October 25, 2014 | 1075 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer in Peony

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by melanieehare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy I got this product! I've tried other shades of Burt's Bees lip shimmers and found that they were either too dark for my pale complexion (watermelon) or simply frosty and unattractive (champagne).

Peony is a beautiful light pink shade that goes on sheer. It is a MLBB color that goes well with my fair/warm complexion. Looks very natural with just a hint of shimmer (not a frosty pink like champagne). Perfect for day to day use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is a new shade although I'm not 100% sure about it since it's the first one I got. It is lovely rosey color with some shimmer. It does not look frosty little less extremely frosty on my lips. It is just a nice rosey color with light shimmer. I love it!

It is very moisturising and applies smoothly and silky. Like all of the Burt's Bees lip products there is a minty, tingly feeling on your lips for a while after applying this product.

If you are not satisfied with these I suggest you to try Palladio's Tinted Lip Balms which are even more moisturising and come in a variety of beautiful shades! If you live outside the US, you can find them on Ebay and the following website http://www.makeupgeek.com/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this at Wal-Mart and it came in a pack along with another colour that I can't remember lol. The colour sure is pretty. A frosty, rose pink. It has a nice, fresh mint scent. Smooth and moisturizing. I'm on the fence about this colour on myself, it may be a little too frosty for my liking, but even I find myself reaching for this sometimes. It's nice if it suits you.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by bananabrain

Heard many good reviews about this one so I picked this up at a sale at Sephora. The color is MUCH darker in the tube than on my lips. It's actually quite a rosy shade and is rather frosty. Maybe that's b/c I have full lips so maybe it'll turn out better on those with thinner lips. Also, if your lips are dry this is definitely not a product for you b/c it tends to emphasize the dryness. Only if you exfoliate before applying will it look better.

I will definitely not purchase this again because it simply doesn't do anything for me. It does not moisturize or flatter me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

I bought this on eBay for $3.99, shipping included. I originally wanted to try Champagne, but it was sold out, so I went with Peony.

The label shows it as a soft, rosy nude color. Straight out of the tube, it looks A LOT darker. It turned me off a little, but once I applied it, I noticed it went on very sheer, which I liked. It's also got a hint of subtle shimmer to it. Very pretty. Not too garish at all.

It smells like peppermint and when you put it on, it's got sort of a minty, menthol-y tingle to it, but I don't mind. It feels very creamy too. I think it moisturizes pretty well and keeps my lips soft for a while.

Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by beautynovice88

It's a nice, natural-looking color with a minty scent. Didn't glide on as smoothly as I hoped, sorta pricey for the small amount, and it dries out kinda fast

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by candycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this color - it's my new spring/summer lip staple. I have a warm skintone, and peony definitely is flattering on me (I think this is a universally flattering color) it's rose pink with a hint of shimmer to it, and like all other BB"s lip products - does a STUPENDOUS job at moisturizing and staying on for a long time. I wear this everyday to class because it's neutral enough, but still gives me a hint of color.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by batqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd been excited about getting this product for weeks; ever since I'd heard about it. I finally bought it today, and I am *so* disappointed.

This Lip Shimmer is pretty much invisible on my lips. There's absolutely no change in the color of my lips at all. The only thing it does is give my lips a kind of weird, almost old lady-ish, frosty look. So not flattering. I'd had such high hopes, too.

Still, for anyone with lips that are naturally on the pale side, this might be a perfect "natural" color. And it does have the same pleasant, minty tingle as the other Lip Shimmers.

It looks like I'll be returning this product as soon as I can, though. (Sigh.) Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite Burt's Bees lip shimmer. It is much less shimmery than the other colors I've tried - actually very little shimmer at all. The color is a light shell pink, which looks much more natural on me than any of the other lip shimmer shades. It is truly a MLBB color, and I find myself reaching for Peony more and more. It goes with so many of the makeup colors I normally wear too. As with all the lip shimmers, I wish the staying power were better, but will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by SueJC0211

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very nice neutral color for my fair, neutral complexion. I have darker natural lip tone and this shade does a nice job of giving me a version of 'nude lip' that doesn't make me look too washed out. It almost matches my natural lip color, but evens it out and gives it just a touch of subtle shimmer. LOVE the feel of all of the Burt's Bees lip shimmers.. goes on very smooth and has a fresh, cool feel on the lips. I also like how it feels over time.... stays feeling smooth without the sticky, gloppy feel of most lip glosses. It also doesn't collect in clumps in the corners of your mouth. (GROSS, I HATE that!). It is a bit expensive for such a small tube, but it lasts me awhile... you only need a sheer layer since it is highly pigmented. I also find that it has fairly good staying power so there's limited need to re-apply. I deducted one lippy since it's not my absolute favorite shade, but overall it's very nice.