July 28, 2014 | 2026 users online

Pressed Powders - Lancome - Matte Finish Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 11:53:00 PM More reviews by chi77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My friend in Canada sent me this compact which she's used but found it wasn't suitable for her. There was still a full box, almost new when I got it. I've been using it for about a month. I liked it so much that I managed to get them from my favorite online store and stock up cause Lancome Malaysia doesn't stock this anymore. Pressed and loose powder can be kept for about 5 years or more if they don't change color or smell weird. I like this powder a lot cause it keeps my oilies away. It's oil-free and doesn't clog my pores like other pressed powders I've used. It's really sheer and matte. But it doesn't look all powdered and dry like Clinique, MAC or Maybelline which I've incidentally sampled and used in the last 5 years. I'm quite disappointed that Lancome has now replaced this with a new pressed powder that's twice the price in my country and has mineral oil that gives it a smoother texture. Smoother but not oil-free. I can get the same quality with mineral oil in my drugstore for a tenth of the price. I think Lancome really need to assess their makeup range cause they've discontinued Teint Idole (my favorite foundation) and now Maquifinish. Lancome marketing had better think twice next time they want to revamp their makeup collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

Well, like everything else this year this is being d/c'd too...so if you want to make the attempt to hold on to it you need to stock up and/or call 800Lancome and tell them that you do NOT want this taken away and they will forward your message to product relations...so they say. They do not have anything similar comming out to their knowledge either...what is WRONG with MU companies in '06? They are taking everything away from the oily skinned ladies in just about ALL lines! Get a clue MU companies!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2006 7:47:00 AM More reviews by aysegulg

It was matte but the colour was wrong for me. Besides, there was nothing special, except for the high price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by alittlecloser

This product was great- the colour matched my skin perfectly, it was not chalky at all, but that's because I apply it with a powder brush instead of the applicator that comes in the case. I definitely recommend this application to everyone! Anyways, it gives a nice finish to my face- it takes care of any redness that may be left after foundation/concealer. The big problem is that it didn't take care of the oil in my t-zone for very long at all... so at the end of the day, I don't think I'd repurchase this again, simply because of the fact that, for the price of a Lancome product, the outcome should have been a little better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Greenidlady1

Very good matte coverage. I love this product and how it finishes my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2005 1:44:00 PM More reviews by daveandnic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Light Buff. Great Powder and pretty compact as well. I'm not super oily so this powder works very well for me. I use a big brush and lightly dust it over my liquid foundation. Looks great and not cakey at all. Will re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 1:12:00 AM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a 'maybe' selection when this asks you would you buy the product again,because I'm not too sure on this stuff.I bought it in the lightest shade,Translucent,after fair warning from the woman at the counter that it might be a tad bit too light on me.It wasn't,in fact,the color matched my skin beautifully!This powder has a very unique smell to it (a slight cinnaminy smell?)that I really like!It went on a bit too chalky for my liking,but after about 10 minutes all looked well.About 45 minutes later my t-zone started to look like an oil slick again!

Granted,I know there's no powder out there that's gonna take care of my oilies all night long,but come on,you'd think even for a more expensive product like Lancome,I can do better than 45 minutes!

PROS:
~exact color match for my ghost white skin,which is hard to find nowdays!

~after the oilies come back the powder doesn't darken,turn orange and make you look like a freak (like alot of pressed powders).So that's good.

~the powder smells amazing!

CONS:
~does NOT control your oil!AT ALL!I think it made my skin more oily...you can get better oil control powders at Walgreens for $4.

~goes on kind of chalky.

~WAY too expensive.end of story.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by krnsushi

I got this powder because I saw this before I realized that Shiseido Pureness Mattifying pressed powder existed. The coverage was medium but did nothing to help my oilies. and it feels chaulky when i put it on. definetly not worth the price i paid for this! i chucked it in the trash after i found my powder at shiseido.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2005 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ohsosweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*This product looked dry & cakey, yet didn't control my oil! It made my skin look greasy & broke me out horribly. I like the smell, though...like baby powder. Came in a sleek, beautiful package, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2005 12:19:00 AM More reviews by izzyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Silky feel, provides full coverage, and easy to use. Really like this one!