Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Peony

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a sucker for tinted lip balms, so had to try these. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers do not come in the friendliest shades, but I do love Peony. It is so MLBB for my pale NW10 skin but very pigmented lips. Just gives them a little shimmer (not glitter!)
Ok, so changed my review from a 4 to a 5 because this is HG for me now. I put a little bit of my favorite lip liner on (Prestige in Silk) then add this on top for the perfect lip.

Wow such a nice subtle color. Not too heavy and for once something that gives color and moisturizes! I used to have to put lipbalm on before lipstick but now i get both!

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I really like this lip shimmer. It adds just a touch of color to my lips, the smell is very pleasant, and it moisturizes well. My only complaint is that I wish the color was a tiny bit darker.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I am so happy I got this product! I've tried other shades of Burt's Bees lip shimmers and found that they were either too dark for my pale complexion (watermelon) or simply frosty and unattractive (champagne).

Peony is a beautiful light pink shade that goes on sheer. It is a MLBB color that goes well with my fair/warm complexion. Looks very natural with just a hint of shimmer (not a frosty pink like champagne). Perfect for day to day use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I think this is a new shade although I'm not 100% sure about it since it's the first one I got. It is lovely rosey color with some shimmer. It does not look frosty little less extremely frosty on my lips. It is just a nice rosey color with light shimmer. I love it!

It is very moisturising and applies smoothly and silky. Like all of the Burt's Bees lip products there is a minty, tingly feeling on your lips for a while after applying this product.

If you are not satisfied with these I suggest you to try Palladio's Tinted Lip Balms which are even more moisturising and come in a variety of beautiful shades! If you live outside the US, you can find them on Ebay and the following website http://www.makeupgeek.com/

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I bought this at Wal-Mart and it came in a pack along with another colour that I can't remember lol. The colour sure is pretty. A frosty, rose pink. It has a nice, fresh mint scent. Smooth and moisturizing. I'm on the fence about this colour on myself, it may be a little too frosty for my liking, but even I find myself reaching for this sometimes. It's nice if it suits you.

Heard many good reviews about this one so I picked this up at a sale at Sephora. The color is MUCH darker in the tube than on my lips. It's actually quite a rosy shade and is rather frosty. Maybe that's b/c I have full lips so maybe it'll turn out better on those with thinner lips. Also, if your lips are dry this is definitely not a product for you b/c it tends to emphasize the dryness. Only if you exfoliate before applying will it look better.

I will definitely not purchase this again because it simply doesn't do anything for me. It does not moisturize or flatter me at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this on eBay for $3.99, shipping included. I originally wanted to try Champagne, but it was sold out, so I went with Peony.

The label shows it as a soft, rosy nude color. Straight out of the tube, it looks A LOT darker. It turned me off a little, but once I applied it, I noticed it went on very sheer, which I liked. It's also got a hint of subtle shimmer to it. Very pretty. Not too garish at all.

It smells like peppermint and when you put it on, it's got sort of a minty, menthol-y tingle to it, but I don't mind. It feels very creamy too. I think it moisturizes pretty well and keeps my lips soft for a while.

Would definitely repurchase.

It's a nice, natural-looking color with a minty scent. Didn't glide on as smoothly as I hoped, sorta pricey for the small amount, and it dries out kinda fast

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I really love this color - it's my new spring/summer lip staple. I have a warm skintone, and peony definitely is flattering on me (I think this is a universally flattering color) it's rose pink with a hint of shimmer to it, and like all other BB"s lip products - does a STUPENDOUS job at moisturizing and staying on for a long time. I wear this everyday to class because it's neutral enough, but still gives me a hint of color.