August 21, 2014 | 1193 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My search conitnues...
I thought this foundation looked great when I applied it, however a few hours later it oxidized to a dark orange. It also evaporated (?) from my nose -- it just disappeared. I tried two different shades, but I just couldn't get it to work.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I battle acne on my forehead way more than anywhere else, and when I saw this foundation I was pretty excited about its claims, so I decided to try it. This foundation feels really natural and gives a demi-matte finish on my skin, yet it covers all of my hyperpigmentation and acne flawlessly (I use a beautyblender to apply it). Also, I've been noticing that my acne and hyperpigmentation have reduced after this foundation, so I'm happy that this lives up to its claims ^^
This foundation also stays put all day when I set it with a translucent powder. The only thing that bothers me is that this product is pricier than any other foundation I've tried before.
I've been wanting to try Garnier's BB cream for Oily/Combination skin, so I don't think I'll be repurchasing this anytime soon. However, this is a great foundation for people battling acne :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Tenerifebeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently just re-discovered this product at the bottom of my dusty manky make up bag that is stored away with all my other forgotten about make up (all my best make up goes on my dressing table in full glory for everyone to see :D ) I remember buying this product for a friend’s wedding as I was a bridesmaid and wanted a good foundation. After going to a Clinique counter as I know they are good for the skin, the lady picked out shade ‘honey’ for me and off I went happy with my purchase, I wore it for my friends wedding and it came up beautifully in photo’s but then that was it, I think I must of forgotten about it. So anyway after coming across this item I started using it after I had run out of my usual foundation (Clinque almost make up powder) and I must say I absolutely love this product :) it covers nicely (I use a stippling brush for even coverage) I hardly have to put any on and the foundation is very natural looking (little is more though and I like to apply this lightly) I then apply a bit of NARS Orgasm after, and although I am 31 weeks pregnant so I may just have a lovely glow anyway… I personally feel this foundation combined with the blush makes me look truly glowing and goddess like :) (I will have to have this armed in my bag ready for labour when I am sure it wont look as nice :)) I find the coverage stays all day (if set with powder) and I have actually found over a good 2 months of using this product that my skin looks incredibly even (as I can have a bit of a patchy looking face sometimes).. I would truly recommend this foundation to anyone, and I am a foundation junkie who has been known to try out a lot of products from drugstore to high end. I generally always stay around the Clinique line :) Anyway you will be happy to know that this product has moved from my manky make up bag to my only foundation sitting on my dressing table in full glory :D xx

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by beccs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since i have very dry skin and psoriasis i thought this foundation would be perfect for me buts i was sadly disappointed. I tried it over several different primers including two of the Clinique superprimer range and i tried it under several powders, but it just wouldn't work. As soon as i would apply it using a beauty blender or a sigma brush it would cake and stick, and because my skin is so pale the lightest shade was so dark that all caking was instantly noticeable. I used it for about 6 weeks because i didn't want to give up on it, but i had to. After that time my skin didn't even feel nicer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Emwins

This makeup is amazing. I'm so bummed it doesn't come in any light shades because the formula is just perfect. I tried linen and alabaster. Linen was kind if yellow/ orangey and alabaster was just a hair too dark for me. I was forced to but another makeup that was twice the price and the finish is not as pretty as this clinique stuff. Maybe soon they'll have my shade again?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first put this foundation on, it's GORGEOUS. Beautiful satin finish and medium to full coverage. It's not heavy or cakey, and easy to apply. For reference, I wear B10 in Chanels VA and Classic Ivory in Covergirl's 3 in 1. In this foundation I wear the lightest shade, linen and it's a great match. The packaging is light and great for traveling because it's a plastic bottle with a pour spout. Why did I give it only 3 stars? It DOES NOT LAST. Throughout the day I get extremely oily with this and it just dissappears. Also, I find that the majority of the foundation is gone, but the rest just becomes patchy and hideous looking. It's such a let down, because it this foundation looked as good as it did when I first put it on, it would be a holy grail. I wouldn't reccommend this for oily skin or those of you who need a long wearing foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by HonoluluGal

I really love this foundation for days when I'm going for a more natural no-makeup look. You can use this for medium coverage, but it can be layered to get more full coverage. I have moderate melasma and use a full coverage concealer over those darker areas. I use a light layer of this foundation (over concealer), in the Porcelain Beige color. I use either a sponge applicator or my fingers and a buffing brush. What I love most about this foundation is that it makes my skin appear natural and not heavy or caked with makeup, which is important to me, since I go rather heavy handed with my concealer. The price is also great compared to other high end brands. My only complaint with this foundation is that it could be more long-lasting. I live in a hot and humid environment and by the end of the day, I can see the coverage has thinned and would need a touch-up. However, that's definitely something I can live with because the finish of this foundation works so well for me. Regarding Clinique's claims that the ingredients even out skin tone over time, I haven't seen any visible changes to my actual skin from using this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by nicola31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this foundation when I ran out if my double wear and was waiting for a new order to be delivered. First impressions were good although I found the shade looked a bit dark even in fair which is the lightest shade. After only a couple of hours I had a lot of shine despite powdering and using primer, the foundation had oxidised and settled into the fine lines around my eyes as well as highlighting the slightly dry patches round my nose. By the end of the day my face just looked dirty and all my blemishes were on show. Definitely not suitable for oily or combination skin and shades are too dark in my opinion. Definitely would not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by pinkstrawberii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have exxtreeeeemmmellly sensitive skin due to facial eczema and numerous factors can contribute to my flare ups. I had initially bought this looking for a face makeup that would not irritate my skin, but it did to an extent. Unlike many previous foundations I've tried this wasn't too bad. I did end up with very minor flare up in particular regions of my face (characterized by very slight redness and itchiness), however a flare up is a flare up and I returned the product. As of now I've been using Alima Pure's satin matte mineral foundation and this has definitely not been flaring me up!! I believe it contains only 5 ingredients (which many of them are just sunscreens), and I think it's due to the fact that it does contain very minimal ingredients that it hasn't caused me any breakouts.
So if you have eczema I'd really recommend looking into mineral foundation (the less ingredients probably the better). They may be more drying but I'd rather have dry skin than a painful swollen oozing face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had been breaking out pretty severely and was left with a bunch of red acne marks, so I was looking for a good foundation to even me out. This foundation claimed to fade discoloration and had good reviews on the Sephora website from other people with oily skin, so I got this in Golden Neutral to match my light-medium Southeast Asian coloring. Despite its claim to fade acne marks, unfortunately, I don't think I've noticed much of a change in my spots in the 5 months that I've been using it.

It works well enough. It comes in a bottle with a hygienic squeeze tip, which I really like, and has a pleasant consistency: thick, but not sticky. It gives medium coverage which covers the majority of my acne scars, though since I'm too lazy to apply it carefully, I mix it with my moisturizer and just rub it in for a sheer tint.

I don't think I'll be replacing it when it runs out. Given that I'm a student, I'd rather not spend $27 on one item of makeup. I recently picked up Physicians Formula Super BB Cream in Light/Medium, which is much more affordable. Given that I tend to dilute the Clinique foundation with moisturizer, the BB cream is indistinguishable in color and coverage, plus it visibly reduces the size and number of my pores!