November 21, 2014 | 1793 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by JV08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used covergirl for many years, but decided to make the jump to Neutrogena just to try a new product, and I have been pleased so far. I have combination skin that runs on the oily side, but the sensitivity steered me away from the drying salicylic acid in the skin-clearing foundation, so here we are. I found the shade ( (Buff 30) very naturally fitting to my skin tone, and like the fact that the foundation feels very light, not tight on my face, and I barely notice it's there. The *only* complaint I can come up with is that my face (mainly forehead) is oily by 3-4PM in the workday. However, that's naturally the way my face gets, so the foundation doesn't better nor worsen the situation. Will definitely repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by chrisnw

Hi dolls! Ok, I am always wary about trying out new foundations, since I already have something I'm happy with. My mainstay at the moment is MAC's studio sculpt, which is a gel-based foundation. I LOVE studio sculpt! It never breaks out my skin and it is beautifully moisturizing, but the coverage is really intense and it's a bit expensive, so I've been wanting to try a more sheer and dewy foundation for a while.

I've read good things about Neutrogena, and I thought "healthy skin" sounded so amazing! The foundation is creamy and looks beautiful on the skin. I use the MAC 190 foundation brush, and it works really well with all liquid foundations. However, Neutrogena broke me out almost immediately. I've been using it for a week now, and it is definitely the culprit. So sad, because it is a really nice foundation otherwise! The coverage is pretty light and it really makes your skin look natural and glowy. I would definitely recommend it to someone who has skin that never breaks out!

Color matching: I'm an NC20 in winter and NC25 in summer. It's December, and Buff was a perfect match for my NC20/NC25 skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Great coverage & color.Gives a nice subtle dewy effect~

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by SpottedGiraffe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just restocked on this, so I figured it was time to write a review.

I am about NW20-25, and I use # 70, and just got a #60 as it's fall and I'm losing my summer tan. Overall color selection isn't the largest, but I've had good luck with finding matches. I have normal to dry skin, usually only a few minor breakouts, redness, and skintone to even up.

I love how it applies (I use a Sigma F80, but it's nice with fingers too), and the coverage is medium for me. When applying, even on my dry skin, it looks very "glowy" (maybe almost too much). I apply my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish natural and it's the perfect complement to balance out the shiny-ness.

Wear throughout the day is pretty good, some fading (this is with ~14 hour wear, though). Never ever looks cakey or oxidizes on me. And even with SPF (always a plus!), it still looks nice in pictures.

My only con - the packaging. I like how the sturdy glass and that I can see how much product is left. I wish it had a pump, though. I hate pouring it out, but it's not very hard to regulate how much comes out.

It's readily available at drugstores, which is nice. It is one of the more expensive drugstore foundations. At CVS, this was $14.49. That's not exactly what I call drugstore prices! But Neutrogena was buy one, get one half off, so I got 2. Also there was a $1 Neutrogena coupon and a a CVS $3 off cosmetics coupon. So 2 for ~$18 is more acceptable. It's not priced like a drugstore foundation, but you can find deals (a lot of times they are 40% off).

I first purchased this in the mid-summer and used it pretty much every day. It lasted me about 2 1/2 months. I'm not sure if it's really doing better things for my skin, but I have no breakouts from this.

If you're looking for a new drugstore (or any!) foundation, I'd give this a shot if you have normal to dry skin, but consider some kind of setting powder. I'm not sure if it'd be something oily skinned folks would like. As for myself, I will repurchase, and I might look into buying an empty foundation bottle with a pump to make things easier!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It's never made me break out or burned my skin. It also sets on my skin with no powder needed at all. It lasts till the end of the day. I put it away for awhile because I don't like liquid foundations in the summer heat, but now I use it every day. It's really good for a drugstore foundation. Probably the best and most realistic to skin's natural texture that I've found. I've used Loreal True Match and it was drying. I also use Maybelline Dream Smooth, but it doesn't last in the same way. I have a lot of high end foundations, but I also love that this is so convenient and easy to buy. I look at my skin after applying it and you cannot see any pores or blemishes, and that's without concealer. So I'm going to always buy it and use it. After a few weeks the antioxidants help your skin tone and texture. Perhaps some people are allergic to ingredients, but that does not make the product itself bad for the majority of people. I prefer this to NARS Sheer Glow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I took back the Skin Clearing foundation by Neutrogena and swapped it for this formula thinking it would be perfect because the Skin Clearing was so drying...NOPE! "Healthy Skin", I think not---dried my skin out worse, made the skin in my under eye area dry out so bad to the point of serious flaking which I have never had a foundation do before. Oh, and also---was so drying it was burning my delicate eyelid skin when I tried to use it as a eyeshadow base (also something no foundation has done in the past), PLUS, was causing breakouts! What the eff, Neutrogena??? How can you be so great at skincare and so terrible at makeup? I actually had to back track in my new beauty buys to pin down which, out of the few new items, was causing the problem---read some reviews here which reported the same symptoms: bingo! Actually drove out to the 24hr CVS at 2am (after reading the MUA reviews) to get the last trustworthy and natural-looking foundation I had bought: L'Oreal True Match! I realized I had no backup leftovers in foundations and this madness and misery had to be stopped ASAP so I could have something nice to use the next day instead of this toxic stuff! Skin is fixed now *big sigh of relief*

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

mehhh....I liked this for a while, but then I put it away in my drawer and completely forgot about it. It makes my skin very oily after only a few hours (I have combo/oily/acne prone skin btw).

Has medium coverage, never broke me out but I didn't see any improvement either.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Liberachi97

Love:
-keeps my skin in check
-spf
-coverage is pretty good
Not so Much:
-tends to be a little oily
-wears off by the end of the day

I tried this product after is was recommended to me by my dermatologist and have been very happy with how it helped my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful semi-matte/satin finish that lasts for a good amount of time on my oily skin. The color match for NC30-35 skin is 60 Natural Beige and is very close. It could have been one of my favorite foundations if my skin didn't consistently respond with cystic acne in a matter of hours after application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

My current FAVORITE foundation. I just threw away many foundation because i don't need them anymore! I was using NARS Sheer Glow before this and found that it turned cakey at the end of the day. No problem with this one! It looks satin-y and natural and stays that way all day. I can set with powder and still look natural. Love it!! I don't like that its not a pump bottle, and color selection is not as great as dept store brands.