September 23, 2014 | 1955 users online

Powder - Lancome - Ageless Minerale Skin-Transforming Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 21 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not pleased at all with the result after using this foundation on my oily, acne prone skin. I like to use lighter foundations because I battle with cystic acne and I don't need any breakouts. It did nothing to cover up my hyperpigmentation and it literally melted off my face after two hours! And I used a primer underneath! I paid too much for this foundation for that result so I was really disappointed. It has a beautiful texture but I wouldn't recommend it for anybody with blemishes and oily skin. Sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

I've been using this for about 6 months now, through the Winter months in Toronto (=cold and dry), and through the Summer months (=sweaty, humid).

Keep in mind that this is a powder foundation, but it offers great coverage, makes my skin look powdery smooth, great finish, and spf 21!

PROS:
    - It doesn't seem like much in the container but it has lasted me quite some time, and I still have a lot left
    - Powder is super fine, so it seems to "stick" to my skin well, without blotches or cakey look
    - On me, the colour matched quite well, so it looks very natural
    - Buildable - I personally put a thin brushing of poweder, otherwise I look overdone
    - Did I mention it has spf? Not a bad idea to bring out a small container to reapply your spf

CONS:
    - A little goes a long way, or you'll look like you're overdone! -> I've actually used less foundation to compensate. Sometimes, I even forgo the foundation during the days, and use just a big of foundation in the evenings
    - It's never happened to me, but the beauty advisor at the counter told me to be careful that in the case I "oil" up, the mineral powder darkens, giving you an orange tint

Overall, I highly recommend this powder foundation, as I would just cut out the foundation itself and just use this powder. I've been shopping for a good BB cream, but I think I won't need that, either. I've tried bare minerals, and the colours are too dark. Lancome has a wider palette of colours.

Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by jpie0510

I think I'm in love with this thing! This foundation has been milled to a fine fine powder and provides exceptional coverage that lasts all day while still feeling light. (That previous line totally almost makes me sound like a sales ad, but it's soo true!)

I first picked up this powder over 3 months ago on vacation when I was running low on my old foundation. I was flip flopping between the Laura Mercier powder foundation and trying new things. The LM was almost but not quite perfect. None of the new things I tried ever worked out that well on my combination/acne prone medium toned skin that had it's share of acne scars. However, I desperately needed something while on vacay, but the outlet I happened to be at didn't have LM. It did have a Company Cosmetics (Estee Lauder, Prescriptive, Origins, etc) and a Lancome store. Although usually a little more than the LM foundation, the outlet discount made it the same price.

I think what makes the difference is the density of the color. With one light swipe of the brush, I get enough coverage to lighten or hide most of my acne scars and imperfections without having to apply too much product. The color can be a little flat (but still much better than the chalky look of other mineral foundations), but easily remedied with a little bronzer highlights. Since I can apply so little for maximum coverage, it feels like I'm not wearing anything and my skin can breath. Other benefits of the color density are that it's quicker to apply (do not need to layer) and that I use less product. I bought this almost three months ago, use it almost daily, and still have close to half the container left.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I'm on the fence about this mineral powder. It is light in texture and feel but it saps all of the life from my skin or appears to. Also by the day's end my face looks a tad dirty where there is coverage and bare where the mineral foundation has worn off. Both of these problems never happen to me when I'm wearing Jane Iredale Amazing base.

For fellow NC 25s with warm undertones (I can wear neutrals too) I was fitted with natural beige 30 and this is a nice match.

I bought the kit which includes the bronzer, mineral powder and translucent setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by pauliewalnuts

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have some wrinkles, rosacea, clog prone, sensitive skin - and this foundation is the best I have ever used. It does not accent wrinkles, it soothes my sensitive skin,it does not cause breakouts or clog pores, it covers red, and it looks beuatiftully sheer while doing it.
    It is expensive but cheaper than buying new products looking for HG. I found it. The Lancome brush for application is the softest brush I have ever had - absolutely does not bother my sensitive skin and makes application look flawless.
    I have had to learn over and over that I cannot use liquid or cream foundation - glad I found this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by franca23

I have used this product for 2 weeks so far and do see a change in my skin. I have acne-prone skin and have to wear foundation to cover my acne scar even though I wish I didn't have to wear it. But this foundation is very light. Also, I have not gotten any big painful acne on my chin which I usually get almost everyday. This foundation has natural to mid-coverage. I highly recommend this product to those who suffer from acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by absolutelymaybe

Great blending, light reflecting.
    Covers acne marks but yet doesn't seem to hide skin. A fine, gentle powder that lasts, does not dry skin, is buildable, and ultra comfy to wear. Does not itch or clog pores!!
    I've been searching for a powder foundation since Prescriptives discontinued their line and I am absolutely ecstatic to FINALLY find one that hits all the high notes!!
    Worth a shot!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I myself do not use this, but my mom does. We spotted it at Nordstrom and I really wanted the super huge set with full sized products for only $57.50, so my mom went and got an associate to help her. The associate was fantastic and found my mom the best color for her (her foundation had been too light and pinky for her skin). This foundation looks so natural, I can see her skin now and it looks great. You actually don't need a setting powder with this either. Based on the great results my mom has gotten, this foundation will really change your makeup routine; just get a professional to match your tone!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by nicolejenn

This is the best cover up EVER!!!..i started using this about 2 weeks ago..and I swear it is helping my skin get better...I am superrrr acne prone and this does not break me out!! i love this and I will not be changing it!...its light enough to use if you just wanted some tint, yet it can be applied heavier in areas u need to be more concealed and it still blends very well!!..i no longer use concealer and i have a ton and i mean A TON of acne scars that are covered with this mineral powder..my skin looks radiant and this stays on all day as well!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! MY VERY FAVORITE PRODUCT EVER!!! A DEFINITE MUST HAVE!!!...I WILL NOT be changing to another cover up!..i just wish the packaging was better!!

P.S. I WORK AT THE ESTEE LAUDER COUNTER. AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ONE OF MY FRIENDS OVER AT LANCOME FOR SELLING THIS TO ME;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Mineral makeup has been the craze lately. I'm not a huge fan but I've tried a few. I like this one from Lancome. It blends nicely and gives a radiant finish! It looks awesome! Especially if you use it with their oh so soft Mineral Powder Brush. I like the coverage, it looks natural but skin looks better with it!