planning to use this one I purchased up or swap it if I noticed that my skin starts turning on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been reading many reviews on cleansing oils here on P'ville but didn't trust Shiseido or MAC for their skincare, as I have no past experience with this type of product or the skincare from those brands. When I read the reviews here about this cleansing oil and how it is very good for those of us with dry skin and I have used Lancome skincare in the past and do trust them, I thought I would give it a try. Since I am acne-prone, I would emulsify the oil with water as the directions state and then add Purity as the final step to ensure all the oils are removed from my skin. I purchased this from Nordies, ensuring that if I didn't like it, I could return it with no questions asked.

*Note about the packaging/dispenser: The oil does not "shoot" out of the pump if you are holding the container upright - you have to tip the container to the side and then pump the oil into your hand in order to ensure you don't waste any product.*

Now for the happiness! I LOVE this oil - I only need 2 pumps for my entire face and eyes, it smells wonderful, cleanses completely, removing every trace of makeup, including eye makeup, mascara lip color and eyeliner. All of this without stripping my sensitive skin or causing breakouts! I use this at night to remove my makeup, applying 2 pumps to my entire face and eyes and under my jawline, where I tend to get blackheads. I massage for maybe 2-3 minutes, mix in a little warm water to emulsify the oil into a milky cleanser, massage in and add 1 pump of Purity to make sure all the oil is removed, then I either use my Clarisonic Mia and rinse or just rinse well with warm water and that's it! The bottle is quite large and since so little is needed, it lasts me quite awhile. I am so happy I tried this product - I have already repurchased and will buy it again and again - hopefully Lancome will not discontinue it.