October 24, 2014 | 1076 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Target Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by cuchillo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had heard some comments and reviews about how good this was and decided to give it a try. It's around 4.50 so pretty much dirt cheap. it's biphasic like the neutrogena and the much more expensive Lancome Bifacil, you have to shake it to get the two phases emulsified and then apply with a cotton pad.
for me this worked much better than the neutrogena, it removed my mascara in 2 swipes (maybelline full n soft waterproof) and it didn't sting my eyes like the neutrogena does. of course nothing beats bifacil, but i think this one is much closer to being as good as that one, than many other biphasic removers out there. also it didn't leave as much oiliness on my skin after removing my makeup (but i wash my face afterwards so no biggie).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by zeradia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was surprized at all the bad reviews but this is the first makeup remover (non-pad FYI Almay Pads are horrible) I do agree with the slightly blurry vision thing if it gets in your eyes. I never really thought much about it before I read that, I just figured that was a given with all removers. I tried olive oil and that gave me super blurry vision and kinda felt weird. I have learned to use a Q-tip instead of the cotton squares and I can control things better. I don't use the hold to saturate and wipe method with the square because that leaves an oily mess even though this is oil free hmm....? Just use one Q-tip and get the stuff on there, flip it over and wipe it off. It leaves an oil-free oil on me (LOL) but I guess I figured its moisturizing hopefully? Maybe next time I will get a different one and maybe I don't know any better, but this works and it's cheap so I'll finish it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

My bottle says it's a knock-off of Neutrogena's remover but I think this lacks in strength. It doesn't remove waterproof mascara very well. I find myself using more of this and going back over the lashes more than with the Neutrogena brand. On the plus side the bottle is bigger and a little cheaper than Neutrogena so if it works for you that's good. It's not working very well for me. I threw almost half a bottle away. There are better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by cristinalicia

The wrong bottle is up for the picture. But Target's version of Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover is awesome! I love it!! It's really gentle and all the eye make-up comes off. I don't understand why the negative reviews :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For reference, my bottle says it's comparable to the Neutrogena oil-free eye make-up remover. Anyway, I don't understand all the negative reviews! It's not nearly as greasy as some of the other removers I have tried, and it seriously only takes one side of a cotton pad to get all the make up off. Just make sure you shake the bottle before you use it! After that I usually take a damp washcloth and go over my eyes, and the blurriness seems to subside after that. Leaves eyes without any left-over make up, like the hard to remove liner and mascara. And at less than $5 a bottle...definitely a good buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by VivaLaEleanor

This seems really greasy to me! It's okay for removing eye makeup but JESUS, it makes my vision blurry . I can't understand why this got so many good reviews, or why It's called "oil free".

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lesha

I bought this because they were sold out of the L'oreal and I dont like it. Its so hard to remove my eyeliner and mascara with this stuff. I end up using it before and after I wash my face (2 - 3 cotton balls). I also find that it stings and I dont even have sensitive skin around my eyes. Wont be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by rinstarangel

This review is for the blue bottle that compares to L'Oreal. I use this every day to remove my eye makeup. It can leave a slight film, but since this is my first step in my face washing, it doesn't really matter. It's not the BEST at removing all traces of waterproof eye makeup, but I can't stand the oily ones, so this works for now. Already have my backup!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by RotaryGirl

Mine is the blue bottle that says to compare to L'Oreal and is oil-free. And I love it. I use it on the Pamper's wipes (questions? read my review) for a little extra muscle removing mascara and eyeliner/shadow applied with sealer/primer, and it works quickly and easily. It stings slightly if it gets in my eyes but I learned to rinse before I open them again and I'm fine. There IS a light film left that feels oily, despite the oil-free label, but it's okay since I'm going to moisturize next anyway, and it lessens the amount of tugging over all -a MAJOR plus at my age. I used Bi-facil for years but prefer this now. I'm giving it a 5 since it does everything I wanted it to do when I purchased it, and with no irritation to my skin or my wallet.

EDIT: I didn't notice at first, but the smell of this is starting to bother me. I won't buy more when I've used it up. Took a lippy off for that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because I wanted to save a couple bucks and it was on sale. Stupid move on my part - this stuff sucks. I have to really work to get my eye makeup off and rub and rub and rub and then rub some more! Will NEVER purchase again.